Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:24 PM
Default seeking help to make a mesh/skin need help locating something
i cant seem to find a sim mesh for any age in the sims4studio, and all the tutorials on s4pe make it a package editior not a makeing mods tool, which is weird becase i remember sim pe for sims 2 to work for makeing stuff like skins and meshs. please help an old fart find the skins and i promise all of you i will try and make furry sims a possibility. i know a lot of the people in the community want that.
Yours
Manimarco the king of worms.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 11:02 PM
In Studio you should be able to export any mesh you want by cloning a clothing item and exporting the mesh to Blender. For furry sims you probably want to do a skin tone, which is a different thing. The tool for cloning skin tones and exporting/importing the textures is TS4 Skininator: http://modthesims.info/d/568474

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:26 PM
the problem is i need the sim mesh to do a muzzle and tail and such, the skin tone is good for the body but wont do ears muzzle etc. the mesh would, or have they changed how modding works since sims 2 that dramatically
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:04 PM
As I said you should be able to export meshes to Blender from Sims 4 Studio, if not please be more specific about what problem you're running into using it. A muzzle and ears could be done as a mask, using either the head or a mask that has a mesh (I'm not sure offhand if there are any). They could also be done as accessories. If you prefer to use Milkshape 3D you can use CAS Tools to export a head or mask mesh to start with.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 7:30 PM
ok, ill try to explain a little more clearly, i last moded sims 2, i use blender daily but i remember having to dig in the files to grab the barbie skin mesh for child thru elder and the uvs, my son says studio can get clothing but he cant find a skin, is there no way to just get the skin like in sims two? do i have to modify based off clothes if so how do they smut peddlers handle it? im kinda old so its been a while. ill see what i can do with the clothes in the meantime
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:43 PM
In Studio you just have to export the nude top and bottom for the meshes of the body. Maybe we're having a problem of terminology - a skin is the image laid on the mesh to give the appearance of skin. The nude meshes aren't normally called skin.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:33 PM
ok, i think the problem is that you dont understand that i cant find the nude top and bottom ive dug through every peice of clothing in the game and cant find one, do i have to use the orange underware you get when you strip? or am i missing the barbie nudes?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 12:20 AM
Here's a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5kriHz8GQ
I believe they display in the preview with an underwear texture, so maybe that's confusing you.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:01 AM
thank you i had accidently searched for somthing in all ages and genders but i found it when i was more specific with my catogories