Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 9:33 PM Last edited by _wholelottalove : 13th Apr 2006 at 9:54 PM.
Wonderful Tutorial! Thank you.

Very Very Helpful!

~brittneyleigh~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 10:59 PM Last edited by jugadordsims2 : 17th Apr 2006 at 11:11 PM.
Hi, there is something that I don't understand is this to categorize costume hair in the right color section?? If it isn't could someone please tell me where I could find a tutorial to do that?

Thanks in advance
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 4:36 AM
im happy people find this useful
jugadordsims2 , its for catergorizing CUSTOM hairstlyes (downloaded ones by the community, or by you, etc)

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:44 PM
Thanks sooo much, callum91
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
As for "family" settings. You don't really have to do this. I usually don't but some people like to. All it does is go from one hairstyle to the same one when you click on a different color. To do that:

1. Click on the "Family Keys in this Package" box.
2. Check the package you want to catagorize.
3. Click "Set family to all skins in checked packages".
4. Then just save your changes.

ah, that explains why my simple mesh and compulsive D meshes were somehow coming up together when i tried to recolor them... heh.

Thanks so much Callum for this awesome tutorial. you've honestly made my day.
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 1:59 AM
Sorry to bother you again. But I was just wondering if by muck them up u mean that they look different than how they are supposed to? (that's what happened to me)

Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 11:24 AM
jugadordsims2 , Yea, by muck up, i mean, mess it up/screw it up, or go wrong.

Thats why you should make backups
How do you mean, they look different?

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 5:02 PM
you could see right through the hair!! I didn't really back up because it was my first download and it seemed easier to just download it a again. after I downloaded another hair it worked great. Finally I can have my sims know what colour their hair is!! YAY

Thank you soo much!!

EDIT: I had downloaded the hair before reinstalling my sims and they hair was beautiful and worked great
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 10:57 AM
thanks, this helps alot.

-Mused
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 11:52 PM
Hi Callum. Excuse my ignorance and my bad english as well. You sure explain quite well in the tutorial, even for me (The truth, I don't speak english) I have Datgen 0.7.7.0148 I don't have any skin manager on it, I downloaded the v0.7.12 and still can't find it. A little help please? :S
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#36 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 1:19 AM
Nanggel, this tutorial is ancient and outdated. Try one of the other ones if this one doesn't work for you. I last used it a year and a half ago.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:08 AM
okay i know that this is probably the wrong place to be posting this, but I don't know where else to go. I can't figure out the whole graying hair... and I was wondering if somebody could make like a graying at the temples kind of deal/ Or if there is something out there could you please tell me where to find it! I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!
Page 2 of 2