Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7801 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:21 AM
It would be awfully nice if the antique cash register from OFB could be made to sound like an antique cash register instead of using the same electronic beeping that the others do. I've heard that sound effects are difficult to work with, so this may not be do-able.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7802 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It would be awfully nice if the antique cash register from OFB could be made to sound like an antique cash register instead of using the same electronic beeping that the others do. I've heard that sound effects are difficult to work with, so this may not be do-able.

Actually, it's quite doable but ugh. I've been wrestling with sound effects for a while.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7803 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:16 PM
But..the antique sound would come from where? It is not already in the game...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7804 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But..the antique sound would come from where? It is not already in the game...

That's the bit that makes you go ugh - adding sounds is a right faff.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#7805 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:48 PM
Well, I was more thinking of where your new sound would come from, most probably having to convert it so the game reads it.
You seem to be at the step where you are ready to add it, which I think is more replacing than adding. I am in the *I have no clue about this* stage, personally.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7806 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:51 PM
I added sounds already - to my bell. Just have to get round to stopping it making a noises. The game will read MP3s (I think it is). I can check if you're really interested.

Bong.... bong.... bong

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7807 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM
The easiest way I know personally with the cash register is to do this:

1. Make a stand alone clone
2. Make the animations used with it custom. (I am assuming that the register is like a lot of other stuff and the sounds are tied to the animations)
3. Either attach different sounds to the animations OR remove the sounds from them and add sounds in a custom sound file to the register.

It would be custom, but that would be the easiest way to do it.
Mad Poster
#7808 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I added sounds already - to my bell. Just have to get round to stopping it making a noises. The game will read MP3s (I think it is). I can check if you're really interested.

Bong.... bong.... bong

I am not really interested no. Others might be.
But thank you.

Mad Poster
#7809 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
Yes. Yes. YES. Please, do not let this idea escape your list :lovestruc

No worries, it won't. Just having a rough year health-wise, can't concentrate worth a damn most days and unfortunately that means anything semi-complicated will have to wait for a good day to show itself. And at the moment the next good day (or the next 10...) are reserved for removing relationship requirement from pet woohoo, because I promised I would get to it for pets theme and I bloody well will, even if theme is long gone :lovestruc

Oh and while I'm at it, I haven't forgotten about the updates needed for the pet food mod, for those of you who are waiting for it. Just not quite been in shape yet. But it's right at the top of the list with pet woohoo

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7810 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:31 AM
Something that changes the criteria of the "saw a ghost" want to mean being in the same room as them, although I'd save the memory for actually being scared. With Cyjon's ghost tweaks, the nice ones are far less likely to haunt, and when one of my Sims rolls a want to see the ghost of a 10-point nice ghost, it can be really difficult to fulfill. I eventually just cheated and shift-clicked the want when they were in the same room together.

@gummilutt - get well! Don't overdo things.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#7811 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:05 AM
Definitely, health comes first. No pressure. I hope you get better!

I am almost sure someone may have mentioned this, but just in case: a friendly break-up anytime mod. Because, you know, not ALL break-ups are on bad terms. The interaction could damage the relationship only slightly and remove any crush or love flag if any and nothing else, so that there is a possibility for friendship after.

Besides, as a player, I think it would be awesome to have, in addition to usual break-ups or cheating, this possibility when my sims are having great chemistry with other than their couples or I just start liking them better with someone else. It would even help accentuate our sims' personalities better! Most Family sims or those with over 5 nice points may opt for a break-up on good terms, for instance.
Mad Poster
#7812 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:35 AM
Isn't there an easy break-up mod somewhere? Might be Squinge. It keeps them from becoming enemies. Course, you'd have to swap it in and out when needed or not needed.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#7813 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:02 AM
Yes, you are absolutely right. And it is said that it is incompatible with Inteen, but if you load either of Squinge's mods first, both work together. With the less relationship change version, this is what I was talking about. The animation is quite aggressive for a "friendly break-up", but I am not complaining. Thank you, There are plenty of mods by Squinge that I did not know about. I should take an hour some day and check them out.
Mad Poster
#7814 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:18 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 27th Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM.
Since Pescado's authorizedpersonnelonly doesn't save the settings on community lots, a door that only allows NPCs through to keep those pesky townies out of the kitchen.

