Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 7:08 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 7th Feb 2016 at 7:21 AM.
@jo: weird: you're profile (your last post) indicates that you posted a reply here at 7:44 am (my time) but I don't see it here.
Edit: That was on :y phone.
On my laptop I can see your reply. So weird.

Edit2:
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I put a picture up under a spoiler on the post before, post #34 on your download thread.

That was my check, I said they were called BG ElderRed30-s21 and BG ElderRed3-s21 your hairs. I don't know what else to say about it. My guess is they are clashing with a default.

Isn't post #30 the second file? I posted saying I could not use that file and would try the other. I can't remember now, maybe I should try both again to be sure of what was wrong.

Okay, I'll send a pm another time. I thought you simply didn't know and that's why you never replied back.

Yeah, I see the screenshot now. It's a long time ago.
I'm so sorry I reread the thread now and indeed you tested both files. So my earlier comment in this thread is not correct.
But I know why I didn't look back at it.
You edited your post #36 and with edits there's no indication in the user control panel that there has been a new comment so I didn't look at that thread again until there is a new comment.
That's why I didn't reply.
But if it happens again, just give a wake up PM (I'll get a notice from that) and then I can look at it again.

But also you say they could be messed up with something else.
I think it's best to answer in y uploadthread again about this issue rather than here.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 7:14 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 20th Feb 2016 at 9:14 PM.
@joandsarah77 I just found a mod over at BAS that makes Elders walk normal.

No one mentioned it above and so wasn't sure if you knew 'bout it

Edited it to take out link per Jo's request
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 8:19 AM
I have that, but thanks Calibrat. I grabbed it before telfen did their flounce of this site for the second time lol. Didn't know they had put it up elsewhere.

I'm still looking for elder coloured hair, since most posted here is not that. Most is adult hair with grey in it, which is nice but still leaves elders high and dry. I have been promised a tutorial to keep colours so I hope I can follow it lol. My track record on such things has not been that great.

@lientebollemeis All I can think is it's my defaults. I forget if I tested with them out or not.

P.S @CaliBrat you better take that link down before a mod sees it since it's an adult site.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#29 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 11:56 AM Last edited by eliset : 20th Feb 2016 at 2:08 PM.
I just unbinned a bunch of binned eyebrows because I hate the color restrictions. The process is tedious but not hard. If you have some hairs in mind, you could unbin them. I know this is eyebrows, and I'm sure the instance you have to change for hair is different, and maybe somebody here knows what that is. I'd like to know, too. If not, I'll get in SimPE and see if I can figure it out.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=572255

ETA: I was able to unbin hair for elders using Wardrobe Wrangler and have some detailed instructions I wrote down and saved. I have to write everything down in DETAIL or I can't follow it, so it's 18 steps including finding the file, pushing the save button, etc., which is probably overkill for most people. I don't know what the rule is about sharing something like this.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 2:57 PM
P.S @CaliBrat you better take that link down before a mod sees it since it's an adult site.
AFAIK it's ok to link to an adult site, provided that you're not linking to actual adult content. There was something about it in Site Matters a while back. Charity has a whole thread of links to family-friendly stuff on BAS.

Myself I use the NoAgeDiscrimination and EldersSleepThroughTheNight mods. I really needed those, as I created a pair of elder sisters in CAS, and being created in CAS, they had no pensions, so they were living in severe, if genteel, poverty until they were able to get adult jobs through the NoAgeDiscrimination mod. And I couldn't see how they could do an adult job without a sensible sleep pattern. As for clothes, I have a number of outfits, mainly underwear and swimwear, that are based on the adult bodyshape. It is quite easy to make adult clothing available for elders with Wardrobe Wrangler as they are the same size. But I do it quite inconsistently, so that some of mySims change their shape when they change their clothes! I'd need to start up my game to tell you exactly what adult clothing I have that can also be used by elders, but I can find out of anyone is interested.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 6:42 PM
I have that, but thanks Calibrat. I grabbed it before telfen did their flounce of this site for the second time lol. Didn't know they had put it up elsewhere.

I'm still looking for elder coloured hair, since most posted here is not that. Most is adult hair with grey in it, which is nice but still leaves elders high and dry. I have been promised a tutorial to keep colours so I hope I can follow it lol. My track record on such things has not been that great.

@lientebollemeis All I can think is it's my defaults. I forget if I tested with them out or not.

I tested it with only punkflip textured reference in game, but it doesn't work. I don't think it has to do with the default you have.
It's definitelly a name issue but I can't find the correct name to texture reference punkflip and the other problem hairs.
At least you can use about 2/3 of the textured referenced haircuts I made.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
AFAIK it's ok to link to an adult site, provided that you're not linking to actual adult content.

