Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 2:39 AM
Default How do I get the tooltip names to show up on CAS or while changing the sims' hair or outfits?
The tooltip names won't show up on CAS or when changing their outfit or hair. Is there anyway I could fix that? I have some stuff that I would like to take out and the tooltip names would help me out a lot while trying to track them down
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:33 PM
Can't you hover the mouse arrow over the item? Tooltips should show in Change Appearance and in Bodyshop, and pretty sure they show in CAS too.

Are you sure the items have a tooltip name? If not, try running your CAS content through this tooltip tool: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239 (remember to tick the box if you want to fix existing tooltips).
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:45 PM
With FreeTime or later, tooltips for clothing only show in CAS if Debug Mode is enabled.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 3:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Sep 2018 at 9:44 PM.
You can check around in Bodyshop for items you want to get rid of. There's a delete button in Bodyshop (in the Create a sim part of the program), but I do recommend just writing down the items you want to delete and do it in the Downloads folder. This way you can make sure you also remove orphan meshes, and since the files end up in the paper bin, you have the option to regret. Or you can put the files in a folder away from your game and decide later whether you want to get rid of them or fix them (if broken).

Another nice thing with Bodyshop is that (if your CC is properly organized) you can put in only CAS items so it doesn't have to load everything else, and this won't affect your game even if you have mods and such you can't remove when playing the game (remember to put in everything before running the game, though). Also, when you've opened Bodyshop, it usually loads faster if you close and then open it again (even if deleting the cache files, as long as you don't restart your computer).

Deleting files from ingame can be unsafe, particularly with objects. If you delete the wrong files, you can cause quite a lot of problems.

I don't delete files ingame, and the only files I delete in Bodyshop are files I make and then decide not to keep while I'm creating.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 9:18 PM
Thank you @simmer22 and @dharden. I knew that you could enable tooltip names using the debug cheat but if I remembered correctly I thought that you could also see the tooltip on change appearance or the change outfit menu. Maybe I just remembered wrong but I'll try your solution simmer22. Since i'm running it on a cheap Intel Celeron laptop that i'm using temporarily until my new charger to my Intel i5 laptop gets here it might take a while to load up especially because I had to set it to power saver mode to keep it from overheating and shutting off whenever I play.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 9:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Sep 2018 at 10:36 AM.
I may remember wrong about tooltips for clothes ingame. I know they show for clothes in Bodyshop (it's the only way I can find infant clothes for recoloring), but now that I think about it, I can't remember them showing ingame. I was probably thinking about accessories and other CAS items, which do show tooltips - basically anything that shows up in the "Change Appearance" menu have tooltips there (it's the 'only' way to find certain items for infants ingame), though I'm a little unsure about CAS. Haven't made sims in a while...

Tooltips don't show for the custom infant clothes in CAS/buy/wardrobe (which bugs me because they're so tiny), so I don't think tooltips show for other ages, either.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 11:22 PM
You can make tooltips show by scrolling with mouse over the icon at least in bodyshop but I'm not sure if that works in CAS too.
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 12:48 AM
tool tips for custom sim parts can be edited in SimPE or with Wardrobe Wrangler.
Wardrobe Wrangler; changes the tool tip for every sim part in the package file. SimPE, just individual ones; I think "Catalog Description" resource, or maybe "Text Lists" resource.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I may remember wrong about tooltips for clothes ingame. I know they show for clothes in Bodyshop (it's the only way I can find infant clothes for recoloring), but now that I think about it, I can't remember them showing ingame. I was probably thinking about accessories and other CAS items, which do show tooltips - basically anything that shows up in the "Change Appearance" menu have tooltips there (it's the 'only' way to find certain items for infants ingame), though I'm a little unsure about CAS. Haven't made sims in a while...

You know what maybe it was just in Bodyshop and debug mode in CAS that lets you see the tooltips. I'll try the Bodyshop method because it lets you do all the stuff you can do in CAS but much faster and I won't have to keep reloading the game to track down and remove the stuff that I no longer want and need.