Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#3826 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noeh
I'm currently putting together a hybrid hood that contains a mixture of characters and locations from The Sims 1(PC) and The Sims Bustin' Out(console). It's actually been a pretty fun project so far, and I can't wait to play around with these characters once it's done.

@Noeh
I created several Sims based on The Sims Bustin' Out for my game, not all of them as yet, but I am planning on adding them all some time later. So far I have Dudley Landgraab, Mimi Landgraab, Paisley Rainbow, Randy Hart, Max Toane, Goldie Toane, Bing Bling, Mona Lott, Vaugh Braun, and Makino Nada in my game.

I was playing some of my Greek Houses at Académie Le Tour, but I was running a little low on student Playables so I decided to go to my Pleasntview subhood for a bit and I am playing the Martin House there with Angela Martin neé Pleasant and several others. Daphne O'Nial also lives there and she invited her grandfather Rhy Delarosa to move in. Angela had a child by Jacob Martin and then later she got pregnant by Rhys Delarosa {an elderly Alien of mine and one of the founders of the FitzHugh Alien clan} and she gave birth to twins that cheesecake did its thing {using cheesecake mod to make it 50%}. Then before Rhys Delararosa died he got one last Sim preganant May Treadwell...wife of Don Treadwell {based on The Sims 2 Console}. Rhys had 14 children before he died, not sure if May will have twins or not yet.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3827 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Noeh
I created several Sims based on The Sims Bustin' Out for my game, not all of them as yet, but I am planning on adding them all some time later. So far I have Dudley Landgraab, Mimi Landgraab, Paisley Rainbow, Randy Hart, Max Toane, Goldie Toane, Bing Bling, Mona Lott, Vaugh Braun, and Makino Nada in my game.

I was playing some of my Greek Houses at Académie Le Tour, but I was running a little low on student Playables so I decided to go to my Pleasntview subhood for a bit and I am playing the Martin House there with Angela Martin neé Pleasant and several others. Daphne O'Nial also lives there and she invited her grandfather Rhy Delarosa to move in. Angela had a child by Jacob Martin and then later she got pregnant by Rhys Delarosa {an elderly Alien of mine and one of the founders of the FitzHugh Alien clan} and she gave birth to twins that cheesecake did its thing {using cheesecake mod to make it 50%}. Then before Rhys Delararosa died he got one last Sim preganant May Treadwell...wife of Don Treadwell {based on The Sims 2 Console}. Rhys had 14 children before he died, not sure if May will have twins or not yet.

https://i.imgur.com/c6WAigm.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/BIF59Ud.jpg?1

So far I've made Mimi & Mom Landgraab. The locations I've made have been a mix of stuff I've made myself and recreations I've found here on MTS.
Lab Assistant
#3828 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM Last edited by MasterRed : 20th Dec 2018 at 6:24 PM.
I started a Megahood and Loki just got alien pregnant. I’m scared about what the sprog will look like...

Update: He had twin boys. I’m very scared. Partially because that means they’ll be FOUR babies in the house. Why me...

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Lab Assistant
#3829 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:14 PM
I could throw my computer across a room right now. I placed one of the smaller premade dorms in La Fiesta Tech. Jason Greenman was residing there when I placed it, which is obviously not supposed to happen. I went into Riverblossom Hills and none of the lots are visible. The other subhoods are still playable. I could probably get away with playing this hood, but I feel like it'll only become more corrupt. Ugh. I was so excited about this hood too.
Theorist
#3830 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
I could throw my computer across a room right now. I placed one of the smaller premade dorms in La Fiesta Tech. Jason Greenman was residing there when I placed it, which is obviously not supposed to happen. I went into Riverblossom Hills and none of the lots are visible. The other subhoods are still playable. I could probably get away with playing this hood, but I feel like it'll only become more corrupt. Ugh. I was so excited about this hood too.

Wait...do you mean you put the dorm with Jason Green inside in the family bin and then moved it into La Fiesta Tech from another college?

