Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:28 PM
Default The Sims 4: Wants/Needs/Must-Haves
So, I was thinking to keep speculation in the Matrix thread and to put all those wishful things we all love and want, could go here.

So let your mind go free! I just pray on the sinful ground that EA lies upon that they have rounded walls.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:35 PM
Ingame world editor.

I want to draw roads, hills, lakes, valleys, and lots. All of it from within the game. If there's one thing from SimCity I'd like to see, it's the road drawing and lot placing tools. Just steal that for The Sims 4.

That would probably be my #1 choice of new things to have in the game. The rest, I'll need to see more of Sims 4 to find out. Weather from the start would be nice, of course.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:43 PM
Nice one McNum. Hope I can run it, tend to get a bit stupidfied when it comes to technical stuff.

I want more family interactions, togetherness and eat dinner together. I want the whole family to interact with the new babies from infancy and up, start a relationship. More for every age group to do, don't make the game centered around YA and adults. That,s it for now.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:43 PM
Nraas mods for Sims 4. No doubt we would probably need them

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:44 PM
I want gradual aging! Maybe keep the current life stage system if required, but have the sims' appearance change more gradually so they don't just go from 30-something to pensioner in a single spin.

Edit:
Also, more distinct personality types, with traits giving different behaviours rather than simply having relabelled interactions (e.g. Evil, Extreme) or just additional dialogue options ("Talk about Music/Pets/Supernatural/etc"). And more interactions between traits. For example, an Evil Childish sim should get some nasty pranks whereas a Good Childish sim would be more lighthearted and playful. Whereas now they just get Good/Evil interactions and Childish interactions.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Remmet
I want gradual aging! Maybe keep the current life stage system if required, but have the sims' appearance change more gradually so they don't just go from 30-something to pensioner in a single spin.

Like Consort's Grow mod for The Sims 3.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:48 PM
More playable activites for children and teens.
Scouting - Going around the neighbourhood selling candies, camping etc.
Cheerleeding - practise the routine, having sleepovers, doing performance in front of parent sims.
Ballet
Baseball or football but with teams
Sightseeing and bird watching (like in TS2 Freetime)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
Going around the neighbourhood selling candies, camping etc.

They should have had this in The Sims 3

Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:54 PM
useful build tools very early on in the games life cycle. It's the 4th game - I shouldn't have to wait a few EPs for the basics. Actually, that's a major complain about the game now - basics things that have taken us forever to get. Sure, we understand it now (after all this time), but having the engine build around it is great.

I could (and probably should) make a list of things that need to be in the base game, or early pack, but I don't have the energy for that right now.

Quote: Originally posted by daniandan

We do. We got that in the first 2 EPs. Sleeping bags with Generations and bon fires in UL.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#10 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:55 PM
I second McNum--in-game world editor! Base-game weather would also be ideal.

I like the CaST tool and hope that stays the same for the most part, but I would like it if there were no stencils or removable stencils on clothing and objects. I'd also like it if CaST included textures. A lot of people offer retextures of the same hair over and over again, and it would be nice if we could choose hair textures instead of having ~5 million retextured versions of the same hair.

I'm sure I'll think of more wants/needs as we learn more.
Instructor
#11 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:58 PM
We (i.e., I) need the boomerang window from TS1: Livin' Large.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan

Oh please. They couldn't even get Trick or Treating to work right. Now you want the kids to go door to door and GIVE candy?

1. Preteen life stage. As a storyteller I hate having all the children look the same age. I want something to distinguish an 8 year old child from a 12 year old.

2. Height sliders. Don't care if the animation issues that'll come with it delay the game's release until they perfect it. At this point, if they want to move forward with CAS then this is the only route they can take.

