Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 1:01 AM
Default Young Elder/Middle Age
This is not a simple where can I find, but I hope an ongoing thread. I thought of posting it to the general area but thought it might get moved.

For those of you who attempt to make newly turned elders look a lot young, more middle aged, what cc or mods do you use?

Coral Bay's founders will be turning elder soon and I am in need of non grey hair and eyebrows. I use to have quite a bit, items that I assume were non binned? These days everything is binned like that's a good thing, but that leaves elders with nothing but grey. I have a few coloured hairs in the custom bin but it's very restrictive.

As to mods I already use:
Enable adult clothes for elder
No Age Discrimination
Elders Sleep at Night
Slower bladder
male/female walk

If you know of clothes that use adult shape, non grey or greying hair or eyebrows, post them here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 9:00 AM
I think I've found it: I remember using it at some point here
EDIT: This is clothing with adult shape.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 9:27 AM
Is that better than the one I already have? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1243.0.html because it's way more files. Edit: Although it looks like there is one at the end.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 9:59 AM
I can't say, as I haven't used yours but based on the description alone, yours is better.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 11:41 AM
not sure if you'd be interested, but I recently found a no adult to elder mod at simbology that cause sims to still physically look like adults after becoming elders.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:01 PM
I know of that yes, no I do want them to age, just not look like 80 years old.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 4:57 AM
@ joandsarah77 please check out all of creator biillielith items she have a whole line of male body items in her line call "No Valentine" made for a new age group of male like "Middle Age" here the link.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=472876 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=471238 and even more of her No Valentine. I have it in my game and I love it she did an excellent job for this new male age group.
Be sure to check all items for "No Valentine she did more then a few uploads for this.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 5:06 AM
Thanks Simonut, so the unbinned ones will show up for elders? Now deciding between all those files ahhhhg.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Simonut : 28th Jan 2016 at 11:11 PM.
@ joandsarah77 I don't know about showing up for the elders in my game the only elder I have is Old Goth and in my Custom hood there none.
I notice the Creator billielith is still active she was on the MTS today she is really a nice person it would be a good idea to PM about her NO Valentine.
I have the hair on my Major who I wanted to look not so young but yet not so old but Middle age.

NOTE: She said there on her hair post that the unbinned "grey" is useable for all.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:29 PM
All binned brows go grey on elders, I am after black, brown, red and blond brows or salt and pepper brows for elders not grey. Grey is easy to get. I've put in the unbinned trash set so i will load up CAS today and see if the colours show on elders. Hair is even harder to find. Old hair is often not binned but most of it isn't the type of quality i would use. I was hoping the maxis elder hairs here on MTS would work but for whatever reason that set gives issues. I posted about it on the creators thread but my last post never got a response.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:44 PM
Did you check out Billielith "eyebrows in her No Valentine ?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 11:57 PM
Yes, that's what I said I would be checking in game today, her unbinned brows. I haven't looked at the hair but I could try that. it's only one male hair though, I will be in need of far more female hair.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 12:55 AM
@ joandsarah77 I found some different styles of Salt and Pepper hair for Middle age ( I downloaded also ) http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ch/salt/page/2/
I am kicking my brain out here I know over the years I ran across the female Middle age salt and pepper hair, don't remember where, I was doing a google search and ran across the hair on the link above trying to find it.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 1:19 AM
It doesn't have to be salt and pepper, just normal adult hair is good too. I think it either has to be unbinned or custom. I don't know if thsoe hairs are binned or not, if they are binned they will only show on adults. The picture looks like adults. Guess I could put up with a whole minute of T$R to try them.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 11:15 AM
Hello Jo, and thanks for another useful topic. I am interested too, I rarely let my female sims turn to all white all of a sudden because most women actually dye their hair when it starts greying, so the sim way is not very realistic.

Here are some of the non grey eyebrows I use (for what it's worth, as it's all old stuff):
6 would be Helaene's brows at the Graveyard

(it's the order they appeared in in Bodyshop by the way, not some sort of rating).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 1:03 PM
Here's a thought that might contribute to the discussion (good thread Jo):

It should be possible to create a mod a little like InTeen (though not so drastic) which would allow us to add a middle-aged 'state' to the game. If people want, I can explain my thinking on how this could work (I'm not saying I would have the skills to make this). But my question is, if we were able to make such a mod, what features would you give to the middle-aged state - some of my thoughts:
  • Use of specific meshes/skins by default (e.g. greying hairs/eyebrows, body/clothes with more appropriate bodyshapes (meshes) for middle-aged people because no matter what we might wish, bodies change as you age)
  • Maybe alternative treatment of woohoo desires and child-production (desire for children can still remain strong but likelihood of producing one would probably decrease - for most sims anyway)
  • Maybe mid-life crisis features - say 'childish' wants rolling up more often (by that I mean things that are less serious adult wants, or a want for a flashy car maybe). I'm not sure what else here since I didn't have a mid-life crisis myself
  • More interest in hobbies or social-engagement