Even if it's just one click away? See here how I can jump from my thread to the Sims 2 Where Can I find area well I did that and got thumbnails to multiple sex pose boxes ect. I don't see how that keeps this sites pg13 rating. If it's all the same I would rather my thread did not go there.

If you guys read my first post here I already list the mods that I use. I am after any mods that I don't use, clothes, hair and eyebrows.

@lientebollemeis is it safe if I open body shop and delete the ones that don't work or will that delete Maxis files accidentally. I did recently use a tutorial on the Wooden Simolean to make some files read only but I can't find it to say which file type it was.

Also which file do I use, the first or the second?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#33 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:12 PM
Ok, @joandsarah77, the time has come for you to join the big kids and change over to the big kid style and leave the antiquated old style behind. :D

I was puzzled as to why I could see the boldin of the thread to say you'd made a post, but could never SEE it until someone posted after you. Marka cleared up as to what the possible problem was, ie you bein on old style.

(I know, or think I know, you like the old style better, I'm just hasslin ya ) What is it about the old style you find better if I may ask?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:16 PM
I'm sorry CaliBrat but I use Classic for eye comfort. It's just easier to read and I find I get eye strain much faster on Bootsrap. I am not the only person on here who continues to use Classic for this reason. I know it's annoying, but if you post my post will show up for you.
Jumping around, finding posts not showing and having pages open in both is not done because I enjoy it, that's for sure.

You know what is really amusing? Opening a page on bootstrap, looking at this thread and finding I can't see my own post made on classic.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#35 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:23 PM
I used to like the old style better too - easier to read IMO. I've got used to the new style though since some update somewhere made using the old version of the site with Flash enabled virtually impossible.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:26 PM
However if I edit my post (like i just did) once that saves volla! Not only my post on Classic shows up but so does maxon's. This one I am posting on Bootstrap. The text is both more pale and smaller on the page. I know I should grab my glasses, but even so it makes me squint.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#37 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:27 PM
I can understand. I have visual difficulties too. I have to have my desktop set to large and even then I will still enlarge the window between 110% to 150% depending on what I'm doing.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post

Jo, go to the bottom of the screen. See if if your style is set to Bootstrap just by itself or if it has more after it. Reason I ask is that if you set it to just Bootstrap it's not light, but if you use Boostrap Metro Font the font is much lighter and harder to see.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:31 PM
Look at Classic you will see the text is larger and darker. It's only a subtle difference but it's enough of a difference to make it immediately noticeable to my eyes strain, which I can feel now so I am going back to classic. edit, comparing the two in two separate pages notice the grey behind the text is darker as well, I find that is another big part of why I like Classic better. This Bootstrap is too bright.

(posted on Bootstrap)

edit: Down the bottom it says Bootstrap, that is all. If there is an even smaller fainter text I don't want to look at it at all. Now my back aches as well since I just realized I've been leaning in as well. it's not like I am on really strong glasses, just average for my age I think.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 10:59 PM
Even if it's just one click away? See here how I can jump from my thread to the Sims 2 Where Can I find area well I did that and got thumbnails to multiple sex pose boxes ect. I don't see how that keeps this sites pg13 rating. If it's all the same I would rather my thread did not go there.

If you guys read my first post here I already list the mods that I use. I am after any mods that I don't use, clothes, hair and eyebrows.

@lientebollemeis is it safe if I open body shop and delete the ones that don't work or will that delete Maxis files accidentally. I did recently use a tutorial on the Wooden Simolean to make some files read only but I can't find it to say which file type it was.

Also which file do I use, the first or the second?

Which files (first and second) do you mean? Ill explain it in the upload text itself when I get the time.
If you want to delete the files it's the safest to delete it feom your downloadfolder. Not from body shop or the game.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 11:10 PM
I can't tell by looking inside the download folder what to delete since I don't know what works or not. Gummi is doing me up a tutorial on keeping hair colour once she is back home so maybe doing that to individual cc hairs will be easier. Thanks for looking at it.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#41 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 12:11 AM
I was able to unbin hair for elders using Wardrobe Wrangler. All the colors you change show up in the custom bin. It's just a matter of changing one number for each hair color you want to use.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 1:21 AM
I can't use WW, it only ever worked once then ever after that I got an error message so I uninstalled it.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#43 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:22 AM
I don't like Bootstrap either. Not only is the text style annoying, but some of the buttons aren't as easy to find as on Classic.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 7:47 AM
I can't use WW, it only ever worked once then ever after that I got an error message so I uninstalled it.

I never heard of wardrobe wrangler and when looking for it, I found this http://modthesims.info/d/434016

Does anyone know if those might help with the texture reference punkflip problem?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't like Bootstrap either. Not only is the text style annoying, but some of the buttons aren't as easy to find as on Classic.

I think we are a dwindling minority Charity.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2