I'd also like to see decorative pysanka. I wonder if there's any Maxis objects that can be recoloured.

Scholar
#7815 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:42 AM
I would like a mod that did not allow toddlers to learn any skill (or at least removed it from the default items).
I mean, seriously, they do learn a lot at those ages but I've never felt it was the same as the TS2 "skills". Actually I feel the Freetime enthusiasm makes much more sense for this age stage.
Inventor
#7816 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by @Amura
I would like a mod that did not allow toddlers to learn any skill (or at least removed it from the default items). I mean, seriously, they do learn a lot at those ages but I've never felt it was the same as the TS2 "skills". Actually I feel the Freetime enthusiasm makes much more sense for this age stage.

I agree, so I use the Sim Blender's Skill Limiter to restrict them from gaining points - you can set it to 0 while they're toddlers and remove/edit the limits whenever you like. It helps if you play with motivation levels or enforced skill limits.

Ancient Highway has some skill limiting mods for the toddler toys (scroll down for Chaavik's post), and if you're interested, Almighty Hat has buyable, playable toys that don't earn skill points either. They can also play with dollhouses and toy boxes instead.
Instructor
#7817 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'd also like to see decorative pysanka. I wonder if there's any Maxis objects that can be recoloured.

If someone is willing to recolor, there are some eggs in there ...
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...=8412&hilit=egg

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...=8224&hilit=egg

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Forum Resident
#7818 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Since Pescado's authorizedpersonnelonly doesn't save the settings on community lots, a door that only allows NPCs through to keep those pesky townies out of the kitchen.

It'd be more humorous to have one that summons the police when they pass through it and gets them arrested for trespassing.
Mad Poster
#7819 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:50 AM
I'd like to see Sims change to swimwear before starting or joining a water balloon fight. It's a bit silly to see them doing that in suits!

Scholar
#7820 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I agree, so I use the Sim Blender's Skill Limiter to restrict them from gaining points - you can set it to 0 while they're toddlers and remove/edit the limits whenever you like. It helps if you play with motivation levels or enforced skill limits.

Ancient Highway has some skill limiting mods for the toddler toys (scroll down for Chaavik's post), and if you're interested, Almighty Hat has buyable, playable toys that don't earn skill points either. They can also play with dollhouses and toy boxes instead.

Thanks!

I don't use the Sim Blender, and I usually keep away from mods which have tons of functions if I only plan to use a few. I'm that odd xD
I'll check Ancient Highway mods, they do look like my thing.
Thank you so much.
Mad Poster
#7821 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:34 AM
Any braided mullets? Or at least better mullets? I'm talking Sean Altman before and during the Carmen Sandiego years.
Field Researcher
#7822 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:54 PM
I would love random dance skill. Nothing against sims' goofy dance when unexperienced. They can make fools out of themselves in the dance floor as much as they want, but some people are naturally good at dancing, and I am not talking about ballet or hip-hop or whatever, just dancing in clubs or parties, I guess. How many people do not even like dancing but still have got enough graceful moves not to point at them and crack up? I am not the case (I have done the goofy dance sims do on purpose more than I would like to admit), but good dancers do exist, and they are not a rarity
Mad Poster
#7823 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:00 PM
I want a mod that has life state to be pass on genetically. A token trait or whatever that will ensure they will become/be a life state after transitioning into adulthood.
Mad Poster
#7824 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:52 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix as do I! I mentioned something like that a few months ago. Maybe Chris Hatch could do something like that XD
Instructor
#7825 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:56 PM
Being able to fix lots while you are in the game LOL. Such as size, terrain etc.
Page 313 of 580