3. In-game Create-a-World that's more User Friendly. I don't know what the hell possessed them to release CAW the way it was but if you didn't have patience or time on your hands to make a world, then you were stuck either buying EA's worlds or downloading somebody else's (Not that I don't appreciate the world builders on this and other CC sites. I'd just like an easy way to make my own world)

4. Fix the damn lag! I run like 10 times as many mods on TS2 and my game still plays perfectly. Why does it take me so long just to make ONE sim in TS3 when I only have like 10 custom hairs and 5 custom outfits? And the loading screen! I shouldn't be able, eat, go to the bathroom, do my homework, and come back to find that my neighborhood is STILL loading. And I honestly don't think it's all because of the mods.

5. Twallan, please stay with us for TS4. You're the only reason I switched over to TS3

6. Bring back bodyshop

7. Bring back the Wants, Fears, and Memories UI we had in TS2

8. Let me go into Buy/Build mode on the street (again, storytelling purposes :P)

9. Animations for going in and out of the car

10. Let kids do everything teen and adults can do (other than romance and driving of course)

11. Swimming in the ocean should come with the base game!

12. Laundry should be in the base game but if the room you're chaning in doesn't have a hamper, the clothes should not just appear on the floor.

13. Rabbitholes for Schools and Work are okay. Everything else? No

14. Don't wait so long to introduce occults. At least start us off with the 3 basics (Vamps, Witches, Werewolves)

15. Put aliens back in the base game and make it so you can force abductions like you could in TS2.

16. Stop putting things in the store that should have been included in packs! I miss the Cow Plant and I want evil chickens!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:30 AM
Basically many of the things we have from the Sims 3 base game and a lot of the EP's but I know that we're just going to end up getting a bare-bones base game again and have to wait for and purchase all the EP's/Store Stuff. Honestly, for me to even be interested in TS4 there would have to be some major improvements to everything from CAS to Building and everything in between.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:31 AM
I would like to have more in game tools, not only for world edition but also CAS modifiers, hair, make up, clothes or furniture!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:34 AM
More control over individual families instead of a neighborhood running itself.

No rabbitholes.

No online connecion needed and not too much only available online to buy.

Higher level of sim customization-- with NO DOUGHFACES!

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:50 AM
Quote:
1. Preteen life stage. As a storyteller I hate having all the children look the same age. I want something to distinguish an 8 year old child from a 12 year old.
I'd like that, and wouldn't mind a small child stage, too. I wan the proportion of the life to be more realistic than earlier games (Beau was a toddler when Dustin was teen, but both end up teens at the same time), but with the customize-your-own age ranges we later got in TS3, that's less of an issue. Would be nice to customize pregnancy length, though.

Quote:
2. Height sliders. Don't care if the animation issues that'll come with it delay the game's release until they perfect it. At this point, if they want to move forward with CAS then this is the only route they can take.
I'd really like height sliders, but if they don't have them, they could at least have multiple height options: three for male, three for female - heck if they want they can pare it down to four adult heights with the medium woman's height being the short male's height and the tall woman's height being the medium man's height. It would feel like (and be) less customizable than the sliders, but better than nothing.

Quote:
4. Fix the damn lag! I run like 10 times as many mods on TS2 and my game still plays perfectly. Why does it take me so long just to make ONE sim in TS3 when I only have like 10 custom hairs and 5 custom outfits? And the loading screen! I shouldn't be able, eat, go to the bathroom, do my homework, and come back to find that my neighborhood is STILL loading. And I honestly don't think it's all because of the mods.
Yeah.

Quote:
6. Bring back bodyshop
Agreed.

Quote:
9. Animations for going in and out of the car
Agreed.

Quote:
10. Let kids do everything teen and adults can do (other than romance and driving of course)
No, not for me. They're kids. They shouldn't be able to do the same things adults do. Like barbecue or make ice sculptures with a chainshaw. There needs to be big differences in playing kids v. playing adults.

