Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2018 at 12:47 AM
Default How to fix the random name changes on Sims 1.
After I reinstalled Sims 1 Complete Collection to work with Simitone because it crashes with mods and cc I had a weird glitch where it changes both of my sims' names from Ariel and Jessie to Randy but I fixed it by changing some things in the character with Iffpencil so if you ever have a problem where the game changes your sims' names to Randy or to something like this here's how to fix it. First make a copy of your Userdata profile so that in case you mess up you would have a backup mine is Userdata1 so I copied that to my desktop. Then download Iffpencil2 and SimMetamorphoser and use WinRAR or any program that extracts rar and zip files. I downloaded it from ihatemandatoryregister's Simfileshare profile http://simfileshare.net/folder/15672/. Use SimMetamorphoser to quickly find them otherwise you would have to keep opening character files until you find your sim. If you see that your character had been renamed don't worry, look for the number under selected sim name. Open Iffpencil and open the name of the character click on the CTSS property and delete the #2000 string. Save the file load up the game and select your family. Since the sim doesn't have a name the game is forced to change it to the name of the OBJB file which has the name of your sim and the character file. Save and exit the game. Open your character file,click on edit then click on add. Click on the arrow and scroll down to CTSS and select it then make sure that you change the Id number to 2000 and press OK. Click on the Id number and add in Id 0 and 1. Delete all of the text and type the name of your sim on Id Number 0,press OK and save the file. Go back to the game,select your family,point the cursor at your sim and the original names of the sims should be restored and my sims' names are back to Ariel and Jessie.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:24 AM
This is actually a known bug which is caused by using savegames that were created in a game with a different language setup.

It's common if you have your game installed in US English, and use saves created in UKEnglish or vice versa.

The easiest way to solve it, instead of editing each character, would be to change the install language of your game to match that of your userdata.
https://web.archive.org/web/2012062...ge-named-randy/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th May 2018 at 12:38 PM
OMG! SIMSAMPLE!!! You changed your iconic AVI! And description. How will I ever discern you in the MTS crowd?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th May 2018 at 5:47 PM
@mixa97sr I haven't changed my description for a while, but this avatar was one I had back in 2006 when 'simmerized' pictures were all the rage. I tell you, I'm right on vogue!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:14 PM
I just realised that it's a real body down there... *GASPS in wonder and confusion*