Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 12:02 PM
Replies: 16020 (Who?), Viewed: 848180 times.
Page 641 of 641
Lab Assistant
#16001 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsnack
Hey fam I have a question- I want my sims to adopt a child for story purposes but it's outside the parameters of how many children can be raised in the household. (I have a time limit on the adoption otherwise I won't be able to tie up a thread in the story, basically). I don't want to cheat, but I do want a resolution for the family so there's not a 'bad end'.

I'm thinking there are only two options that still respect the rules (Where children have to be raised in the house to count); I can create a adoption-type of facility that the family owns where that child will sleep and I won't play them but they'll be around for family milestones or to tell the story of the adoption to lengthen the process, or to move the kid into the active family and then immediately send them to boarding school where they can come back for holidays or something.

Thoughts?

Eeeehhhhh I have to agree with everyone else. Story is more important than rules. If it really bothers you, send the kid off to boarding school. I've been pretty flexible in my own game with the child roll because I'd rather enjoy playing my game than have to stick to something that will make me unhappy with my game. Just me 2 cents.

I have an update! Chapter 3.17: My Heart is Yours

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Field Researcher
#16002 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:27 PM
A Silverly update!

1.23 It's My Party...
Forum Resident
#16003 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:01 AM
I have a new update, Chapter 4.14
Field Researcher
#16004 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:43 AM
1.2 - Party
New chapter! I have the pictures for two more chapters, though I need to get the pictures for the next chapter. I'm going to try something different. It won't work for the next generation, but I think it's neat for the first one.

The Riddle Family - Random Legacy

Circle of Life - Random Legacy

My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#16005 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 10:00 AM
Anyone here still remember Katerchen? The black and white male founder cat of my old Koyangi legacy? He's lost. The real life him, not the sims version. It's been 4 and a half days and I'm absolutely devastated. I put a cardboard box with his blanket, his favourite shirt of mine, food, and water outside. I sprinkled some soiled litter of his around to help him find his own scent. I have posters all over the neighborhood. I asked neighbors if they saw him and got many hints, unfortunately there is another very similar looking cat in the neighborhood who they have most likely seen. I check every block's cellar, I sit outside at nights (when it's quiet and he is more likely to come out), call and sing. But so far nothing...
He's been an indoors cat for 8 years... I don't know if he can find his way back home alone. I'm a wreck and just crying all the time, haven't been as sad about human people's death as I am about my cat's disappearance.

Sorry for going completely off-topic, but I just can't not talk about it. I keep reading and commenting on your stories, will also continue my own once I'm in the mood for that again. But I'm just unbelievably sad right now.
PS: Also sorry for not responding to comments on my RLC, for whatever reason I managed to unsubscribe from my own blog. Trying to find that option somewhere....
Field Researcher
#16006 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocriel
Anyone here still remember Katerchen? ...
Sorry for going completely off-topic, but I just can't not talk about it. I keep reading and commenting on your stories, will also continue my own once I'm in the mood for that again. But I'm just unbelievably sad right now.
PS: Also sorry for not responding to comments on my RLC, for whatever reason I managed to unsubscribe from my own blog. Trying to find that option somewhere....

@Nocriel, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that right now! I love kittes and when a stray isn't looking well I always say a prayer for it or try to find someone who can help it. I hope you don't mind if I say a prayer for Katterchan too. Have you tried leaving something that he likes outside, even something he sleeps on or that may smell like him?

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Scholar
Original Poster
#16007 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:56 AM
Sorry about your cat, Nocriel! I hope you find him soon.

I've been having problems with blogger too. It's not sending comments to my email. Not sure what the issue is.
Test Subject
#16008 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:52 AM
Hey guys! I just started a new legacy! You guys can check it out on my blog here: https://jaybirbiesims.wordpress.com/generations-2/
Just click the 1.1 link to read the first chapter!
Thanks!
Test Subject
#16009 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:11 PM
So, hello people.

Sorry for the radio silence (again). I had a breakdown at work and had to take some time away from everything to recover.

Hopefully I'll be back with some more Nicholson content soon!