Those are the kind of categories I could envisage though I'm sure there are more.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#17 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM
Regarding hair, It would probably be easier to make two-colored hair with the custom hairs, because the texture files just look like basic straight stripes, but the Maxis hairs are more like a "painted wig" if you see what I mean, and they have a painted structure on them. So it's difficult because you don't want to paint grey across strands, it would look weird. But the custom hairs... If you just added some straight grey lines, perhaps it would look ok in game.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 1:13 AM
@joandsarah77 About Creator Billielith No Valentine that hair is binned and when you change the hair her brows change with it, all the basic colors are there and really look good and well done.
I have all her No Valentine packages really like as I said before.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 1:44 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 31st Jan 2016 at 11:49 PM.
I am happy enough just to find coloured hair for elders, it doesn't have to be grey stranded. That said some years ago someone did do that for me, turned a normal brown hair into a brown with grey strands for elder hair. It was for my legacy heiress, she actually made me 2 versions, less and more grey. I have no clue on making custom content.

Right now it might be awhile, we have a stomach bug thing going through our puppies so it's direha patrol here. I don't know if i will get my game loaded or not, Whenever I leave I forget to load it.

Just an update after looking in CAS. The hair from TSR is only good for black haired sims. It shows up in each colour as black with grey.

The eyebrows are good though.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 11:47 PM
Don't want to be triple posting on my own thread so I am combining the other two posts into this one.

Hair by RandomUncertainty on GOS Unfinished Business theme.
Elders keep their colour. The first two hairs and very suitable for elders.
http://digitalperversion.net/garden...?topic=33176.60

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#21 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:55 PM
I'm browsing the web instead of doing my house chores.
Maybe you'll find that link interesting: http://questforsims.tumblr.com/post...ys-its-an-alpha
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:12 PM
I don't think someone mentioned this:http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=524148

Somthing I created a few years ago. Maybe it's what you're looking for.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:45 PM
@lientebollemeis you never got back to me on the issues I was having. I am the one that posted about white paper with words and skin textures in the hair on your download thread. On some not all of the hairs. Since the issue was never fixed I just pulled the files. My guess was it clashed with some of my default or custom hairs.

Essa, that hair is grey on elders as well. Good for older adult sims but not for keeping colour on elders.

Now here is another strange thing. Must be to do with thumbnails I guess. But in the elder section I have hair that shows various colours but when clicked on most show up as brown or black, very few show up as red or blond even when the picture shows red or blond. Refreshing with CTRL does not alter that.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@lientebollemeis you never got back to me on the issues I was having. I am the one that posted about white paper with words and skin textures in the hair on your download thread. On some not all of the hairs. Since the issue was never fixed I just pulled the files. My guess was it clashed with some of my default or custom hairs.

Essa, that hair is grey on elders as well. Good for older adult sims but not for keeping colour on elders.

Now here is another strange thing. Must be to do with thumbnails I guess. But in the elder section I have hair that shows various colours but when clicked on most show up as brown or black, very few show up as red or blond even when the picture shows red or blond. Refreshing with CTRL does not alter that.

I remember that now. But I asked for screenshots to be able to help you but you haven't uploaded any.
Also this was your last post:
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not yet, I will be trying it today and I'll let you know how that goes.

Most of the hairs looked fine with the first file except a couple of custom hairs were messed up. I'll take your file out tomorrow and check those two hairs since they could be messed up from something else.

The messed up hair when moused over say BG ElderRed30-s21 and BG ElderRed3-s21

Have you tried it out that day?
Have you checked those two hairs?
I was waiting for some more info from you before I could do anything.
That's why I couldn't answer.
I'm sure we can still solve this issue.

Ps: if I ever don't answer in a few days, just ask again so the issue isn't lost in time.
It can always happen I have some things on my mind in real life (like in november-december my boyfriend was seriously Ill).
Just give a wake up message and I'll answer.
There's no way I ignore a message or an issue like that intensivly.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 6:44 AM
I put a picture up under a spoiler on the post before, post #34 on your download thread.

That was my check, I said they were called BG ElderRed30-s21 and BG ElderRed3-s21 your hairs. I don't know what else to say about it. My guess is they are clashing with a default.

Isn't post #30 the second file? I posted saying I could not use that file and would try the other. I can't remember now, maybe I should try both again to be sure of what was wrong.

Okay, I'll send a pm another time. I thought you simply didn't know and that's why you never replied back.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2