Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:16 AM
Default Anyone know Simlish?

Not sure if its been decoded yet, but what does this say?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:25 AM
By now we must be able to decode the simlish language. If I remember correctly Kotaku did an article about how someone had decoded all the simlish in the console game and was revealing some hilarious stuff.

I too am very curious as to what this says.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:29 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:40 AM
Where did you encounter the one you quoted? It looks familiar, but it is neither of the two Simlish scripts that I usually see:
(1) The one used in the game for signage etc -- this is decorative only & cannot be translated, as far as we know.
(2) The "community" font which is a Roman cipher, not a separate character set, and I can read it if I squint -- this might be found in cc, but not in anything from EA.

EDIT: I bet it's Georgian.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magglepaggle
Here

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th May 2013 at 4:18 AM Last edited by Alistair : 7th May 2013 at 5:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak

Not sure if its been decoded yet, but what does this say?

It's the Lorem Ipsum placeholder text. Here's the article from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

And no, it's not Georgian. Here's an example of Georgian: ლორემ იფსუმ... (Lorem ipsum...).
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Cool -- but in what character set? That's modern Georgian, but there's another (Asomtavruli) that looks closer to the above -- but still not quite the same: Ⴀ Ⴁ Ⴂ Ⴃ Ⴄ Ⴅ Ⴆ Ⴡ Ⴇ Ⴈ Ⴉ Ⴊ Ⴋ Ⴌ Ⴢ Ⴍ Ⴎ Ⴏ Ⴐ Ⴑ Ⴒ Ⴣ Ⴓ Ⴔ Ⴕ Ⴖ Ⴗ Ⴘ Ⴙ Ⴚ Ⴛ Ⴜ Ⴝ Ⴞ Ⴤ Ⴟ Ⴠ Ⴥ
so I'm still looking.

It's in a custom character set. And to be honest, I think it looks much closer to runes and Old Italic than that alphabet (link to the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runes and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Italic_alphabet). I mean, a few characters were taken straight, and others are modified characters.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:26 AM
We decoded it - it's nothing important at all. Complete Latin Gibberish.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:54 AM
You guys have to stop using Google translate on Simlish. It's actually a TS4 Easter egg.

It really says:
Wait until you guys see The Sims 4
Finally, an online only, multiplayer Sims game we know you'll love
Don't believe that press stuff about single-player offline filler
We KNOW you really want this to be online, and that's what we're giving you
So buck up and accept our vision.

Roughly translated, of course.
Space Pony
#10 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:19 PM
I don't know about the written SIMLish language, but I do know for a fact that one of the "actual" (existing) languages they used to create the spoken SIMLish language is my country's language... or rather one of the many languages we have here, that being Tagalog.

And I can pick out some Tagalog words used in game, albeit their meaning is no longer the same....

In SIMs 2 SIMs sometimes say "kumusta?" which is Tagalog for "how are you?". But in game it is used as a reaction to an unexpected situation.

In The SIMs Medieval one of the voices for male heroes (voice number 3) sometimes says "sulit ba?" which in English translates to "is it worth it?", which in game seems to be a greeting.