Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5251 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I honestly can't get past Beatrice and Benedick being siblings. As a long-time fan of "Much Ado About Nothing," seeing that squicked me so much I had to just exit out of the hood. I've never actually tried to play it.

Maybe it's just me, but I picture Antonio and Hero sitting down at a baby name generator and flipping through all the names. "Beatrice, that's pretty, and it kind of sounds like your baby sister's name . . . let's do that." "But what are we going to do for the boy twin?" "They're twins, he should have a 'B' name too, and three syllables." "How about Benedick? 'Bene' means good, right?" "Yes! Benedick and Beatrice!"

Clearly my Antonio and Hero are more clueless than yours. But also, Shakespeare was not a sim, so they don't know they're sorta-semi-cluelessly-inspired by Shakespearean characters. (My son is currently dancing the role of Nick Bottom. I may be being too generous with sorta-semi-cluelessly-inspired.)

Yeah, I rename the Summerdream kids as Robin and Peaseblossom. So when Peaseblossom was little, she couldn't pronounce the letter 's', and her pronunciation came out badly. Really badly. And Robin will beat anyone up who repeats it now, so there!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5252 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:59 AM
If a Sim watches the cooking channel on TV while relaxing in bed, they still gain cooking skills even though the progress bar doesn't appear. They can also watch it even if the TV is facing the wrong way, though this might be a hack.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#5253 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:12 PM
I gave my game-generated nanny a makeover (I mean she literally had a mohawk) and tried adding some makeup on her. Turns out you shouldn't add makeup on nannies because doing so will make their face disappear for whatever reason.
Mad Poster
#5254 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I gave my game-generated nanny a makeover (I mean she literally had a mohawk) and tried adding some makeup on her. Turns out you shouldn't add makeup on nannies because doing so will make their face disappear for whatever reason.

If you use a modded object of your choice to bring up the change appearance menu again, it should be fixed. Can also make her controllable and use a mirror. So far it's worked fine for me on every NPC that's lost their face when I make changes like add makeup or change hair.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5255 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:43 AM
Bald Sims grow hair when they're electrocuted!

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5256 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:37 PM
I've discovered that Andrew likes cleaning, but he doesn't like me telling him to clean things. Which is interesting, considering that he's a Virgo and he happily cleans things autonomously. I'm afraid I think I know the reason: he's known me a long time and he's sussed me out! Andrew and I have known each other since 2012, and I'm afraid he knows me all to well: he's realised that I'm a lazy messy slob. I think he's telling me, "I like cleaning when I decide to do it. But you! Considering the mess that you live in, what right do you think you have to tell me to clean things? Clean up your own mess, and then you'll get a lot more respect." And the trouble is, I know he's right.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#5257 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
My keyboard is English, which does not make it easier when you speak french, but this is what I'm with now.

In Windows you can set two "default" keyboard and switch between one and the other with shift+alt. It still requires you to remember where each key is! But at least we have a § key!
Mad Poster
#5258 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th Feb 2018 at 2:51 AM.
Yes I know, but that won't change the keys and the visual of the keyboard.
It actually makes it harder, because you have to know what does what and you cannot relay on what you see.
I much prefer a french keyboard as English does not need weird characters, but french does. Typing English on a french keyboard? easy. Typing french on an English one?..a pain in dabot.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#5259 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:30 AM
I think typing English on a French keyboard is a pain in dabot! I was writing an exam and somehow managed to trigger the switch between languages. Suddenly all my punctuation was coming out as accented e's and whatnot, and I hadn't a clue how to change it back. I didn't want to disturb anybody by asking, so I just had to write my tutor an apology in the middle of an essay and carry on like that!
Inventor
#5260 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:32 AM
I discovered that searching for adult male pajamas can lead you to strange places on the internet.
Forum Resident
#5261 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 12:39 PM
I had my sim Paul on a date
Then there comes the “you and my friend will match well” from the partner I was dating. I was just clicking yes. After one interaction he said the same
I know everyone I talking hearts about him but I didn’t know you could be invited on a date while being on a date and then be invited on a new date while dating...
This town is weird xD

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#5262 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:26 AM
That Sun&Moon's winemaking set adds wine as a snack from the fridge. And Sims can autonomously choose it. Including children...

I'm not sure whether my neighbourhood's social worker should pay a visit.

Lab Assistant
#5263 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:31 PM
I discovered that a Cat can sit on a bay window and look out. Seems quite realistic, haha.
Mad Poster
#5264 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I think typing English on a French keyboard is a pain in dabot! I was writing an exam and somehow managed to trigger the switch between languages. Suddenly all my punctuation was coming out as accented e's and whatnot, and I hadn't a clue how to change it back. I didn't want to disturb anybody by asking, so I just had to write my tutor an apology in the middle of an essay and carry on like that!

Yes! Because you switched the language..My point exactly. You see English on your keyboard...but when you type, it shows you stuff that is not supposed to..
But if your keyboard is English and your language for it is also English, no painIndabotz.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5265 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:07 PM
I discovered that it's a bad idea to ask an apartment neighbour on an outing and then attempt to leave the lot. They won't come along but will rather hide in their apartment while my active sims spend hours "going somewhere" and the only option is to quit without saving.
Mad Poster
#5266 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:18 PM
Same with dates. It's better to get a cel phone, go to the lot, and call the outing or date from there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#5267 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 11:51 AM
What? I can't have groceries delivered if I don't have a fridge? Whatever happened to non-perishables? Well, they keep chips in the fridge.

Wow, it's been a while since I had a household that couldn't afford a fridge, and I thought hey, I need to buy some groceries for instant noodles to use at the common area microwave oven. Darn it, sim logic...
Mad Poster
#5268 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:31 AM
When practicing with the medical dummy, Sims can find a toy horse, a hamburger, or a phone inside it...and hastily shove it back inside in horror.

Mad Poster
#5269 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:32 AM
Actually, my practicing doctor pixels sometimes throw those items over their shoulder, presumably in a near by container. They're using the hacked surgical station that allows sims to be on it while they're 'practicing'. Funny as hell to watch this happen.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#5270 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:06 PM
i discovered that rain slides of the slates on the roof
Screenshots

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5271 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Actually, my practicing doctor pixels sometimes throw those items over their shoulder, presumably in a near by container.

My sims alternate, usually tossing whatever they find over their shoulder nonchalantly, and then every so often looking horrified and shoving it back into the dummy.
Lab Assistant
#5272 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
My sims alternate, usually tossing whatever they find over their shoulder nonchalantly, and then every so often looking horrified and shoving it back into the dummy.

And their choices when to do which animation are usually questionable: Oh, a heart? Pffft, can do without it. A burger? O s***, better get that back inside ASAP!
Mad Poster
#5273 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:09 PM
Yesterday, I discovered that townies can end up alien-pregnant. I just wanted to see if a Sim not in the household could get abducted.

Mad Poster
#5274 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:21 AM
When Clean Installer for whatever reason doesn't detect duplicate files, HCDU apparently will!

Quote:
87 possible conflicts detected.
(For context, I usually have about 8.)

No idea why Clean Installer is being so useless, but thanks, HCDU!
Top Secret Researcher
#5275 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:12 PM
I discovered today that if the Head Master in the get the child in to Private School scenario gets into a Hot Tub during the scenario, that 10 bonus points are added.

Previously I had gotten 10 bonus points for the Head Master takes a Drink from the Bar during a Party, but this is the first where I got points for him getting into the Hot Tub autonomously.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Page 211 of 442