I want to be able to delete CC from within the game. I want uneven relationships and chemistry back. And I want genetics. Non-larva babies would be fantastic, especially if we could at dress them as we liked. Love the custom sliders I have that let me adjust hips, shoulders, butt, neck, etc. and would love to see those included. With a boob slider more like the custom one instead of like the one EA provided - so bullet-booby.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:52 AM
I hope TS4 let's you interact with real friends in the game. I would love to invite my sister to play with me in sims 4. It would also be great if we could understand sim language, whether the definitions could be in the manual that comes with game or have sim language converted in english over sims heads.
Scholar
#18 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:57 AM
I want the Athletic Skill to be divided into as many sports as there is going to be - like Creativity was divided in Sims 3.

EP integration like in Sims 1. Lots get updated with objects and functionality from said EP - so I don't have to spend days building and updating lots before actually playing in Live Mode.

I understand Rabbitholes.. But no. Get rid of them!

New Build Mode objects - so they can look pretty like Rabbitholes.

Round walls - really? We're in the 4th game. Should have been in the franchise since Sims 1.

Better physics - clothes and hair tessellation, Sims grabbing things instead of putting them in their butts.

Car animations - I too understand why it's not possible in Sims 3 so it should be reviewed for Sims 4.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:00 AM
All I want is for all the best things from Sims1-2-3 withOUT the bugs and limitations. Or waiting many ep/sp's later for something that should have been included in base. *coughdivingboard*

I really don't see what they can tempt me with at this point. TS3 had the open world and the CAST system to lure me away from TS2, and after enjoying those two basic things I can't go back. What will TS4 offer? Haven't heard anything yet.

Perhaps if they decided to actually come up with things to do for ALL the life-cycles. More things to do with a non-burrito baby, toddler activities (for the toddlers, not just things the adults can do TO the kids), let regular kids DO things, like instruments and gardening.... And for heavens sakes, being a teen isn't about playing pranks and getting in trouble. But I doubt they'll do that, so I guess I'm safe from spending more money.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:01 AM Last edited by VegaBlack : 7th May 2013 at 1:14 AM.
I would love to see a lot of things that have already been mentioned, like new life stages, height sliders, editable neighborhoods, animated hair, etc. Couple of other things that would be nice would be:

Being able to switch amongst select households right from the UI

Queuing up interactions, grouping them together and assigning them a short cut key.

Bring back the stages that allowed easier split level building.

Bring back click consistency for raising or lowering the terrain

More unique animations! Seriously, it's 2013 and motion capture is a thing now.

Hair sliders - make the hair styles have a mesh that allows it to morph from short to long.

Advanced debug interactions/cheats such as:

- Modding an object's stats in game - I'd like to be able to decide how much energy gain any particular bed has or how comfy a couch is.

- Allowing any sim to do any interaction regardless of traits

- Setting the BV buff/lot addresses on a lot within the game

- Bring back cheat code aliases

And for the love of the plumbob, please let there be more integration between expansion packs!
One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:04 AM
I want stairs to a basement that can be placed through a foundation without jumping through hoops.

I want the old, TS2 style, asymmetric relationships back. Let your love go unrequited, have real stalkers, require true restraining orders, instead of everyone being lock step in every relationship.

Keep the behavioral tuning in XML, or provide an interface that allows a player to natively set values individually, so we can still play the game the way we want, not just the way you think we might like to play it.

Get a sense of humor back in development. Quirky can be good, and if you're afraid some might not like it, make it tunable for those with no sense of humor in real life.

Traits are actually good. Allow more of them, and allow some variety in trait scoring. Evil doesn't have to be all bad, Good doesn't have to be all good. Trait sliders would be ideal. And slider inheritance would be a natural for offspring. Yes, it's very cute about Good Holly Alto having two evil, despicable parents. It's also boring. How about if she is inclined to do good, but her good slider isn't pulled over that far because of her genetics (just an example)?

Have a workable game plan for development before the base game engine is completed. Anticipate what will be coming down the road, and make sure you can support it when you finally want to implement it. If that means rolling back release for several months, do it. The short term financial hit will be nothing compared to the long term financial return on an integrated game with EPs that many, many players will buy as a result of that planning.

