Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:16 AM
Default Anybody remember a carnival chicken that plays games?
I dunno, my memory is pretty vague on this and I have no idea who created it or where I found it or anything, but I know I had it in the past, on my old computer: it's some kind of carnival game where you sit down on a rough wooden box and play chess with a chicken or something. Well, really it's more the thing you'd see outside some rural gas station than at a carnival (kind of a novelty, like the world's largest ball of twine, along those lines.) Maybe it's not even chess, maybe it's checkers, or maybe the chicken gives you an IQ test, I really can't remember much about it. I don't remember if there were supposed to be prizes involved; I think I only had one of my sims try it out twice and he lost both times. (I HOPE it wasn't an IQ test! Ha ha!) It was at least three or four years ago that I last had it on my computer, so I'm sorry for not having more to go on.

I'm building a fairground right now and that reminded me of that little chicken game. It would be a great addition to my midway! If anybody remembers it or - better yet - knows where I can get it, please reply. (I'm also constantly on the look-out for new and exciting carnival stuff, so if anybody knows about any of that, I don't think it would be too off-topic to pass it along here . . . ? I know how particular the moderators are about the content of the posts needing to match the title just to keep everything clear. I'm sure they'll let me know if it's out of line.)

Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:24 AM
Do you mean Professor Chicken from Sims 2 on PS2 and Xbox? I'm not sure if somebody made one for pc but it would be cool if it is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Do you mean Professor Chicken from Sims 2 on PS2 and Xbox? I'm not sure if somebody made one for pc but it would be cool if it is.

I don't know, but that is very interesting. I don't have a PS2 or an XBox, just a PC, so I will look into it and reply here. Does it sound similar? It was a really hokey little game, everything was made out of rough wood, and it was just so cute!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 8:20 AM
Yes, it was from the console version of The Sims 2 (I can confirm for Playstation 2 at least, that's the one I own). If you had enough logic you could beat the chicken and you won a golden egg, that is an ingredient in the game. It also appears in one of the movies on the TV if you have Freetime.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 10:16 AM
Here's a screenshot of Don Lothario playing checkers with the chicken in the PS2 version.

http://modthesims.info/t/590591
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:14 PM
Yes, that does look like the chicken in my dusty old memory. And she's wearing a graduation cap, awww! Too cute. Well, someone must have converted it at some stage, because I had it and of course I can't remember when or who or where, or any other important stuff. But I've never played PS2 or XBox, so there's no way my memory - bad as it is - could be that mixed up. If I hadn't had it for Sims 2 on PC I would not have even known about it. So it's out there somewhere, floating in the ether.

Charity: Thankyou for the suggestions! Yes I do already have some of these: the first set, with the popcorn machine and the wagon and all that; and I have Echo's wonderful Carnival set, which is what got me going building fairgrounds in the first place. OOh, you should see the roller coaster I just built! Huge! It'll probably crash my game as soon as I send somebody to ride on it, but I'm rather proud of it anyways, ha ha. I did NOT have the ferris wheel though. That's another thing I had on my old computer and for some reason, forgot all about (needless to say, I downloaded it immediately.) And I love that tent! I've never seen that before, but when I went to download it, Dropbox was not cooperating. All I got was a message saying that package files could not be previewed, but nothing to click on to start the download. Anyways, those were all great suggestions, and exactly the type of thing I'm after, so thank you again.

I do have quite a collection of really good fairground stuff now - almost to the point that when I build one I have to pick and choose what to put in it because it won't all fit. (Good excuse for TWO fairgrounds! Yahoo!) I've got Miniature Golf by MizzesSimmer; Clara the Clairvoyant (I love her!) by maybesomethingdunno; hot air balloon rides from rebeccah and Parsimonious; three - count 'em, three! - different carousels; bumper cars (also part of Echo's Carnival Set); several TS3 conversions by Veranka and Crisps&Kerosene some of which are functional and some decorative; a Shooting Gallery by PCsims, found one day at the Graveyard. (I hope the Graveyard isn't gone for good! Maybe they can still revive it. That's a great site.) I probably have a few other treasures picked up from here and there that I can't think of now, so, you know, that's quite a bit for one fairground, especially since, as we all know, there appear to be limits as to what a computer will put up with regarding how much stuff you can cram onto one gigantic lot.