<3
Lab Assistant
#16010 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:00 PM
I'm so sorry about your kitty @Noricel. I hope he manages to find his way back home soon!

@slashbanghorror Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Please take care of yourself. <3

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Test Subject
#16011 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyneky
@slashbanghorror Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Please take care of yourself. <3

Thank you. I've taken some time to re-energise myself, and I am back with the final chapter of Generation One!

It's a biggie, so come prepared.

Chapter 1.8 - The Many Faced Family
Field Researcher
#16012 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 12:35 AM
1.3 - Best Friends

The Riddle Family - Random Legacy

Circle of Life - Random Legacy

My simblr .
Field Researcher
#16013 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 3:59 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 13th Jul 2018 at 4:27 AM.
@slashbanghorror I hope today is a better day!!

I've been back-commenting on a few of your stories people, but I have no idea which ones I've missed honestly and some I've read from my phone where comments are different, I'm not sure what I've left out. But I'll try!

Sparrows finally get a vacation;
1.34 Ancient Chinese Dragons
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Test Subject
#16014 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM
Hello!

So, due to unforseen circumstances that I am not complaining about, I've had my hours cut back at work to my regular contracted hours.

Which means that I will have more time for the Nicholson family! :D
Forum Resident
#16015 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:36 AM
I have another updateChapter 4.15
Field Researcher
#16016 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 7:40 PM
Guess who's back with a brand new chapter after a bit of mental health flip flopping and exams?
Heeeeeeeyyyyyyy

Also hi to all new people and hi to returning people, I'm your local trash who updates about 5 chapters in five days and then vanishes for like two months *peace emoji*

In the usual me tradition, I've got a chapter out!
Update! Chapter 4.10 Proposals not that kind of proposals lmao

I'll try and catch up but most likely I'll just join in on the latest chapter and pretend like I know what's going on (a few I really wanted to proper catch up on last time bc I was really involved in the story but I was procrastinating bc my attention span is that of a goldfish lmao)

My name is Carrie aND I'M FINE

My Random Legacy Blog: Matthews' Random Legacy
My Tumblr: Carrie's Simblr
I don't really know what else to say other than I like bunnies, killing off characters and falling in love with fictional people who just die
Lab Assistant
#16017 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:03 AM
Thank you for the kitty encouragements, to my great relief I did find him 5 days (and 5 hours) later! And made him promise not to scare me like that ever again, I was so worried he could be locked in some neighbor's garage, cellar, or whatever...

1.7 - An unstable personality

Here's a new Nothing Is Free update. It's actually the last one for this generation. Pretty fast, huh? I guess I could have made two chapters out of this + some extra screenshots I have lying around here but I wanted to catch up to where I am in-game, which is at the start of generation 2. I will *try* to make generation 2 not so super short but I wanted a RLC that is faster than my Harris legacy so it probably won't be much more than ten-ish chapters per generation.
Also sorry for the wonky layout in this chapter, I have no idea what's going on with blogger, it looked just fine before I posted it.
Field Researcher
#16018 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:34 PM
A Silverly update!

1.24 Nothing to Panic About
Test Subject
#16019 Old Yesterday at 1:49 AM
Hey guys! I just released the second chapter of my legacy challenge tonight! Random Legacy Challenge 1.2
Scholar
Original Poster
#16020 Old Today at 1:39 AM
I have a tiny update for Lawful Chaotic: 1.13 Leave the Nest
Test Subject
#16021 Old Today at 11:21 AM
So, I am faced with a problem.

I'm playing through Gen Two of the Nicholson's, and things have broken. Not game breakingly broken, but still broken. Connor is in the firefighter career, and he spends his whole time there fixing the fire engine and alarm. Because of this, there is so few screenshots of anything actually happening. I would try and start again, but the only save I have of the game is when Connor has a wife (who is pregnant) and Kathleen has a baby from some French dude.

So, with there being no way to undo what's been done, and with me having to change Connor's career to being a magician (Yay for Showtime) due to the firefighter career being broken, is it okay if I do a "Here's a summary of what happened, now to cut to the action" style thing?
Page 641 of 641