Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:47 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 1st Dec 2018 at 4:28 AM.
Default WCIF Decorative Food Ingredients?
I would love links to other decorative food/ingredients which are used in EAxis and/or CC cookable foods, as I am trying to implement a system for a very rural, isolated 'hood where sims have to purchase both groceries (for the food points to stock the fridge) as well as decorative items to represent the ingredients (which would be stored in the kitchen/pantry) in order to prepare food. This would a) make food shopping more expensive, b) make the choices available more limited and c) give me an easy way of seeing what ingredients a household has in stock when it's time for someone to prepare a meal.

For example, pacatacoplayer made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I have found decorative bread and jam, so I just need decorative peanut butter to have decorative ingredients for the entire meal.....!

I am looking for decorative food/ingredients which "match" the EAxis foods available to cook, as well as CC foods. If objects include text I require it to be in Simlish only, though I will sometimes consider foreign-to-me alphabets for things like, for example, instant ramen, which I can pretend is imported and hence not in Simlish.

Comments, suggestions and links are, as always, much appreciated! :-)

Simlish Decorative Food Ingredients Master List

BiffySims' Simlish Preserves

CurrantPotPie's 8-3 Studio Simlish (Direct Download Link!)

DroolworthySims' Flour & Milk

DroolworthySims' Simlish Baking Goods

LemonLion's 4t2 Cereal Boxes, Cookies & Candy

Limonaire's 4t2 Cookies

Linacherie's 4t2 Simlish Food Clutter

Moocha-Muses' Camp Food

Moocha-Muses' Candy Bags

Moocha-Muses' Honey & Jams

Moocha-Muses' Marshmallows

Moocha-Muses' Meat Products, Vegetarian Products & Ready Meals

Moocha-Muses' 4t2 Simlish Food Clutter

Pixelry's Bread & Cereals

Pixelry's Groceries (May Not (All) Be Simlish?!)

Plumbbobtoggle's Curio Kitchen In Simlish

Sandy's Baby Food

Sandy's Beer

Sandy's Cereal & Tea

Sandy's Coffee, Tea, Juice, Ice Cream & Candy

Sandy's Cookies & Candy

Sandy's Condiments (No Text)

Sandy's Diner

Sandy's Freezer Clutter
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:04 PM
Cat3CMs Grocery Store set over at TSR has peanut butter.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...-set/id/638607/
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:45 PM
GoS' clutter list , kitchen section has a lot of things, naturally, but it's really dated.

Veranka has a few sets with ingredients: Indulgent Bakery ; New Vintage Kitchen has some jars of pasta

and Sun&Moon's stuff, although they're not purely deco. The Apiary, Herbs, To Boldly Grow, and Apple a Day are the ones I'm thinking of specifically. Most of the harvested ingredients can be displayed as deco, though.

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 8:51 PM
@lauratje86 you know you are doing the same thing as I am and that I built my recent supermarket after your bread post?

You might like some of the links in my lot. My other smaller items of which there are tons I will pm you about.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:13 PM Last edited by Isa-WP : 26th Nov 2018 at 2:11 PM.
Default forgot to close URL tag
Okay, I haven't looked at Jo's post but maybe this is still usefull (for others):
MoochaMuses has some more stuff: several 'camp foods', coffee and cereals, pasta, milk, carton of eggs, etc..
Maybe you can slap these textures on an actual can mesh?

Droolworthysims did several baking goods here: http://droolworthysims.tumblr.com/p...ing-as-i-prefer
Maybe a little too old-fashioned, but Delonariel converted bags of ingrediënts here.
Pixelry did several ingredients as well, but their tumblr is suddenly empty? Here's something on GardenofShadows: http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...30581#msg730581
AroundTheSims/Sandy has eggs and some other stuff here: http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj...itchen_004.html (You can look at other pages as well, but I think this one is the most usefull.)
Inzey converted some bags and a carton (with several textures on them): http://droolworthysims.tumblr.com/p...asta-might-come
Stuff by plumbobtoggle, made catalog-only by Selenaq: http://selenaq13.tumblr.com/post/79...ve-clutter-love
Linacherie has miscellaneous grocery stuff: https://linacheries.tumblr.com/post...d-budgie2budgie
Biffysims did several preserves: http://biffysims.tumblr.com/post/16...reserve-jars-as

And also by Inzey, it's not very clear but maybe these contain vegetables? http://digitalperversion.net/garden...15137#msg715137
On this page there's a post with old downloads from BlackPearlsims, sadly these guys are bad at giving credit so I'm not sure who made this. Lots of vegetables.
Limonaire did normal pumpkins here and other vegetables here. NekoSayuri edited them: http://nekosayuri.tumblr.com/post/1...-slots-to-their

I went through the dark annoying depths of Pinterest for this, so this better benefits somebody.
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:10 PM
Something I love having in my game for a touch of added realism is Mari's conversion of Livingdeadgirl's baking ingredients here (in English) for those who prefer that, or here (in Simlish).

