Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 6:48 AM
Yep. I actually have all EPs; I just don't have OFB installed at present. What's marked on my profile is what I've got currently installed, because that's easiest for filtering downloads.
Half males and half females is fine with me, though the genders don't really matter. I don't use BO's Alien Experiments, but I understand a lot of people use it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:36 PM
Great, thanks!
Let me know when you've decided who you want and with which hair color.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:38 PM
I've heard that red hair is a good choice because it isn't dominant and gives the impregnated sim's hair colour more of a chance to show.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:32 PM
In an unmodded game, red and blonde are both equally recessive, actually, with brown and black being equally dominant.
There's a mod that can make red even more recessive than blonde (or, more accurately, that makes blonde a tiny bit more dominant than red): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=597849
Other mod that changes the hair dominance individually for each color: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434085
Same thing for eye colors: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=481287
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eldonyx
There's a mod that can make red even more recessive than blonde (or, more accurately, that makes blonde a tiny bit more dominant than red): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=597849

I actually thought I had that mod, but I forgot it also changes eye colour dominance at the same time, and I have all my eyes edited separately to my own personal specifications. It doesn't look like there's a mod that does exactly what I want so far as hair genetics without messing up the eyes as well.
Inventor
#31 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:02 PM
I use the last two mods Eldonyx listed to make all of the hairs and eyes equally dominant so that I could have more variety. Maybe you can use them to your specifications, like ultra dominant red hair.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:05 PM
Those mods don't do anything like what I want so far as hair genetics. I want dominance to go thus: black > brown > blond > red.

Edit: I don't want red hair to be more dominant; I just want more red hair genetics injected into my overly-brown hood.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM
Thanks for all of the information in this thread, everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
To avoid any more confusion, I'll leave these instructions from the wikia here.

As a loyal MTS user and MTS Wiki contributer, I feel obliged to point out that there is also information about avoiding hood corruption, including MultiPT removal here:
Game Help:Avoiding Hood Corruptionwiki
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Eldonyx : 29th Oct 2017 at 6:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I actually thought I had that mod, but I forgot it also changes eye colour dominance at the same time, and I have all my eyes edited separately to my own personal specifications. It doesn't look like there's a mod that does exactly what I want so far as hair genetics without messing up the eyes as well.

Well, from what I understand, that mod only changes the genetic values for the default Maxis eyes, so if you're using geneticized custom eyes, it shouldn't impact those.

Edit:
Nopke also put up the unmodified eyes xml in the comments section of the download, so anyone can replace the mod's modifications with those and have only the hair changes. I would do it myself, except that I can't seem to find Nopke's policy/terms of use, so I don't know if they would allow such modifications to be shared.
Theorist
#35 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:27 PM
The Silver Lining did a mod that gives you a choice to make 1) blond and red dom (can be either or both) or b) blond and red equal domination to black and brown, or any variation there of. Lots of choices. Then Mootilda liked what TSL did with hair, so she did the similar with eyes.

These are the two mods I use as I like havin all hair and eyes on an equal chance. I know this isn't true for RL genetics, but this way I don't have a Hood full of brown and black haired sims w/ brown eyes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eldonyx
Well, from what I understand, that mod only changes the genetic values for the default Maxis eyes, so if you're using geneticized custom eyes, it shouldn't impact those.

I do have geneticized custom eyes, but I also have the dominance values of most of the regular eyes edited. My eyes are all exactly how I want them at present (alien/brown/black > green > light blue/dark blue/grey > redpink/violet), and I'd rather not mess that up. I can live with the default hair values for now; they're just not what I'd prefer.

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I like havin all hair and eyes on an equal chance. I know this isn't true for RL genetics, but this way I don't have a Hood full of brown and black haired sims w/ brown eyes.

I'm glad you found a system that works well for you. For my own game, I'd rather it mirror real life genetics, at least to a point.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:24 AM
Didn't know PT defaults had to have four choices, minimum. But than, I didn't know removing custom Sim parts leaves DNA CORRUPTION!!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Didn't know PT defaults had to have four choices, minimum. But than, I didn't know removing custom Sim parts leaves DNA CORRUPTION!!

It doesn't absolutely have to be one, four or eight (the current options I know of), it's just that to have a different number, you would need to modify the mod itself, and I, for one, have no idea how to do that. Or, like I wrote earlier, you can put the same PT in multiple slots in the mod, resulting in fewer choices total. However, if one PT appears in more slots than the others, that one will be chosen more often than the others.

Example: a 4-PT mod has four slots, meaning a max of 4 alien PTs. If I put the same PT in two slots, there will be two slots left for the others, resulting in a total of three different PTs - and one will be chosen twice as often as the two others.

And don't worry, I didn't remember about the DNA corruption either (then again, I never pull out custom content that's being used by a sim dead or alive, so I didn't really have a reason to remember it.)
Page 2 of 2