Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Bloch676, my reply was for perfectionist posting above you

For you, I don't mind being tested

Oops Sorry!

By the way..... I have run a quick test.....Everything works perfectly. Nicely spaced
and plenty of room left to expand. I like it!!

I think I'm gonna carry on playing as this is the first map/world that haven't given me any
problems and after loading my CC, still no problems. (I use Awesome Mod and NRAAS's
MC and Overwatch as well).

Only 1 problem, when is the next world available? ( ducking behind a chair, just incase! )... A desert scene perhaps?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator THANKS POST
#52 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 3:55 AM
Ah, I really enjoy strolling around in this world, something about it just turns my mind to a very blissful mood!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 4:15 AM
Great work. Your time was well spent
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:12 AM
Default Thanks ,but...
Hello!
First of all,thanks for sharing this world!!

Jinx Rugs BasegameRabbitHoles R&C1 File is not included in Rabbit Hole Replacement Project page in CC list.

if have not this package, Hospital(diner,etc..) does'nt work .

so,please download this package(free download)
http://customsims3.com/forum/thread-53.html

thanks for reading my poor English Speech?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:16 AM
Oh wow, this is absolutely AMAZING! I really can't properly express it in words. Thank you so much! I can't wait to play!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lorenrose1013
EDIT: Doesn't work in my game. I downloaded every piece of cc, have the latest patch, all EPs/ SP and yet it refuses to load. It gets to the very end of the loading bar and just stays there for half an hour before I give up and shut down. I'm fairly certain it isn't my game as all my other custom worlds work, but it's being stubborn. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

Maybe try redownloading, and installing again, there might have been a glitch in the extract process that has broken the sims3pack just a little, not too much to prevent it from installing.

Uninstall via launcher, delete the world from your downloads, clear caches, redownload and install. Hopefully it works!

I don't see this as a problem with the files since other people have managed to play it.

takingarest, thank you. I forgot to add the alternative link. Is edited in the main post now
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
#57 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:44 AM
Stunning. Simply stunning. Your pictures are beautifully taken and presented. I know I'm going to love playing this island. And I'm so happy to see the final product available for download. I'll be downloading it after I get some sleep :-) Thanks for all of your hard work!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:45 AM
Like the world, but can't find the stadium... am I being dense?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Soneen
Like the world, but can't find the stadium... am I being dense?

https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...reenshot-92.jpg
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#60 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 10:22 AM
OMG I just shed a freaken tear!!!! xx much enthused love.!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#61 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 12:22 PM
Great work and a lot of it!!! Looking forward to visiting it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 12:52 PM
this world is magical!! *o* <3 if only I had world adventures... :'(
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lorenrose1013
This is AMAZING!

EDIT: Doesn't work in my game. I downloaded every piece of cc, have the latest patch, all EPs/ SP and yet it refuses to load. It gets to the very end of the loading bar and just stays there for half an hour before I give up and shut down. I'm fairly certain it isn't my game as all my other custom worlds work, but it's being stubborn. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

I had this problem and found Buzzler's same energy gain for every bed hack was the culprit after some testing. Really not sure why since I've never had an issue like that before. Try loading the world without hacks installed and see if it loads, then go from there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 3:59 PM
this is great! I love this neighborhood! Thnx a million
Captain Louie
#65 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 4:51 PM
Pssh, whateva. Give Tom and Tree credit, but not me. It's cool, it's cool...

I am extremely happy to see this all finished. You put a great amount of detail, effort, and time into this world and it turned out fantastic! I enjoyed seeing its transformation over the past few months and, though I haven't been around as much to see you finish it all up, I wanted to say how fun it has been (for me) to talk with you while you worked to the end of this project.

Awesome, awesome job, Armi
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 5:18 PM
https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...reenshot-92.jpg

Instructor
#67 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Destria
I had this problem and found Buzzler's same energy gain for every bed hack was the culprit after some testing. Really not sure why since I've never had an issue like that before. Try loading the world without hacks installed and see if it loads, then go from there.

You're right! I didn't re-install or anything, just pulled out that one package, loaded up the game, and voila! I wonder why it conflicts...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:58 PM
This is absolutely beautiful! No lag at all and the houses are just gorgeous. Kiitos!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#69 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 9:51 PM
Normally I don't keep the residential lots of most worlds, but it looks like I don't have to do much editing to play this world. I am in love with the style you presented here. Must give this world a try.
Thank you.
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 11:08 PM Last edited by tazzmann61 : 18th Sep 2011 at 5:17 AM.
I also had a problem with it conflicting with Buzzler's same energy gain. It would get to about 98% loaded and then just stop but loads fine when I take Buzzler's mod out. I checked and it doesn't appear to be a conflict with any of the custom content you listed for use with this world as other worlds load fine with the custom content and Buzzler's mod installed. It seems that the Charlton world file itself is what conflicts with Buzzler's mod and won't load.

Almost forgot. The world looks very nice. You can tell a lot of thought and hard work went into it. Thank you for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 8:17 AM
Om nom nom
Beautiful.

(Finally get to play after rummaging around in my Mod folder.. Wonder why it's conflicting with people's mods?)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 8:30 AM
Regarding Buzzlers Same energy gain for all beds mod..

This is really interesting, I tested myself and the world indeed doesn't load but freezes in about 98%. I don't see anyone else poking him about the conflict yet, so Imma poke him when I see him the next time.

Also, when you people say mods instead of mod, are there other mods too that cause this?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#73 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:54 AM
Everyone who uses my bed energy mod please redownload it. The issue has been taken care of. BTW, it's not lupusconflict, it's never lupusconflict!

PS: Good job on that world, armi! The lot interiors aren't exactly to my taste, but the rest is beautifully done.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 4:31 PM
Also, when you people say mods instead of mod, are there other mods too that cause this?

The only one I found in my mods folder (and I have over 1GB of them) was Buzzler's bed energy mod. Nothing else caused the load lock-up, which is now null since Buzzler provided a quick update.

Now that I had a chance to play it... this world is beautiful and it runs very smoothly, you've done a lovely job.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#75 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:01 PM
When I put it in the downloads folder using way 2, it shows up as this:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums...18at15522PM.jpg

And when I click show file it brings me to the world file.

PM me with a request!
Page 3 of 8