If so; yeah the neighbourhood is toast

But learn for the future; never move an inhabited lot into the lot bin.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3831 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:46 PM
For a break from my modern hood, I've turned to my medieval one-and it's progressing nicely. Half of the town is engaged-the other half is wishing they could get engaged, or at least into a relationship.

We'll worry about babies, and larger houses in a few more years. Everyone (well, most of them) are going to live a very long life, so they've got time to develop their lives.

Besides, it's prettier and simpler in Farnham.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#3832 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Wait...do you mean you put the dorm with Jason Green inside in the family bin and then moved it into La Fiesta Tech from another college?

If so; yeah the neighbourhood is toast

But learn for the future; never move an inhabited lot into the lot bin.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

No, I placed down a premade dorm from the lot bin and as soon as I did, it was occupied by Jason. Zero idea how that would even happen.
Scholar
#3833 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:48 PM
What happened so far in Week 1/2 of Strangetown in my new version of my Uberhood in order of my rotation:

Theorist
#3834 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 5:18 PM
The aliens finally realized that they need an adult male to put their larvae into. Castor Nova will have a green baby next rotation. Let's see what his wife Katrina will say to that...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#3835 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 6:34 PM
Oof, been sick the last few days and my previous attempt at a write-up got tossed into the void when clumsy fingers caused my browser to close! I've just finished up the final three households of the hood rotation. The Newson kids live just down the street from Cozy Square. Although they have a nice if slightly undersized house, their cash on hand has been pretty limited. The first couple of weeks were pretty rough for Ginger and Gavin, what with having to take care of the kids, teaching the twins, and looking after themselves and the house. Gavin, in particular, had a difficult time of it. And unfortunately, he ended up learning a hard lesson about giving in to a bad mood. One morning, in a fit of pique, he refused to go to school. Instead, he stayed home with the twins and the nanny that they had hired. The school didn't look kindly on his playing hooky and docked him a whole grade. He soon found the result of that locked him out of the job he so desperately wanted. And they very much needed the money. With the nanny, the bills, and groceries, what little reserve they had was steadily draining. The only avenue open to him was to write articles to submit to the newspaper, but it was a lot of work and his inexperience meant he earned only a little money for each.

Ginger, however, really stepped up to the plate. She didn't have nearly the amount of trouble Gavin had in keeping her needs up, even though she worked just as hard. Likely because she had no issue with flopping in front of the tv for a few stolen moments of peace and fun. Something which Gavin almost always groaned and complained about if it was suggested to him. But they didn't have money for any additional outdoor equipment nor did he get much of a chance to step out of the house. Once the twins had gotten all their toddler skills taught and aged up to children, Ginger wanted to get a job. As she had not only kept her grades steady, but actually managed to increase them, she soon landed one. Her interest in movies and television led her to take a job in the Entertainment career. This provided the kick in the pants Gavin seemed to need to buckle down and get his own grades back in order. Soon he, too, managed to get a job in the Business track.

Gabriella aged up to a Knowledge teen before Garrett and Georgia aged to children, though not by much. She helped out by writing an article or two herself. But like her older siblings, she was soon wanting a job and took a position in Journalism. With the three working jobs, the money situation had finally truly stabilized. They didn't have the money to get into private school, much as Gavin and Gabriella wanted it, though not having to worry about paying bills took a lot of pressure off their shoulders. They did need the nanny to continue watching Gallagher, Garrett, and Georgia, but now it was only while the others were at work. By the end of the third week, Gallagher aged up to teen and took the Romance aspiration, while Gavin graduated and is now waiting to begin college on the first of winter.

On a more personal level, the only really notable thing was Ginger's hasty decision to woohoo with David Ottomas when he invited her home from school. I think it was most likely due to the chaos both were dealing with in their homelives at the time. Gallagher is also going to have a tough road ahead as the known gay and bisexual men of the hood are elders. Not exactly appropriate options for a teen! Hopefully he'll be able to find someone his own age.