I also seem quite taken with building the biggest, most fabulous roller coasters the world has ever seen using the Carnival Set, so that takes up room. I also just built a hedge maze, which was fun but a little pointless because they don't ever get lost. I didn't do it with the current fairground, but in the past I've built haunted houses with dancing skeletons and other assorted scary details - in fact, once I had the roller coaster go through the top floor of the haunted house; it was tricky, but it worked.

Speaking of the Graveyard, I wonder if that's where I found that chicken game, way back when. I wouldn't be surprised. Well, hopefully, some day soon the Graveyard will be back and I can poke around and look for it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
I did NOT have the ferris wheel though. That's another thing I had on my old computer and for some reason, forgot all about (needless to say, I downloaded it immediately.) And I love that tent! I've never seen that before, but when I went to download it, Dropbox was not cooperating. All I got was a message saying that package files could not be previewed, but nothing to click on to start the download. Anyways, those were all great suggestions, and exactly the type of thing I'm after, so thank you again.

The link to the circus tent was working when I tried it just now. Maybe it was just acting up before?

Chris Hatch has a very nice ferris wheel based on Jasana's, but larger. It has double seats that can hold two sims at once. I don't have a link for it though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 9:02 AM
I do have quite a collection of really good fairground stuff now - almost to the point that when I build one I have to pick and choose what to put in it because it won't all fit. (Good excuse for TWO fairgrounds! Yahoo!) I've got Miniature Golf by MizzesSimmer; Clara the Clairvoyant (I love her!) by maybesomethingdunno; hot air balloon rides from rebeccah and Parsimonious; three - count 'em, three! - different carousels; bumper cars (also part of Echo's Carnival Set); several TS3 conversions by Veranka and Crisps&Kerosene some of which are functional and some decorative; a Shooting Gallery by PCsims, found one day at the Graveyard. (I hope the Graveyard isn't gone for good! Maybe they can still revive it. That's a great site.) I probably have a few other treasures picked up from here and there that I can't think of now, so, you know, that's quite a bit for one fairground, especially since, as we all know, there appear to be limits as to what a computer will put up with regarding how much stuff you can cram onto one gigantic lot.

Now you have stuff I don't have. XD Have you got a link for the miniature golf and the hot air balloons?

While going through Crisps and Kerosene's stuff I also found this and thought that it would be great for a haunted house. http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...anaged-to-throw
Instructor
#10 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:24 AM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 12th Sep 2018 at 10:56 AM.
Yes, that does look like the chicken in my dusty old memory. And she's wearing a graduation cap, awww! Too cute. Well, someone must have converted it at some stage, because I had it and of course I can't remember when or who or where, or any other important stuff. But I've never played PS2 or XBox, so there's no way my memory - bad as it is - could be that mixed up. If I hadn't had it for Sims 2 on PC I would not have even known about it. So it's out there somewhere, floating in the ether.

Uhm maybe you're getting confuse with the chicken statue available in the game?
I think it was introduced with one of the EPs (I guess UNI) or, maybe, it was one of the maxoid items.
Ok, found it in game, introduced with free time - just to make clear what I'm talking about lol:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:29 AM
The hot air balloon is parsimonious. http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...r_Balloons.html and http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=292169

Also, while Echos bumper car has been linked, Leefish's updated version has not and Chris Hatch also has a version.

There is also a mime. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...e-dancing-mime/

Be aware most of these items does contain an NPC so those must never be removed from your download folder or you are deleting a sim. Once it is in your folder and you load a hood, that NPC is added.

If you are interested in a lot, I have one made here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574466 This includes PCsims shooting game.

I know there is a balloon dart board someplace.

The chicken game I have never seen, pcsims or simslice or some old closed site would be my guess. The only way to get some of those items is graveyard or if someone has it and uploads it.

Quote:
Chris Hatch has a very nice ferris wheel based on Jasana's, but larger. It has double seats that can hold two sims at once. I don't have a link for it though.
Anyone know where that is? @Chris Hatch

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Was it ihatemandatoryregister that archived Chris Hatch's hacks?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Now you have stuff I don't have. XD Have you got a link for the miniature golf and the hot air balloons?

While going through Crisps and Kerosene's stuff I also found this and thought that it would be great for a haunted house. http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...anaged-to-throw

Happy to oblige! I can't mesh, I can't recolor stuff, and I couldn't make a mod with a gun to my head, so it's nice to be able to pass-on useful info at least!

