Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1482 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:20 AM
Default Thread and forum subscriptions. How do they work?
I feel dumber than a pile of rocks for even asking this question, but since it doesn't seem to work, here I am.

In all the years I've been on forums that have offered the option to receive emails when a thread is replied to, it is a simple process. A person can choose from a garden variety of options to suit them. Anything from never being sent a e-mail to getting immediate e-mails, just like the options here. I have my options set to getting immediate e-mails and yet I never get them.

My e-mail address is working as I get PM notices. Am I missing something?

Cyber Tip Line for Exploited Children
Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I feel dumber than a pile of rocks for even asking this question, but since it doesn't seem to work, here I am.

In all the years I've been on forums that have offered the option to receive emails when a thread is replied to, it is a simple process. A person can choose from a garden variety of options to suit them. Anything from never being sent a e-mail to getting immediate e-mails, just like the options here. I have my options set to getting immediate e-mails and yet I never get them.

My e-mail address is working as I get PM notices. Am I missing something?

I think you have to subscribe to threads you want to get emails from. But I am not sure.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
I think you have to subscribe to threads you want to get emails from. But I am not sure.

I've done that. I don't know if I need to allow emails from admins to make it work? I honestly have no clue.

Children should always feel like the adults are living in this world to nurture them, to take care of them, to protect them from any bad thing that might come. ~Chris Cornell
dodgy builder
#4 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 1:28 PM
I just click on the new posts under user tools, and that works if I subscribe to threads or hole forums.
Site Helper
#5 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:25 PM
The only e-mail notifications I get are for new PMs. I have to come to the site and check for new posts to see new replies to a thread I'm subscribed to. I know that several years ago the subscription e-mail was declared to be broken and not very high on the to-do list, so I've been living with it. It may still be broken?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
The only e-mail notifications I get are for new PMs. I have to come to the site and check for new posts to see new replies to a thread I'm subscribed to. I know that several years ago the subscription e-mail was declared to be broken and not very high on the to-do list, so I've been living with it. It may still be broken?

If it isn't broken, I can't figure it out. I spent all morning messing with it and I haven't gotten a e-mail all day. There is plenty of activity to be had on the TS4 boards as it is patch day. No biggie, but it would be a nice feature to have. It saves time....

Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
If it isn't broken, I can't figure it out. I spent all morning messing with it and I haven't gotten a e-mail all day. There is plenty of activity to be had on the TS4 boards as it is patch day. No biggie, but it would be a nice feature to have. It saves time....

I know a hotmailaddress doesn't work, but as you get pm notifications idk. Now you mention it, it has been a while since I got an email. But I received them in the last few months I am sure.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP