Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#6326 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Things that we might get: a-furry-snowman-penguin-costumes.

AACK! Don't give them any ideas!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6327 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Things that might be omitted: temperature, head stroke, freezing (either and all one of them).
Things that we might get: a-furry-snowman-penguin-costumes.

I think I'm gonna die...

Their damn ambition to expand that faux-fur couture collection is going to drive me into a state of catatonia!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6328 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I wonder who would want to buy a Spring themed GP, since everyday, it always looks like Spring anyway...

Whales.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#6329 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:59 PM
I'm just thinking they will ignore the entire Seasons thing and do some off the wall EP that no one wants or expects.....and then of course come up with some stupid ass GP or SP that has the rest of the crap that was supposed to be in the EP. Something like another stupid Backyard Party thing. A special Swimming Pool Party Expansion Pack. Sunscreen not included..look for that in the exclusive Stuff pack.

Is it wrong that I went over to Paradox forum and shamelessly pledge my eternal loyalty and promised to pre-order everything if they would make a sims like sandbox life simulator game for the established sims community? :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6330 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:13 AM
Ugh, I can totally wait for this year’s spring/summer outdoor party pack...

Perfect Patio...
Romantic Garden...
Backyard Stuff
Toddler Stuff...

What could they possibly add?

Theorist
#6331 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Perfect Patio...
Romantic Garden...
Backyard Stuff
Toddler Stuff...

I low-key really liked Backyard stuff .-.

#guiltyconfessions
Field Researcher
#6332 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:25 AM

Perfect Patio...
Romantic Garden...
Backyard Stuff
Toddler Stuff...

More Chairs of course....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6333 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:35 AM
All but the chair anyone actually wants.

Lounge chairs. <3

Field Researcher
#6334 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:56 AM Last edited by thevogel : 10th Mar 2018 at 2:12 AM.
All but the chair anyone actually wants.

Lounge chairs. <3

Oh no no no...we can't have those... remember "the animations are too hard to create" And that lame ass excuse is the reason I stopped buying anything else and uninstalled the game. If they "can't" make a lounger for the stupid backyard and pool....then Fuck it, I "can't" be bothered to pay for another damn thing in this game.

I'm sure they could come up with some plastic looking thing with flowers on it though
Instructor
#6335 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:50 AM
The only thing I can see them adding to make a standalone summer pack worthwhile is a new world with a functional beach? With some additional activities to take part in on said beach, like sandcastle building, burying sims in the sand as a prank, volleyball, frisbee, sunbathing, swimming in the ocean, snorkelling, seashell collectables (I don't play the game, so I'm not 100% sure if any of this already exists). Other additions would just be the usual ones like more CAS items (sun hats, new swim suits) and build & buy objects - additional out door furniture, and swimming pool accessories (floats, slides, etc).
Top Secret Researcher
#6336 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:09 PM
Okay, hear me out to the end before rushing to the disagree button, ok? So, what if, what if! it is a good idea for the seasons to be separated into 4 GPs? Yeah I know "*gasp!* outrageous", and yes I agree it is utter bullshit! BUT EA has clearly given an objective for the sims 4 development teams to use as little time as possible on the sims games (more packs, less time, more money). So with such little time for each project, the devs usually end up making half-assed expansion packs. But if each season was a separate GP project, they could put way more effort into all the seasons and activities than if it was all in one expansion pack. That's a positive way to look at this?
Lab Assistant
#6337 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Okay, hear me out to the end before rushing to the disagree button, ok? So, what if, what if! it is a good idea for the seasons to be separated into 4 GPs? Yeah I know "*gasp!* outrageous", and yes I agree it is utter bullshit! BUT EA has clearly given an objective for the sims 4 development teams to use as little time as possible on the sims games (more packs, less time, more money). So with such little time for each project, the devs usually end up making half-assed expansion packs. But if each season was a separate GP project, they could put way more effort into all the seasons and activities than if it was all in one expansion pack. That's a positive way to look at this?

Honestly, your icon suits you so well. I love Maya!

It is nice if they do actually put more time into it but, like... I'd jsut end up buying the whole game in 5 years at a Target when the price has been slashed 8 times, lol. I do not want to pay that much for a full rotation of seasons!
Lab Assistant
#6338 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:22 PM

Ehhhh... No thank you. $80 dollars for all 4 seasons is extremely steep. I'd rather they all come together or get nothing at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#6339 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
Honestly, your icon suits you so well. I love Maya!

Hehe, thanks! Maya is the best.

Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Ehhhh... No thank you. $80 dollars for all 4 seasons is extremely steep. I'd rather they all come together or get nothing at all.

Well, you can't say I didn't try to push out a new thought
Mad Poster
#6340 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:46 PM

That is a very stretch theory. Either way, If it were true it would be pitiful to have 1 expansion decent/great than the other four (assuming the development, production will end there, otherwise things that come after other 5 or more EP in total would be dog shit hands down when comparing).
Field Researcher
#6341 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:51 PM Last edited by thevogel : 11th Mar 2018 at 8:19 AM.

Look I'm not going to bash you around for this... I understand where you are coming from...to a degree....

But what you have to understand is, pandering to the excuses they have given us as to why they can't do this and can't do that and giving them permission to go ahead and break up the Season and make us pay for each one...that IS utter bullshit. Especially since they had no problem providing season EP in older versions of the game with older technology. You are honestly going to believe that with today's technology, even with the shitty model they used for TS4, that somehow they can't make it rain, snow, and leaves fall off trees??? That's a load of crap! If they can spend countless hours creating animation for a fucking Talking Toilet...then they can provide a fully fleshed out Season EP and not charge up the ass for it. Them breaking it up so they can get 4 times the money is highway robbery. That's why the burglar is not in the game... EA/Maxis is the burglar.
Top Secret Researcher
#6342 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Look I'm not going to bash you around for this... I understand where you are coming from...to a degree....

But what you have to understand is, pandering to the excuses they have given us as to why they can't to this and can't do that and giving them permission to go ahead and break up the Season and make us pay for each one...that IS utter bullshit. Especially since they had no problem providing season EP in older versions of the game with older technology. You are honestly going to believe that with today's technology, even with the shitty model they used for TS4, that somehow they can't make it rain, snow, and leaves fall off trees??? That's a load of crap! If they can spend countless hours creating animation for a fucking Talking Toilet...then they can provide a fully fleshed out Season EP and not charge up the ass for it. Them breaking it up so they can get 4 times the money is highway robbery. That's why the burglar is not in the game... EA/Maxis is the burglar.

Well I do agree with you and of course I don't believe they aren't capable skill-wise to do this or that - those are only excuses. Though, I do believe that the time for each project could be ridiculously short because I've got experience in this line of work.
But honestly I'm just trying to view this from a perspective of, "how could the sims 4 games be done better with their present money-grabbing methods" since they aren't going to change that. I don't think they'll ever go back to the better days of making fully fleshed games like the s2 or s3?
Mad Poster
#6343 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:44 AM
I think a huge issue is a lack of funds. They just do not budget enough to Sims. As we know the big breadwinners are the mobile games and their profits are far less for PC games. They spend the most where they get the most back.
Forum Resident
#6344 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:12 AM
they spent more money on sims 2 and sims 3 sims 4 got less money
Field Researcher
#6345 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:23 AM
Well I do agree with you and of course I don't believe they aren't capable skill-wise to do this or that - those are only excuses. Though, I do believe that the time for each project could be ridiculously short because I've got experience in this line of work.
But honestly I'm just trying to view this from a perspective of, "how could the sims 4 games be done better with their present money-grabbing methods" since they aren't going to change that. I don't think they'll ever go back to the better days of making fully fleshed games like the s2 or s3?

I gotcha .... I get it. You're not wrong. It just sucks out loud that they can get away with it.
Mad Poster
#6346 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:12 AM
In a way they are making Fords and not Mercedes now. There is a market for the Fords. As long as folks buy what they are making they will continue down this path. I would like to see them head back to a higher end game if 5 happens, but my guess is that will not happen.
Forum Resident
#6347 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:34 AM
they will milk sims series till it is dry
Field Researcher
#6348 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 5:21 AM Last edited by thevogel : 13th Mar 2018 at 7:53 PM.
Sometimes I really wish EA would just go belly up. With all their Greedy grubby loot boxing crap...all I want to do is scream profanities at them until I've said every foul word possible and make up a few as I go along.

Playing the sims is supposed to be fun and engaging, and a place to lose yourself for a few hours in whatever world you've created. It's not supposed to piss you off the second you see a teaser trailer for the next totally useless EP, GP, or SP they have come up with. They have turned it into a joke...most of the gaming community wont even acknowledge The Sims as a real game...it's a Baby game for kids. And they have ruined the reputation of the past versions too all because of TS4.

But yeah... They will Milk it and cash in on for as long as possible. And I really would not be surprised if they shelf it after this. They will be making good money on all those packs for a long time.
Banned
#6349 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 7:42 AM
anyone else whishes the city living awful expansion would be like sims 2 apartment life? to be able to build your own apartment buildings? and even if the game engine cannot take more than 6 floors (2 basements + 4 ground up floors) you could do 2 levels and put in the middle empty "cardboxes" of buildings shells as city living is. just design from scratch the apartment areas and architecture. make a 4 floor with 4 apartments (or more if you like) and divide those floors with empty shells. dont you think that would be better???
Theorist
#6350 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
In a way they are making Fords and not Mercedes now. There is a market for the Fords. As long as folks buy what they are making they will continue down this path. I would like to see them head back to a higher end game if 5 happens, but my guess is that will not happen.

Ford? Sims 3 was a ford. Sims 4 is more like...

A really expensive children's toy pretending to be a nice car trying more and more to sell itself on nostalgia than it's own merit.
Locked thread
Page 254 of 447