Here are the hot air balloons from Parsimonious: http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...r_Balloons.html
Here are Rebecah's hot air balloons: http://modthesims.info/d/292169
**One of these hot air balloons goes straight up and down and always lands in the same place, the other one drifts around a bit and will land nearby but not exactly on the spot it left from, so it will require more space. But I can't recall which is which.

Here are the Miniature Golf Greens: http://modthesims.info/d/188476
**These are so cute when you do up an area with lots of flowers and garden gnomes and flamingos and all kinds of kitschy stuff like you find in a Mini Golf course.

Those paintings are creeeeeepy, especially the last one! I love that it changes with the time of day. I always think it's better to have stuff that does something, rather than just hanging up a scary painting of a vampire or whatever. Years ago (again, on my old computer) I had - it was either a scarecrow or a skeleton, can't recall - that would just stand there and let people admire it, but once in a while it would lunge forward and go Boo! The poor sim would freak out. It was hilarious! I jumped a mile the first time I saw it. Another little treasure I can't find *sigh*.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:03 PM
Years ago (again, on my old computer) I had - it was either a scarecrow or a skeleton, can't recall - that would just stand there and let people admire it, but once in a while it would lunge forward and go Boo! The poor sim would freak out. It was hilarious! I jumped a mile the first time I saw it. Another little treasure I can't find *sigh*.

There's a scarecrow that came with Seasons that does this- and Simslice made some items based off that, most notably the Will Wright scarecrow.

Sims 1 had scary paintings that went boo at the sims.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
I think it was introduced with one of the EPs (I guess UNI) or, maybe, it was one of the maxoid items.
Ok, found it in game, introduced with free time - just to make clear what I'm talking about lol:

Nope, I'm sure I had it in my game and that one of my sims played it (lost, too.) I have used that chicken sculpture in my game, usually in a trophy case at a Community Club or somewhere like that, just because it looks vaguely trophy-like. Odd that it never reminded me of that long-lost chicken game. I only remembered it when I was building my current fairground.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 7:05 PM
The hot air balloon is parsimonious. http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...r_Balloons.html and http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=292169

Also, while Echos bumper car has been linked, Leefish's updated version has not and Chris Hatch also has a version.

There is also a mime. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...e-dancing-mime/

Be aware most of these items does contain an NPC so those must never be removed from your download folder or you are deleting a sim. Once it is in your folder and you load a hood, that NPC is added.

If you are interested in a lot, I have one made here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574466 This includes PCsims shooting game.

I know there is a balloon dart board someplace.

The chicken game I have never seen, pcsims or simslice or some old closed site would be my guess. The only way to get some of those items is graveyard or if someone has it and uploads it.

Your fairground is gorgeous! So bright and colorful. Mine are always a little dark and dingy looking somehow, but I tend to see fairgrounds as being a little bit sinister underneath, and I think that seeps through when I'm building. (Shlocky horror movies during my misspent youth?) I forgot to mention the mime; I have that one as well, but I forgot he was one of Rebecah's creations, I thought he came along with the Carnival Set, but that was the clowns. I'd LOVE to get my paws on a balloon dartboard! And Chris Hatch's ferris wheel. I'm gonna go scour the net!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Ok, found it in game, introduced with free time - just to make clear what I'm talking about lol:[/img]

So that's what that statue is based on - I was wondering who came up with such a seemingly random statue for the Games hobby!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:04 PM
There is also an invisible PutPut and I used that to make my own mini golf on a couple of my lots. I also have some numbers, lines and a golf hole made for me for that upload. If you want those I can link you to that lot as well. Did you grab the PC sims shooting range? That was in the separate folder on my lot.

Another thing that I have built before is using some low walls to build a remote control car track.

On plumbobkeep is a medieval pony ride. Based on a roundabout.

That's cool about the statue-but I would rather have the game! I am rather fond of theme parks, I also have a water one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:37 AM Last edited by Charity : 13th Sep 2018 at 3:06 PM.
F---ing pinterest. The only links to a pony ride I could find were all theirs and took me to a pile of stuff that had nothing to do with what I asked for! Ahem, now I've got all my aggression out, may I please have a link?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:43 AM
Yeah, I HATE pintest. Heh, I beat it at its own game. I noticed it said fracturedmoonlight on the picture so used that in google with pony rides. https://12raben.tumblr.com/post/158...ny-rides-people :D

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 3:07 PM
Thanks!
Alchemist
#22 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 9:37 AM
Xptl297 made a chicken checkers not a direct copy of the one from the console, but might do for what you want it for. https://www.simfansuk.com/wp/chicken-checking/

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Alchemist
#23 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Sep 2018 at 11:52 AM.
Oooo, this is the best thread ever! I am on the verge of a building a fairground/carnivale, too. Love it. Thanks for the links, everyone! I would love to see pics or even downloads of all your fairgrounds. Can we share some pics?