Keep the game approachable by many, but let the new game engine scale properly to contemporary hardware. Don't go for minimum specs that cannot do justice to a rich, open, 3D environment. If someone is running on an integrated video chip on a laptop (hopefully at least a 4000 series from Intel), let them play at low to moderate settings. But don't deprive someone with a reasonable investment in hardware with a decent multicore processor and a capable video card from having the kind of detailed "eye candy" that can be rendered by most game engines these days, including those made by other developers in EA. The tech support is there, use it. Same goes for AI. If I have a fast i7 on a new motherboard, I should be able to run a more detailed, evolving population than another player with an entry level chip. Other game engines already do this. Again, the ability to build this in exists. It doesn't require inventing some new processes (well, new to a Sims engine, but not to other game engines).

Absolutely support the modding community from day 1. Don't require a game hack to get mods and content into the game. TS3 should have had a mods folder in the EA/Sims 3 folder from release day. This game benefits from mods and custom content. Not every player will use them. Plenty of players who do use them will still buy EA content as well (I do). Don't lock out the creators of both objects and code. They're the ones who have kept quite a large number of us still playing TS3, despite the limitations that still exist. It's not competition with EA, it's a value added benefit to EA to have this community dreaming up new ways to push this game forward.
Instructor
#22 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:21 AM
Must haves:

A vacation package.
A University package
An Open for Business Package
A Seasons style package
An Apartment Life package.
A Late Night style package.
Tool kits for clothing, world and object creation.

I have no intention of buying this until it has more play value than the Sims 3. I made the mistake of buying into the Sims 3 before it had all of the functionality of the Sims 2. I do not plan on repeating that mistake.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:31 AM
Just thought of two more I'd like to add:
NO, and I mean NO, build height restricitions, if I want Johnny to live in 40 floor house then let my Johnny do so at his pleasure! The limitations to building a proper downtown is offensive in Sims 3 (lol). I want more freedom.

And another, either more and larger lot sizes, OR a new lot system where one would build in the open world, and then define the region of a lot and lock that it. (One would also be able to upgrade this lot if there is space, or downgrade etc...)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
Must haves:
A vacation package.

And real vacations this time! TS2 got it PERFECT! Then EA went and turned it into an RPG for TS3

Quote:
A University package

As much as I like the idea of Sims getting degrees to advance in their careers, I could do without it based on how uninteresting the actual campus life was in TS2&3. Unless they plan on giving us Universities in home worlds like the ones we can make thanks to Twallan, then that'll be a pack that I'll only buy for the new objects and occults

Quote:
A Seasons style package

This, like Pets, is something that needs to be in the base game. Of course they wont do it for numerous reasons. But it'd be nice if they did.

Quote:
An Apartment Life package.

Like OFB, I think this aspect of the game is important but doesn't deserve an entire pack centered around it. For real, Aparments are something they also could put in the base game and unlike Pets and Seasons, there's no reason it shouldn't be.

Quote:
A Late Night style package.

Like Pets, I'm pretty sure that's an expansion we'll never have to worry about losing.

Quote:
Tool kits for clothing, world and object creation.

I'd take back several choice words I've had to say about EA if they do this
Forum Resident
#25 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:42 AM
I'd really enjoy having weather in the base game, but I do not want pets in the basegame. I uninstalled Pets very quickly for TS2. Kept it for TS3, but have been thinking of uninstalling it because I just don't like it much (just haven't done so because I haven't played in a long time). Plus, I think of Pets as a pretty legitimate expansion, since there's lot's of coding there, I think. I mean, it's completely different lifeforms - multiple different lifeforms, if they do it right - I don't know if combining with farming EP is a good idea or not. It might be interesting to have weather, but not all the seasons functionality, in the case game, but then to have a sort of Pets/Seasons (which had the gardening in TS2) combo in a farming EP. Not sure I like that idea, though.
Page 1 of 30