And some other Simlish things right here.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:41 AM
Thanks for the extra links. The linacheries one was helpful as I didn't have Nutella and the peanut butter looks better than one I have which was called Jif? IDK lol we have cream cleaner over here called JIF! Not Peanut butter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:51 AM
Thank you all for the links! :-) There really is some lovely Simlish stuff available out there, isn't there!? :-D We have cream cleaner called Jif here too, Jo - I do love Linacheries' stuff, and I had completely forgotten that that set contains peanut butter.

I do wonder where Pixelry has gone, though. They were still active recently.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 2:11 PM
Oops, sorry, forgot to close one of the URL tags, now the post is even more useful!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 9:49 PM
Yes, and it looks like Skippy! An Aussie brand.

@Isa-WP Thank you for going through the dark and frankly scary depth of Pinterest.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 12:06 AM
I've never really thought of doing this before, but after this thread and Jo's, I really want to. Has anyone made a list of ingredients? That'd be nice to have.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I've never really thought of doing this before, but after this thread and Jo's, I really want to. Has anyone made a list of ingredients? That'd be nice to have.

What do you mean by a list of ingredients, exactly? I've been working on something which may be relevant but I'm not entirely sure what you have in mind! :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:59 AM
I had started on a list for my medieval game but hadn't done much more than think about it for my modern game. Bread+ Vegemite =Vegemite sandwiches! *cackles at the Americans* Yes I do have Vegemite sandwiches in my game.

A range of Sun&Moon vegetables = grandma comfort soup.

Carton of Eggs is needed for an omelette, fried eggs, other egg dishes.

What I really need is meats like steak, lamb, mince, bacon and chicken.

Basically, I want my sims to have at least the main ingredients on hand before they can cook things. It was the fish in game that got me thinking about it. To make stuffed trout your sim needs a trout that's been caught, you won't get the option if your sim has no fish/wrong fish. Which got me thinking about other dishes that they can make.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:02 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 28th Nov 2018 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Wrong download links! Ooops!
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What I really need is meats like steak, mince, bacon and chicken.

Moocha-Muses made some, over on Tumblr. They're not all pictured in her (?) upload, but you can see pictures of the TS4 meat items and the TS4 vegan/vegetarian items in the TS4 upload post. I think that Moocha-Muses 4t2 conversion includes all of the recolours.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:03 AM
Thanks laura, yes, things like that. They look a bit processed (definitely no good for my medieval game) but I will grab them for my modern game.

Also I was adding to my post above (yeah I am the edit queen)

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:09 AM
The only potentially-historical buyable meat I've ever come across is the Halal Grocer set from Retail Sims. I assume you have that already, though, Jo?

**ETA** I only have full ingredients list for prehistoric foods, but I do want to get started on my "Alaskan" 'hood's ingredients list..... Though I don't think that many of the EAxis foods will be makeable there as I don't think they'd have access to the right ingredients.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:18 AM
Ugh I replied about the meat on the other thread. So yes I have the meat table but no I haven't tried it in my medieval game as yet.

I have a few medieval hanging meats like rabbit and pheasant probably from plumbob keep. My other meats are what you see in my recent supermarket lot. I have the knife from that set and maybe one hanging sausage in my modern game, but they have labels if you look at the hanging hunk of meat. I need a skeever (which sounds disgusting) for my medieval game as I have a set of Skyrim meals including skeever. Basically, a huge rat-like creature which I could see peasants eating. The Sun&moon traps also have a variety of animals although I steer clear of skunk.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:38 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 27th Nov 2018 at 3:37 AM.
English/non-Simlish labels are the thing that make lots of otherwise lovely CC unusable for me. I have a strict Simlish-only policy in my game now. And a strict seasonal plants-only policy. I'm a lot more relaxed about everything else! :-D

**ETA** Jo, have you seen the deco meat which goes with Raynuss' Kitchen Fireplace set? His blog is down, but you can download the reuploaded files here courtesy of Astarte64 at Sim Pearls. Also, Feenwald made some chops (?) which can be found here and Sunni made a set of raw and cooked decorative meats, including a skeever, which can be found here at PBK.