-

Over near the lake is the richest district of the town. Here Faith and Herbert Goodie built The Good Home, a place for elders to live together in a nice homelike environment. Much like the Newson house, it's just a bit small for the number of residents but is big enough that it feels cozy rather than cramped. With two double bedrooms, one double single, and two singles, there's enough space for the eight that live there. The dining table only sits six and the living room only sits four, but it's rare that they're all in one place or all eating at the same time, though sometimes the table gets commandeered for a massive gab session. There is a pool, a garden, a fruit tree, a couple of fruit bushes, a telescope, a couple of easels, a chess table, and they added a hot tub in the last week. There used to be wild bees, with the idea they might start their own kept hive, but no one had the skills to deal with them so they've been removed for now. The household started off with Faith and Herbert Goodie, Christian Love, Makoto St. Julien, Leo Wilkie, Christa Hsu, Nikki Zhang, and Sara McCarthy. As mentioned in a previous post, Leo married and moved out part way through the three weeks. Ethan Barrett took over the vacancy.

It would take a loooong post to go over everything that's happened, if I could even remember it all! It's quite the hotbed of activity there, what with the romantic entanglements and such. Almost everyone, upon move in, wanted to get a job. Which was something Faith and Herbert encouraged, not just for the sake of keeping up the household budget but for the sake of keeping everyone active. Most work during the day, with a couple having hours that stretch into the evening. Whoever is home is usually responsible for cleaning and fixing anything that needs it. Everyone has their own cellphone, as having so many residents meant the landline kept ringing off the hook and getting taken up with constant calls. This way, no one misses a call unless they're at work and have the freedom of calling their outside friends without waiting on someone else.

The relationships among the residents are very... complicated! Christian has his lovers including housemates Nikki, Makoto, and with Ethan likely soon to join. I believe he had an outside lover or two as well. Makoto is also involved with Ethan, with the two sharing the double single. I think Ethan and Nikki are also lovers. Or is that Ethan and Sarah? I know there's a third in there somewhere! Christian tends to get swooned over by visitors and people on the street when he's out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he racked up a few more conquests before his time comes. Nikki, as noted previously, has also gotten involved with Sanjay Ramaswami, though they have yet to woohoo. Christa Hsu fell for Troy Go and may invite him over again sometime. Faith and Herbert have remained faithful to each other and don't seem interested in straying, though they also don't seem to have any issues with all the swapping going on!

Sarah McCarthy brought an extra bit of drama to the house with her feud with Samantha Ottomas. Faith brought Samantha home one day from work and, in the bustle of the full house, she got a bit lost in the shuffle. When I finally caught up to her, she and Sarah had started getting into it, having annoyed each other enough to get to poking and shoving. A little intervention kept it from getting worse. That time. Unfortunately, Faith kept bringing Samantha home after that! It didn't take long for the two to actually come to blows and consider each other an enemy. Now, they can't stand to be around each other.

It seems, sadly, that some of the residents might be coming to the end of their lives. Maybe. Possibly. It's honestly a bit difficult to tell, as the game seems a bit confused on how old they are and who is owed what amount of days. Life bars keep jumping from barely touched to almost run out. If the filled up bars are the most accurate, then it seems Christa and Sarah may be the first to go.

-

This post has gone on long enough, so I think I'll save the Travellers for later.
Instructor
#3836 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 9:23 PM Last edited by Eronel : 22nd Dec 2018 at 10:13 PM.
Yiiikes, Brandi just got married to Darren and is in her 3rd trimester with his child. So many Sims in one house was stressing me out so I turned off free will and had them all go rake leaves to clean up the yard. I was burning them all and was on the second to last leaf pile when Darren went up in flames and no one was quick enough to save him. Brandi has the worst case of deja vu right now.
Mad Poster
#3837 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 8:39 PM
I just got a second-generation alien with the alien skin tone, which I didn't think was possible. Cool!
Inventor
#3838 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 9:40 PM
The last household in the hood rotation is the Traveller clan. Unfortunately for them, I don't want to add any vacation subhoods just yet, so no running around the world for them. Instead, they inhabit the largest, most expensive lot available. It has a prime view of the lake and plenty of space for everyone to do as they wish. Trent took a job in the Adventurer career, leading to a friendship with Nathan Gavigan (as often happens when I play them). Trisha, if I recall correctly, took a job in Law. I thought they might want to have more children but like Priya and Sanjay have not shown any such inclinations. This has led to a couple of rooms sitting empty, though I expect if Tina marries she'll remain in the house and it will be useful space for future grandkids (if any). Trent has been working diligently to climb the ranks, filling out the large rec room with skilling items for both himself and his family. It's a bit hodge-podge at the moment but it does the job.

During the whole second week of play, Trent was ill with flu. He took lots of bubble baths and spent more time sitting or lying down than I think he spent on his feet. Yet he refused to get better! Tina managed to dodge catching it and I thought Trisha had as well. I never got a pop-up on her. I found out differently when she got invited to one of the Ramaswami parties and spent much of the time running to the bathroom. I worried about Trent especially, as he was sick for so long. As mentioned elsewhere, he did finally manage to shake it during a visit to the Gavigan house though he infected Isiah just before. Trisha passed hers on to Priya though managed to recover faster than her husband had. Tina has made a few friends among the hood kids, bringing them home occasionally.

Aside from the flu that hung on so long, they were a relatively quiet household. During the third week, Tina aged up to teen and went with Popularity. She's one of the few I've fiddled with in terms of traits, as it made little sense that her pre-determined hobby is sports and she's become obsessed with the soccer net but had zero interest in sports. She's also one of the few kids that I have a fair idea of where she'll be heading in life. I'm thinking a sports career!

-

I've already started the next week's rotations, though since they're much shorter than what I've been writing about they won't take up quite so much space.

The main Ottomas family remains a complete dumpster fire. The house can't be added onto without some serious reworking of the interior layout, so they've moved a ratty old trailer into the large backyard. It's been slightly redone so that all that's in it are three bedrooms and a bathroom. Sharla has moved out to it and Tommy will likely soon follow. The triplets aged up to toddlers and Samantha and Peter remain only somewhat interested in their younger children. Terri is the only one getting much attention from them. Cribs have been completely abandoned in favor of throwing blankets onto the floor that they can nap on. Sharla has been trying to get at least a few of her youngest siblings potty trained, though Samantha I believe managed to get one done. So many of them are running around in red aspirations, which led to a lot of toilet play and splashing in questionable puddles. The nanny completely broke once or twice, actually falling asleep in the downstairs bathroom instead of leaving and peeing herself a couple of times. She doesn't seem to know what to do with all these kids! Dora aged up to child without learning to walk though seems relatively unharmed by the experience. Her younger siblings may not be so lucky. A maid was also hired as the house was such a wreck with no one having time or inclination to clean.

-

Cyd Roseland had a more subdued turn, though that's not to say nothing happened to him! He worked hard to get promoted to Cat Burglar by the end of his week. He also tried to hand off that $8000 tv that Ryan gifted him. Though several people stopped by to check it all, they all ended up excusing themselves as 'only browsing'. He simply lived in too poor a part of town to be trying to personally sell that sort of thing. Instead, he managed to recover a little pride by selling off plates of food he had apparently gotten from Julien's shop. The tv he had to risk fencing through his criminal contacts. With that done, he nearly doubled his household cash. Maybe he'll consider moving elsewhere soon. His friend Kaylynn dropped by for a short visit, though he had to head off to work that evening. On Saturday, he decided to head off to The Green Stripe for a bit. He tried to get in on a game of poker, but no one wanted to join his table. After a while, he gave it up and wandered over to the salon, where he chatted up a few of the workers. He decided he might see what they could do for him. A decision he soon came to regret! The first guy left him looking like a clown (and he had two tries to get it right) and the second guy did such a poor job on the haircut that Cyd ended up bald. Rather than risk any more, he headed on home, though once he scrubbed the makeup off he had to admit... the baldness combined with his new stubble growth didn't look half bad!
Top Secret Researcher
#3839 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I just got a second-generation alien with the alien skin tone, which I didn't think was possible. Cool!

I have one Alien Hybrid Sim that was born with green skin and neither of their regular Sim parents has green skin, though both have Alien Hybrids in their Ancestory. I was very please when this happened, it was what I was hoping for. I have a game with a very large amount of Aliens and Alien Hybrids. I created a lot of Aliens in CAS. Also I am playing Sedona which can add even more Aliens.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#3840 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 12:57 AM
I can name almost all of the LGU dormies after doing it twice in two days in SimPE. Except for Gene Pool and Clovis Point. They still look exactly like each other. What am I keying in on here? It's not skin tone . . . it must be short blond hair?

Anyway, I think I can play. Maybe. We'll see how this loads up now.

#Perfectionist

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3841 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 2:15 AM
They also both have high, hooked noses. But Clovis's eyes are green and Gene's eyes are blue, and if you haven't made them over yet Gene wears a Western shirt and Clovis a tank top; and Clovis has a hairstyle that's ruffled up while Gene has one that's slicked down.

I've got David Ottomas on a walk around campus, preparatory to his grad party, moving back to Strangetown, and marrying Tank. He really ought to stay longer, because there's zero room at the General's house; but he doesn't seem to be up for it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3842 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 5:21 AM
IT'S A GIRL!!!

At last, after a long string of boys in Riverblossom Hills, a baby girl has been born. Her name is Alice Roseland and she's the daughter of Cyd Roseland and the former Mary Gavigan.
Instructor
#3843 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:57 AM
I'm finally ready to start the rotation gameplay for the next generation!
It's weird that, with the degree, some of them get to the top of their carreer after 3 or 4 promotions but at least I can start to have them having babies (I hope there won't be any twins, this time - there's room just for one couplet!).
So curious to see how the ultimate heir (descendant of all the Pleasantview original families) would look like, but that's at least in 4 generations, lol.
Mad Poster
#3844 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 10:23 AM
Me: Ok, let's play Medieval Farnham, be completely bored.
Game: So you want to play a game?
Me (2 rotations later): good god almighty, I can't keep track of who's doing what to whom! Will you guys just stop this!
Game: We warned you...

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Scholar
#3845 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 7:22 AM
Toddler Tom Lari got shut in the refrigerator. Partly, anyway. Tarek was trying to get some food, Tom was getting in his way; Tarek finally managed to get what he wanted while Tom appeared to be sitting on the bottom shelf, then he shut the fridge door with Tom's upper body still in there! Ouch!
Mad Poster
#3846 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:21 AM
Speaking of Farnham, there is now one warlock in town. Peter Gerard, being a curious and intelligent person, somehow came across a telescope. Both times he was immediately abducted, much to the horror of anyone present at his house at the time.
The first time he returned unscathed-not pregnant, either, as he had been led to believe by the old man who sold him the telescope. The second time he returned having been transformed into a warlock equipped with a spell book and cauldron.
Totally delighted with this, he itched to use it immediately, but his girlfriend demurred, saying "It's late, dear. Let's just go to bed and you can play with your new toys tomorrow." She was personally horrified by the prospect of having a genuine warlock as a love interest and vowed to cure him as quickly as possible before Lord Fitzwilliam heard of it.
Alas, though-the news of his abduction and transformation had already spread by then. She hoped she could save him before the authorities took him away. Being charged with witchcraft was a crime punishable by death-and it did not help that he was not friendlier with Lord Fitzwilliam, who had the final say in all matters.

Scholar
#3847 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 6:16 PM
Oh dear. Phil Collensworth is seriously not good parent material. He'd read a book that said children should be trained to a schedule, rather than being fed and pottied on demand, so he tried to do that. He fed Maria while he had his first course, and Alexander while he had his dessert. He took them to the potty after he'd cleaned up in the kitchen. If they were asleep, they just missed the meal or potty, and went hungry or dirty until the next meal time. He cleaned them up before putting them in the high chair, so he figured it was okay.

But then he fed Maria just before bedtime, and once out of the high chair, instead of taking herself off to her mat, she decided to go out on the front steps. He went to get her, but she refused repeatedly to be picked up and finally went to sleep out there. So Phil, being tired himself, went off to bed, thinking Maria would wake up and come inside to her mat when she was ready. He'd forgotten there were wolves in the canyon . . .

So poor Maria Collensworth is the second alien toddler to have been taken by wolves. Meanwhile, Alexander was near rock bottom for all his needs (I have a no-social worker mod). Phil's mother arrived to console him about Maria, and was horrified to see the state Alexander was in, so she's staying until the little fellow outgrows his diapers. At the moment, he looks 'normal,' so if he grows up to child without any alien features, they'll be able to move to Belladonna Cove.

(Don't worry about Maria. No way could I kill a toddler, so like Marion Atkins she was put up for adoption via the SimBlender and will return under another name as a refugee once Strangetown and La Fiesta Tech are added.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3848 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Oh dear. Phil Collensworth is seriously not good parent material. He'd read a book that said children should be trained to a schedule, rather than being fed and pottied on demand, so he tried to do that. He fed Maria while he had his first course, and Alexander while he had his dessert. He took them to the potty after he'd cleaned up in the kitchen. If they were asleep, they just missed the meal or potty, and went hungry or dirty until the next meal time. He cleaned them up before putting them in the high chair, so he figured it was okay.

But then he fed Maria just before bedtime, and once out of the high chair, instead of taking herself off to her mat, she decided to go out on the front steps. He went to get her, but she refused repeatedly to be picked up and finally went to sleep out there. So Phil, being tired himself, went off to bed, thinking Maria would wake up and come inside to her mat when she was ready. He'd forgotten there were wolves in the canyon . . .

So poor Maria Collensworth is the second alien toddler to have been taken by wolves. Meanwhile, Alexander was near rock bottom for all his needs (I have a no-social worker mod). Phil's mother arrived to console him about Maria, and was horrified to see the state Alexander was in, so she's staying until the little fellow outgrows his diapers. At the moment, he looks 'normal,' so if he grows up to child without any alien features, they'll be able to move to Belladonna Cove.

(Don't worry about Maria. No way could I kill a toddler, so like Marion Atkins she was put up for adoption via the SimBlender and will return under another name as a refugee once Strangetown and La Fiesta Tech are added.)

I think it is odd that the Collensworth Family out of all of the Families in Sedona seems to have one baby that is not Alien looking and one that is Alien looking. In Sedona in my game the non-Alien looking toddler was put up for adoption via Sim Blender.

Mad Poster
#3849 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 11:13 PM
DJ and Guy Wrightley got married. All was going well till Chloe Curious crashed the party and attempted to flirt with Guy. He rejected her, but DJ's doubts have returned in full force.
Roof got raised, though, so it's not all bad!
Ripp moved into the Specter household and quickly made friends with Nervous's husband, Toby, while Ophelia was at work. Ophelia returned home with Zoe Zimmerman, unaware that Ripp (presumably confused by the close resemblance between the two women) and she had a little bit of a Thing. After a quick shower, Ophelia called the wedding party. Ripp, after all, has no particular reason to be attached to the name "Grunt," and Ophelia is the last Nigmos. Zoe managed to contain her jealousy when Ripp kissed the bride, and bride and groom went around the smustling mob hugging, family kissing, gesturing, and introducing. Nervous could only take so much and went out to stargaze after awhile. The General and his wife Kristen showed up, and he and Ripp are out of the negatives, and that was hardly awkward at all.

