Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#126 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Well Jess, you may have me stumped. I have only a few ideas for you to try.

First, open the options menu from the main kingdom loading menu, and see if anything is checked. If you haven't changed these settings the only option checked should be for normal pregnancy. Just to be safe, uncheck everything and see if it loads.

Next, if you've only used the same kingdom, please try a different and/or new one and see if it loads. I understand this isn't how you want to play, but perhaps the problem is in that kingdom.

If nothing else works the only idea I have left is to try a complete reinstall.

kingdoms created before installing the mod don't work. is it possible to add the ability to set the level for the ability please?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#127 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
kingdoms created before installing the mod don't work. is it possible to add the ability to set the level for the ability please?

Are you sure about kingdoms created before installing this mod won't work? I don't know if I can even test that without reinstalling. Might be worth it though if you're certain.

I'll try to get you something to set ability levels soon.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 8:02 PM
My Kingdoms (save games) from a long time back work fine, it's no problem installing this mod afterwards.

Thought I'd mention for those who may be interested, under the 'Sim' menu is the option to Make Ghost, which works fine:

The only thing is that when this guy returns to the Village, he comes out the next morning as his normal self, unghostified. Also on a Barmaid, when she got up the next afternoon she was returned to normal.

Another great option is the 'Plan Outfit'; anyone who hasn't tried this should check it out. It's the same as using the dresser, so when using this on an NPC non-hero sim to change clothes, the new clothing sticks on the sim; instead of disappearing as in Edit in CaS.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#129 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 9:07 PM
Thanks Shimrod. I didn't think that was a problem, but I try to look into everything. Also thanks for the tips. There's so much in those debug interactions it can be hard to find things, and even harder to test how everything works.

Anyway, I've updated (again) to add a new Add Ability or Set Level interaction. This replaces the code borrowed from DP.
#130 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 9:14 PM
none of mine work (kingdoms), tho that's no problem.

anyway thanks again :P
Test Subject
#131 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:49 PM
I just meant to leave a little thank you for your help. So, thank you. :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#132 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:08 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 5th Sep 2011 at 8:41 PM.
Replaced the door color tint interaction with one that allows tinting of most undesignable game objects. Some objects have no change when the tint is applied, but most do. Also, some objects may have the interaction added twice because they contain more than one object. Either interaction should do the same thing (Edit: My mistake, only one of the interactions seems to work).

I've been having a lot of fun with this today, so I thought I'd let you play with it too.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:46 AM
Is there a way to age children into adults with this mod without retiring the parent from his/her profession?
Instructor
Original Poster
#134 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
Is there a way to age children into adults with this mod without retiring the parent from his/her profession?

Age Child and Assign Profession doesn't retire the parent.
Scholar
#135 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 2:29 PM

Oh cool I was wondering this too. Too scared to try it out for myself :P

Would it be possible to change the percentage chance of pregnancy and hopefully add a selection of different percentage chances to your mod?
I know it can be switched on or off at will, but sometimes randomness is nice.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:31 PM Last edited by Impatiens : 6th Sep 2011 at 5:45 PM.

Oh that's good to know! I figured assigning a profession would retire the other hero with that profession. I'll go play around with it more. After saving first just to make sure I don't mess something up! I didn't see an option to age the child though. I assume that's under "aging"? I probably just missed it since there are so many options in the menu.

::Edit:: I found the option, but it's not working. I click on "Age Child and Assign Profession" and nothing happens. I've tried it with both the Bard's child and the Monarch's child with no luck.
#137 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:19 PM
found a bug. the debug menu tends to disappear sometimes, and now for some reason it won't appear at all on my wizard. i tried de-selecting him in free time and it still doesn't work.
Instructor
#138 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:41 PM
I had a similar issue, but it only happened when i killed off my original hero sim and their child inherited. i went into the options menu and unselected the "show debug options" thing, when i turned it back on, the problem was solved. at least for me.
Test Subject
#139 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:01 AM
Do you put the mod the core one in you're package file or in some place else? I put it in the package file but I'm going to try a few mods in my game
Instructor
Original Poster
#140 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:11 AM
I found the option, but it's not working. I click on "Age Child and Assign Profession" and nothing happens. I've tried it with both the Bard's child and the Monarch's child with no luck.

I just double checked and the option worked fine on my Monarch's current child. Does the child age up at all, or absolutely nothing?
Instructor
Original Poster
#141 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
found a bug. the debug menu tends to disappear sometimes, and now for some reason it won't appear at all on my wizard. i tried de-selecting him in free time and it still doesn't work.

I believe this bug is related to my being lazy and not having added the code yet to add the interactions when a sim is instantiated. Sims, even existing one are uninstantiated, and instanciated all the time. I plan to fix this before I update again, but until then try either doing as DarthKitsune said, unselecting DEBUG interactions and cliking apply, then selecting DEBUG interactions and click apply, or save your game, go to the main menu, and reload. Saving and reloading should work for any interaction, whereas the option menu way will only restore the DEBUG interactions.
Instructor
Original Poster
#142 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kartai
Do you put the mod the core one in you're package file or in some place else? I put it in the package file but I'm going to try a few mods in my game

If you follow the instructions here How to mod you game for beginners you should have no problems. Make sure you use d3dx9_31.dll.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 7:47 AM
I just double checked and the option worked fine on my Monarch's current child. Does the child age up at all, or absolutely nothing?

It does absolutely nothing. I tried it on my bard's child too and nothing. Tried it with a kingdom in Freetime and one where I was still doing quests. Nothing. I have yet to try it with a child born after I installed the mod to see if it's somehow an issue with that. I haven't had any new kids since I installed it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#144 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 2:17 PM
It does absolutely nothing. I tried it on my bard's child too and nothing. Tried it with a kingdom in Freetime and one where I was still doing quests. Nothing. I have yet to try it with a child born after I installed the mod to see if it's somehow an issue with that. I haven't had any new kids since I installed it.

I had this problem earlier, but it was fixed. When did you last download the mod?
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Impatiens : 7th Sep 2011 at 7:45 PM.
I had this problem earlier, but it was fixed. When did you last download the mod?

I can't remember the exact date, but no more than about a month ago.

On another unrelated note, should I be able to change one legendary trait to another with the set legendary trait option? It works the first time but won't let me change to a new one later on.
Instructor
Original Poster
#146 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 8:27 PM
Impatiens:
The update for the fix was made about ten days ago. If you haven't already, you should download the latest version.

The way Set Legendary Trait is coded it can't be changed to a new one. I may be able to change that though. I'll look into it.
#147 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:03 PM
plan outfit fixes the menus too but not for that wizard, he's still bugged. by the way i killed off my original wizard as well but a new one took his place.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:21 PM
Firstly: Huge thanks to grimreefer for adding the old dynamic professions mod to the debug list! I literally did a little happy dance when I saw it! Yay, thank you thank you!!! Everything is working great; I'm busy adding useful abilites to spouses and children again.

I have noticed the same think newhere mentioned, namely the debug interactions not showing up sometimes. It is fixable like was mentioned above, so not a big deal in my mind. The only problem I'm having now is finding the conversation options amongst all the cool stuff! You rock, thanks again! :D

paysites suck.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:32 AM
Impatiens:
The update for the fix was made about ten days ago. If you haven't already, you should download the latest version.

The way Set Legendary Trait is coded it can't be changed to a new one. I may be able to change that though. I'll look into it.

Awesome, thanks! I shall update.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 3:47 PM
Thanks for the mod, I love it! Only complaint I have is all the DEBUG options flooding the pie charts make it hard to find the normal interaction stuff. Is there a way to limit all those options?
Page 6 of 31