Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:20 PM
Default okay, but why? (these arms!)

the coat. the arms. look at them. why? why is that happening?

okay, so what I did was frakenmesh the villain outfit with the scientist coat. I only needed it to be a solid color with no shading, so it didn't need to be perfect, but.... then I open the game and... his arms are... THAT. it's actually really funny when I choose a walk for him, like "bouncy." so I went back into blender and checked all of the weight data or whatever it's called, making sure the vertices were assigned to the right part on the rig... well, they were. so I have NO idea what could possibly be causing this! is it so much to ask for things to work right the first time??? XD
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:11 AM
LOL, yes, it's definitely too much to ask!

I see two issues. The solid black may be missing vertex normals. Did you export from Blender to .obj, and if so did you check the option to save normals? As for the arms, they are most likely caused by missing slot ray adjustment data - mesh data that controls arm placement. If you're using S4S there's a way to fix it that I don't really remember, but it may just be exporting and importing the mesh a time or two. If you're using CAS Tools or want to try it, there's a function to fix slot rays. I've recently fixed some bugginess with using that on full body meshes so wait until I upload the new version, probably tomorrow morning, or if you upload your package here I'll try fixing it for you.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 12:38 AM
I didn't export the blend file to obj. I'm still not, uh... very good at blender, so I never know what to do if I need to fill a face, except of course to click "fill" under the "faces" menu. then it gets all wonky. all I asked for on this is solid texture! I think I know how I can fix this one, but I have no idea how to ACTUALLY fix it for clothing that has detail.

anyway, as for the arms... uh, what? XD I think it'd be easier if I just go ahead and send you the package. I swear, I'm not dumb, I'm just a novice. XD

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgQXX0uPT_EWwO_j_
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:15 PM
I don't use Blender, but I think 'fill faces' fills in holes in the mesh and wouldn't affect the color.

Oddly, I didn't get the blackness in my game with your package. Maybe different settings, or maybe you fixed it already?

I've attached the package with the slotray/arms fixed, also I fixed the missing specular and bumpmap which can also cause problems with appearance in some circumstances.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  greymancoatfixed.zip (440.9 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I don't use Blender, but I think 'fill faces' fills in holes in the mesh and wouldn't affect the color.

Oddly, I didn't get the blackness in my game with your package. Maybe different settings, or maybe you fixed it already?

I've attached the package with the slotray/arms fixed, also I fixed the missing specular and bumpmap which can also cause problems with appearance in some circumstances.

thanks for fixing it for me, I haven't checked in-game yet because I'm on TSR finding CC to download. I actually purposefully made the normal and specular maps blank because the normals would have conflicted with the design of the coat. I made the specular blank to see if those faces would show up normally, because they were shiny in-game, but that actually did not fix it. last time I checked, all of my settings for graphics are on high, laptop mode disabled, etc. i'll have to double check.

still, thanks a bunch, I GREATLY appreciate it. er... while I have you, would you mind if I PMed you to get a little help on another issue I'm having with an accessory? I mean, I don't want to take up your time or anything, but it's been IMPOSSIBLE to find someone to help me with this.

EDIT: OH! I forgot to say that that "blackness," which I assume you meant the black vertical line, is supposed to be there. I think it just looks weird in the screenshot, but it's the seam on the coat flap. I can see in your screenshot that the wonky faces are still there, but again, I THINK I can fix it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:21 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 29th Jun 2017 at 3:27 PM.
I meant the black face and hands, or was that on purpose?

The specular and bumpmap were missing and I put in blank ones. IMO it's just better not to have them missing, because that can cause other clothing's spec and bump to affect your clothing's and can sometimes cause weird lighting issues. Probably doesn't make much if any difference with a full body outfit but IMO it's still better to have blanks.

Sure, you can pm me if it's something you don't want to discuss in the forum.

Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 10:11 PM
ah! where did my reply go??
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:40 PM
I started a new thread with it in this forum, called "Shading on accessory". It's best to to discuss one problem per thread, so anyone looking for help with the same problem can find it more easily.