And now Ripp and Ophelia have taken off on their honeymoon to the Burning Robot Festival! Gunnar Roque has also persuaded Lola Curious-Smith to accompany him there, while the Travellers (being hippies) have gone as a matter of course, and Jessie Pilferson and her roommates Sarah Love and Theodor the ex-streaker have also closed the beauty parlor and taken off. Sarah, who has given up on Matthew Hart but wants a baby anyway, has An Agenda, and is likely to fulfill it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#3850 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 6:52 PM
I really ought not to post when sick, as I forgot the funniest bit of the Ottomas turn. Sharla attempted to sneak out with one of her friends, Isiah Gavigan I think, and got caught on the way out. Normally, I'm a bit lenient with the teens and don't specifically set them up to be caught by their parents. Not unless I feel the parents would notice or they would normally be awake at that time. However, in the chaos of the household, I lost track of time. I didn't realize it was sneak out time until I saw Samantha run through the house and got the "Where do you think you're going?" pop-up in the corner. Poor Sharla, I thought, but I was still focused on something else. Then I noticed after a moment that Samantha was still yelling at Sharla! I kept getting pop-ups on my screen to the tune of "What were you thinking going out at this time of night" and "Do you think I'm joking? Go to bed right now!" I turned my attention to the two to find Sharla straight up ignoring her mom while building a snowman Samantha lost the battle of wills, as she gave up and left before Sharla finished!

-

An additional note for Cyd Roseland was that he booty called Ryan Wheeler and the two are now properly in love.

-

David Ottomas had a fairly uneventful week. He managed to pass his finals, so he's a Junior now. I declined to change his Aspiration and the registrar shifted him off into the Philosophy Major. He keeps wanting to get a roommate, though he has no room! There's only the one double bed and the place is a small studio with a kitchenette. Also, when he searched the ads, he only found unemployed people. He invited over a friend, a bartender from The Green Stripe, but didn't have the option to propose she move in or become a roommate. I suppose he'll have to make do. In spite of his fears, he's not in any danger of not having money to pay the rent or bills, unless he decides to spend it all while uncontrolled.

-

Over at the Gavigan house, things went on a-pace. Isiah had become the darling of three girls, likely because he's the only straight teen boy at the moment! Well, aside from the cashiers... Maybe I should get those girls out more. At the start of the week, he had romantic relationships with Sharla Ottomas, Tina Traveller, and Gabriella Newson (all initiated by them, even). He kept trying to bring Sharla and Tina home from school, though those requests were mostly denied. Tina might have gotten to actually come once. On Saturday, he threw a party, to which he invited the girls as well as his younger friends. He rolled a fear of being rejected to go steady with Tina, though didn't have a corresponding want to ask. It surprised me a little that he would have considered it even that much, given that he had known Sharla longer, he had shared his very first kiss with her, and they had two bolts while he only had one with Tina. And yet the boy surprised me even more by keeping the fear and rolling the actual want the next day. He invited over Tina, who asked if she could bring a friend along. Out of curiosity who it would be, I allowed it. Who should she bring but Sharla! Still, Isiah had made his choice. He asked Tina to go steady and she accepted. Sharla did try some romantic actions, which he rejected. Since they're all friends and there's no official "let's just be friends" option, I had the two chat to see how it went. As it went very well, while including some icons on friendship, I interpreted the exchange as Isiah saying he wanted to remain friends but not pursue anything romantic with her any longer and Sharla taking it as well as one could. (To help them out, I used ACR to have Isiah friendzone Sharla and removed their crush/love tags, so Sharla won't be driven to ruin their friendship.) Afterward, Sharla and Tina had a talk as well and there doesn't seem to be any hard feelings. We'll see how things play out from there.

As for the rest of the family, they had their own achievements. I believe both Ruth and Thomas managed to get A+ report cards. They also brought a couple of friends home from school. Nathan got promoted to Dread Pirate. Mary has started showing some inclinations of wanting to do more. She wanted to earn money, though didn't have a job want of any kind. So she wrote an article on cooking for the newspaper. They also got a new car and stove, and a new grill for the upcoming spring and summer seasons.
Page 154 of 349