Be aware most of these items do contain an NPC so those must never be removed from your download folder or you are deleting a sim. Once it is in your folder and you load a hood, that NPC is added.

Can you all just clarify this warning, please? I'm aware but not really sure to what extent this is... Is it only in the hood that you load it in, or all hoods? Iow, if I delete the download and the hood, is it safely gone? Can the NPC be made a regular sim? Would it be safer to have a different sims2 folder with these so you could switch out the whole thing? It seems like I saw somewhere that you could put these elsewhere, like the characters folder, instead of Downloads so they'd be less likely to be deleted or 50/50 or whatever - did I dream that? And what about when you 50/50 - are you careful to leave them in then, too? Or is the deal, just don't delete them forever and ever?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:12 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Sep 2018 at 11:16 PM.
Oh my, I just downloaded a heap of things from there!

When you load a hood. So you install a piece of cc with an NPC. You then load up your game and click on Pleasantview and it loads up. There on that screen, before you click on a house or on CAS, you have added the new NPC to Pleasantview. if you go back to the menu and load up Strangevile next, you just added the NPC to that hood as well. Same goes for your own custom made or downloaded hoods. Hoods that you don't load do not get the NPC.

I install any NPC mods into a 'Do Not Remove' folder. They are perfectly safe so long as you don't remove them.

Moo suggested the character folder, but I am not sure on that. Was that each hoods character folder (I am only assuming it would be) I know someone posted back about having an issue, but did they place them into each character folder or some other place-again i don't know. This is why I keep mine in the don't remove folder.

If you load up and only load one hood up-eg testing. test and find you don't want it, then yes you can delete the download and the hood. best to do so right away, because if you forget and load up another hood you will have added it to that one as well.

I don't see how this NPC can ever be a regular sim.

I make a full backup before a 50-50 or leave in the Don't remove folder.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:42 PM
I just found some circus walls and roofs for building tents on TSR: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...sess/1536939387

Joeandsarah: I do have that PCSims Shooting Gallery, and I'd love more little booths like that for a fairground! (I have a Whack-a-Mole game and a slot machine as well as a purely decorative Skee-ball game, but I think that's about it.) I searched Google Images for a balloon dartboard, but no such luck. Tons of stuff like that for Sims 1, but no sign that anyone's done any conversions. Thankyou for the pony-ride link at PlumbBobKeep. (Okay, now I'm gonna need THREE fairgrounds for my town, lol.) I tried to make something like that using Beck's horse, but it didn't work too well, ha ha! The horse ran all over the place and wouldn't stay in his corral. And that is good to know about the hidden NPCs and the danger in removing them! Also, what is a 50-50? I've seen the term before and I gather it has something to do with protecting your files, but I have no idea what it is.

I had to register on Mamba City, but I did find that big ferris wheel. Oh, man, this is fantastic! Although I does say that you must have JasanaBugBreeder's ferry wheel in your downloads for his to work. I had Jasana' s ferry wheel, but deleted it when I found a remake with different colors which said I couldn't have both of them, just one, so I deleted Jasana's ferry wheel and got the new one instead. I'll have to see if the new one will work with the big one, or if I have to make a switch.

ekrubynaffit: Wow, I think you just rang the bell!! I think that is the chicken game I had on my old computer. The date on it was 2013, so it's quite possible it's the same one I had. It looks exactly the same, but I don't think I got it from SimFansUK. Oh well, who cares! I'm gonna grab it and test it out. Thankyou!!!

simsample: I never used that scarecrow, so I had no idea it did that! Ha ha! That'll teach me to snub Maxis stuff for CC.

sunrader: I agree, this has turned out to be a great post! Not only did I find my long-lost chicken game, it's spawned a great conversation about fairgrounds and fairground goodies. If I can figure out a way to post pics, I'll do it. I'll have to wait till my son can help me, because I'm an absolute idiot. But I would love to see everyone's pics!
Page 1 of 2