**ETA** I have started a list of ingredients for EAxis meals, which is attached as an image - I would appreciate feedback from other simmers! :-) I really really really must go to bed now.....
Screenshots
Alchemist
#19 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86

**ETA** I have started a list of ingredients for EAxis meals, which is attached as an image - I would appreciate feedback from other simmers! :-) I really really really must go to bed now.....

This is just what I was thinking. I've never bothered with custom foods and rarely cook anything but the simple EA meals. This is great!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 4:11 AM
So the kitchen fireplace set? No I don't think I had. *grabs* Thanks. All the fresh meat is great! You are good at finding things.

For me it's more plastic look labels which are no good for my medieval game, I'm not too bothered about the type of text in my modern game. PS. I just made some grocery signs in both Simlish and English because I know that Simlish is important to some of you all.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#21 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 4:20 AM
English/non-Simlish labels are the thing that make lots of otherwise lovely CC unusable for me. I have a strict Simlish-only policy in my game now. And a strict seasonal plants-only policy. I'm a lot more relaxed about everything else! :-D

**ETA** Jo, have you seen the deco meat which goes with Raynuss' Kitchen Fireplace set? His blog is down, but you can download the reuploaded files here courtesy of Astarte64 at Sim Pearls. Also, Feenwald made some chops (?) which can be found here and Sunni made a set of raw and cooked decorative meats, including a skeever, which can be found here at PBK.

Can I do a tiny hijack and ask where you are that butter is an ingredient for lunch meat sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs? That's not a thing in the US (at least in my portion - it's a big and varied place). We do have Jif and Skippy, though.

Your list looks good. I might grab it for my own use. On feedback, I'd add butter to the mac and cheese recipe and the pancake recipe. For the berry pie, I'd use berries, flour, sugar and butter.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:33 AM
Probably somewhere in Europe. There's butter you use on sandwiches, mostly to make the ingredients stick to the bread and to add a bit to the taste. There's also butter to bake meat and such in. I wonder when the U.S. stopped using butter on sandwiches to be honest!
Also, I can't believe I completely forgot meats. Probably because they don't look nice as a decoration in a relatively modern kitchen. :p
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:04 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 27th Nov 2018 at 10:28 AM.
Like these?

And there are vegan/vegetarian options too!

Both of these appear to be for TS4. That entire blog appears to be for TS4 stuff.

I did some searching on Pinterest and found the following for TS2. I didn't try any of the links, so I hope they're all still valid.

Meat suitable for a medieval game. This is under Skyrim conversions and the description says it includes skeever.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...?p=29242#p29242

Modern packaged meat such as you'd find in a grocery store
https://2fingerswhiskey.tumblr.com/...meats-4t2-hello

Fresh meat and fish dishes by kativip
http://digitalperversion.net/garden...23746#msg623746

Roast pork dish (modern). You need to be registered and logged in to download it. (Lots of yummy food on this page)
http://www.makemysimsreal.com/t9p50-food-drinks#907

Cheese wheels which would look good in most eras. (I know it's not meat, but they look very nicely done.) These are at the bottom of the page below all the walls and floors:
https://zx-ta.livejournal.com/17785.html#cutid1
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Can I do a tiny hijack and ask where you are that butter is an ingredient for lunch meat sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs? That's not a thing in the US (at least in my portion - it's a big and varied place). We do have Jif and Skippy, though.

Your list looks good. I might grab it for my own use. On feedback, I'd add butter to the mac and cheese recipe and the pancake recipe. For the berry pie, I'd use berries, flour, sugar and butter.

Australia. The US doesn't put butter on sandwiches? Sorry, but yuck.

Ugh, yes it says made with sims 4 studio-better remove those from my download area.

Laura already found the skeever ^ but thanks anyway.

The chicken though yah! Really needed that one for my modern game.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#25 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 12:04 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Nov 2018 at 11:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Australia. The US doesn't put butter on sandwiches? Sorry, but yuck.

My sister came back from France putting mustard and butter on sandwiches (you're right, it's really good), but mustard and/or mayonnaise is more typical here in the U.S. I suspect the Sims are putting mustard, too. That yellow jar looks like a typical mustard brand here (ironically, it's called French's). And, yeah, here, Jif is a really common brand of peanut butter along with Skippy and Peter Pan.
Page 1 of 2