Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2201 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
They did? When was this?

I should keep in mind to save links to twitter post when I need to reference, but there was one developer who was upset about there being no animation and said he/they will make sure to add them. Gosh, If only who and when exactly it was said. I'm trying to dig it up to. I guess with a grain of salt, but I am pretty positive somebody said that.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2202 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I don't recall this promise either, but if they did, maybe they should fix/finish the wardrobe and dressers, I mean they just walk up to them and spin around, yet didn't they use to open the drawers first, spin around, then close them?

No the spa day wardrobe is the only animated one.

I don’t remember any promise pertaining to elevators. I do remember them saying “maybe in a future pack”, but they say that for pretty much everything so I wouldn’t really consider that a promise.
Mad Poster
#2203 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:24 PM
I just do remember somehow it was worded that implied "Yes it's unfortunate, but we aren't gonna keep and leave them at like that."
Scholar
#2204 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I don't recall this promise either, but if they did, maybe they should fix/finish the wardrobe and dressers, I mean they just walk up to them and spin around, yet didn't they use to open the drawers first, spin around, then close them?

In Sims 3 they had animations for dressers. I remember Sims could fall down when pulling a drawer out. It used to make me laugh.
Field Researcher
#2205 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
They did? When was this?

Only thing I could find was this:

https://simsvip.com/2016/10/24/the-...-and-elevators/

Which doesn't explain much and frankly is just excuses.

The part about players finding transport systems too confusing? WTF?!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2206 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:24 PM
Yet, a year later, they added boats to Cats & Dogs.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2207 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

I do wonder If they had to compensate all of their budget to the boats, which is the result of (maybe) why pets have so too many cut animation bits. You know, at this rate they can't win anyone's heart. I just don't understand why EA can't give sims team a bigger budget as that they are suffering in keeping trust with the fanbase If their claim of excuse for weak performance due to being low of funds is not BS. Either give them more money or hire better managing team/people that saves the cost and dismisses ideas that doesn't leave a room for new fresh mechanics.
Mad Poster
#2209 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:58 PM
What temple?
Field Researcher
#2210 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:26 PM

Are you kidding? Boats are the laziest thing yet. Tell a sim to get on the boat and half way to the pier the loading screen kicks in. If cars are added it wouldn't surprise me if cars are the same.

I watched the live stream, call me cynical but is it a coincidence that they just happened to get all the right answers to the puzzles? With only 5 temple lay outs it will repeat very quickly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2212 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Are you kidding? Boats are the laziest thing yet. Tell a sim to get on the boat and half way to the pier the loading screen kicks in. If cars are added it wouldn't surprise me if cars are the same.

I was referring to alternative transportation options that could be seemingly “confusing.” If they felt like options like this were confusing, they would not have added boats.

If they ever add cars, I assume they’re function quite the same.

Field Researcher
#2213 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
Ok so, I just skimmed through their latest livestream, the one with the temple (since I don't wanna spoil myself too much)... and wow....I am extremely disappointed. Those tombs have zero atmosphere, they are so empty and barebones with minimum tomb decor, and those atrocious "puzzles" are just plain straightforward and banal. It's both absolutely horrendous and insulting that they're going to release this and call it "feature-packed" or other such synonymous words. (I guess they wasted the majority of their budget on those new dancing animations) Plus they probably don't even have actually dangerous traps that can cause death and stuff, such as how World Adventures had true fire and lightning traps that could potentially kill your Sims, or the Mummy's curse which, if not cured, caused death. The lack of danger and death must have something to do with their child-friendly, all happy and colorful, no gloom and doom, sensitive snowflake agenda that they have been pushing with TS4. I AM BEYOND SICK OF THAT MENTALITY!
Fuck me for actually hoping they'd deliver on the exploration/tomb raiding aspects, but NOPE! Sadly, this is just another downgrade from Sims 3.

And Jesus Christ, that SimGuru and her truly remarkable college-level vocabulary - "And like this", "So like that", "Like, you know what I... like.. mean", "And like, my Sim's like, an archaeologist, and she can like, go and like...", "We can't see inside, but like, if you were to like, go down to like, the next floor, like, you won't be able to see anything that's, like, below this..."
Makes me wanna, like, fling myself of like... a cliff or like.. something. Goddess preserve me.
Scholar
#2214 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:16 AM
Okay so Bienchen's pimples mod was causing problems (MCCC error) Roburky's is fine.
Field Researcher
#2215 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:48 AM
I was referring to alternative transportation options that could be seemingly “confusing.” If they felt like options like this were confusing, they would not have added boats.

If they ever add cars, I assume they’re function quite the same.

I beg your pardon! Apologies and yes I agree.
Instructor
#2216 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:41 AM
I took a quick glimpse at the new object catalog--I spotted at least three new chairs! (Plus a barstool.) I bet LGR is ecstatic.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Forum Resident
#2217 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
Scholar
#2218 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:45 AM
I would have loved to actually be involved in the thought process of solving the puzzles, as a player, but alas there are no actual puzzles, just randomized clicking. There doesn't seem to be any real tension either, since all you need is a bit of archeology skill, and you'll get the answers handed to you. There's no real inventiveness or creativity involved, sad to say. That said, I like the idea of being able to bring a tent and the other items that lets you stay in the temple for as long as your provisions last. Technically your toddler could live their entire toddler age inside the temple and go home as a child. LOL! Well, unless there's a time limit, but I don't think they mentioned that. Either way, I'm amused by the idea.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#2219 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:47 AM
I only watched the part of the stream where they covered the Build and Buy objects. I'm so in love with the new stove and refrigerator. I'd love to have that fridge in real life. The cabinets and counters are nice too.
Forum Resident
#2220 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:06 AM
I had to chuckle when someone pointed out the styled bathroom didn't have a toilet.
Scholar
#2221 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I had to chuckle when someone pointed out the styled bathroom didn't have a toilet.

I missed that! That's so bad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2222 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:18 PM
That EA quality control!

And you are all telling me that the tomb layouts do not change, but the puzzle requirements do? Why make something as big as World Adventures, which had tombs galore, into a game pack... which has one.

They should have just added a normal vacation world, because adventure is too much for a game pack and those portals come across as padding until you get to the main tomb.

Game Packs has such a good track record.

Field Researcher
#2223 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:28 PM
That EA quality control!

And you are all telling me that the tomb layouts do not change, but the puzzle requirements do? Why make something as big as World Adventures, which had tombs galore, into a game pack... which has one.

They should have just added a normal vacation world, because adventure is too much for a game pack and those portals come across as padding until you get to the main tomb.

Game Packs has such a good track record.

I thought the tomb lay outs changed? They said there are 5? But the traps may not be the same. Either way 5 isn't s great number. WA has nearly 30.

Maybe they tried to squeeze it in to make the game more "dangerous" there has been lots of justified criticisms about the game being too safe and boring.

I did have to laugh when the skeleton just wandered by them, not a care in the world and never to be seen again in the temple. Danger? I think not.
Mad Poster
#2224 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM
I thought I heard them say layout, traps/objects and solutions change in the stream?
dodgy builder
#2225 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:26 PM
I like the outdoor fireplace. The kitchen isn't quite the same as the other parts in the pack, but I guess we don't have that many modern kitchens. I don't really like the chunky style though.
Page 89 of 185