Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:12 AM
Default Tester with demo for non default replacement CC gallery upload please? :)
Granthes and I have been working on non default replacement recolors in the TS4 demo today. (Well, HE did all the work, and I tested stuff )

We managed to upload a sim wearing a test recolor to the gallery:

Hasn't had any downloads; we're interested to know what happens if somebody who doesn't have the mod downloads that sim into their game.

Can anybody with a (legit, registered) copy of the demo with gallery access try downloading that and post what you see? The recolor is based on the purple wrap top she's wearing.

Caution: this is unlikely to break your game permanently, but it might crash it (unlikely but possible). Worst eventuality is you'd have to reinstall.

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:47 AM
This is what I saw when viewing the sim on the gallery:

The preview after adding it to my library:

When editing in CAS:

Didn't break my game, though I didn't try editing the sim. Hope that helps.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:49 AM
Nice! thanks for that

So custom content you don't own doesn't break anything, but just disappears.

Sorry you had the shock of viewing an (almost) topless Sim
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:11 AM
No worries I do like that you can see the missing content in the library, before (I guess) adding it to a game.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:17 AM
That should calm the people worried about CC getting in their downloads. Should there be a link copied on the descriptions to find the package if a downloader wants it? I would like that better.

Wait? Can we put a link in the sim household descriptions? I should go test it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:21 AM
This is like the emperor's new clothes .

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:19 AM
Why are there a bunch of colored lines going through the sim?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:26 AM
Cos easily-visible scribbles are an easy way to test whether a thing is working or not.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:59 AM
Excellent! So when can the Sims 4 section of MTS open?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:06 PM
This is very cool. So does the UI show the template as well or is it still invisible? I'm guessing not?