Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#4126 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 1:27 PM
Thanks lordtyger9, I always forget there are some handy mods out there to help business.
There's something else I forgot to complain about: there's always a shopper who just doesn't want to buy anything and yet keeps coming back. Trying to sell something to them results in a negative sales reaction, but leaving them alone also results in a failed sale and negative customer stars. They also prevent other costumers from buying the thing they're looking at and as long as they're trying to buy something you can't send them away. There's always going to be dissatisfied customers, but no one keeps going to a shop they don't like to the point they start hating it - and then keep coming.
Sigh...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4127 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 1:29 PM
That's when I break out the Visitor Controller and ban them. Same thing with customers who constantly pick fights with the other customers. Denise Jacquet and Melody Tinker have both gotten themselves banned from a few places.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#4128 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:22 PM
When ACR stops giving me dialog boxes when sims woohoo. No setting have changed since the last time the game started up, but it just hates me i guess
Mad Poster
#4129 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:53 PM
Take out the ACR controller object. It's under the options somewhere. I wish I could be more specific.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4130 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:32 PM
If you mean the trying to try and try for baby dialogs, it'll stop giving the boxes when sims are no longer autonomously trying. If their aspiration/number of kids scores combine in such a way that it's no longer possible for a roll to "pass" the checks, it stops rolling and therefore has no dialog box to show.
Lab Assistant
#4131 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Take out the ACR controller object. It's under the options somewhere. I wish I could be more specific.

If you just mean the option to enable the notifications, it's enabled. I've even disabled and reenabled it a few times. Funnily enough though after posting, and without altering any settings, it started to work. Just once, so who knows hopefully it keeps up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4132 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 11:45 PM
@Isa-WP] there's always a shopper who just doesn't want to buy anything and yet keeps coming back. Trying to sell something to them results in a negative sales reaction, but leaving them alone also results in a failed sale and negative customer stars. They also prevent other costumers from buying the thing they're looking at and as long as they're trying to buy something you can't send them away. There's always going to be dissatisfied customers, but no one keeps going to a shop they don't like to the point they start hating it - and then keep coming.
Sigh...[/QUOTE]

Most times I have my sim go greet>have a chat>say goodbye. Most of my sims are playable though. If the sim is an NPC I click on the business runs you sign and "make bugger off" it's wording lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4133 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Isa-WP
there's always a shopper who just doesn't want to buy anything and yet keeps coming back. Trying to sell something to them results in a negative sales reaction, but leaving them alone also results in a failed sale and negative customer stars. They also prevent other costumers from buying the thing they're looking at and as long as they're trying to buy something you can't send them away. There's always going to be dissatisfied customers, but no one keeps going to a shop they don't like to the point they start hating it - and then keep coming.
Sigh...

I like to have a $0 object (for example, I might have a boat from the toybox set for sale, which flags as $0) in shops where this is a problem. Free restock, and though no money is made from its sale, "useless" customers can stay there and slowly build up positive scores from being entertained and talked to - and sometimes the item sells anyway because the algorithm assumes everything costs money.
Mad Poster
#4134 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 5:56 AM
I know that a lot of times it can't be helped, but I always wince a bit when I see screenshots on uploads with the antialiasing turned off.

Field Researcher
#4135 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:26 AM
Vending machines! I'm almost at the point of ripping them out of all community lots that have them. I'm so tired of everyone congregating in front of the vending machine and stamping their feet. Sims don't bother to check whether the vending machine is already in use before deciding they desperately have to use it; once they've finished staring into it, they stand right in front of it instead of walking away, making the next sim stamp and cause pile-ups.

Come to think of it, surely someone's modded the vending machines not to advertise so strongly, or not to be fun any more? Or even disable the "browse" interaction, so that sims can buy a bag of chips if they're hungry but won't think staring through the glass at junk food is a bigger draw than playing pool or meeting anyone.
Scholar
#4136 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:46 AM
I do have some pet-peeves with this game but I can't help but to forgive it flaws because it does a lot of things better than it sequels do and honestly what more could I ask for except for story progression,open world and yeah I think you've already got the point.
Forum Resident
#4137 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:33 PM
Getting a ton of messages about how neglecting homework and skipping class is bad and may result in a visit from the social services that keep on appearing even when you've already done everything you can about it because it's a weekend.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#4138 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 2:32 PM
*silly voice* "Unfortunately you can't have more than 8 sims in the household." I don't want him to move in. I just want to marry him...

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#4139 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 6:14 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 26th Aug 2018 at 9:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
*silly voice* "Unfortunately you can't have more than 8 sims in the household." I don't want him to move in. I just want to marry him...

@Kligma
If you don't want a Sim to move in, but you want to marry that Sim, the solution is to use The Sim Blender to set them as Married...I have not checked, but I am thinking that you could also use The Sim Manipulator or InSimenator. Anyway check to see if Manipulator or InSimenator has the function if you have them.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Inventor
#4140 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 6:57 AM
What the freaking cabbage - do I really have to add the Snuck Out memory for the other sim again?! I'll forever wonder why EAxis only gives it to the playable sneaking out but not to the person he went with (and no memory for learning the nursery rhyme, never forgetting that).
Forum Resident
#4141 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Kligma
If you don't want a Sim to move in, but you want to marry that Sim, the solution is to use The Sim Blender to set them as Married...I have not checked, but I am thinking that you could also use The Sim Manipulator or InSimenator. Anyway check to see if Manipulator or InSimenator has the function if you have them.

It got sorted out this time as another sim wanted to move out, but I'll remember this for next time. Thanks!

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#4142 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 29th Aug 2018 at 4:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma

You need a mod that lets you have more than 8 people living in your household.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640

Here ya go. It's not the one I use, so I haven't tried it. But google hates me today and won't let me find mine.

Alternative is Christianluv's mirror to summon someone. Once summoned, they are in your household. Then you can marry them. I don't know whether mine only works that way because I have a mod that allows for more than eight sims, though.

The one I use is called lot full of sims and it's ooooold. I thought I got it here, but I can't find it.

The one I linked says you can have 50. I've found that it gets cumbersome to deal with more than about 12 or 13, though. When my families hit 20, I start moving people out.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4143 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
@Kligma http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...=42673#pid42673 is the unlimited sims mod I use. So you now have a couple options to chose from.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#4144 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:57 PM
If for some reason a sim gets distracted and puts down a bowl of mush on the floor instead of the highchair tray, said bowl of mush becomes totally un-clean-up-able.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Test Subject
#4145 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:50 PM
If you have an outdoor table and chairs, the sims will go and sit there instead of sitting at the table indoors (if the weather is bad for example and you want them inside) - and even if the rest of the family is sat indoors, one sim will go and sit outside separately. For that reason, I never have a dining set outside.
Test Subject
#4146 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:05 AM
I wish there were more than 2 body types in the base game. It's not a big deal to me, but it'd be really cool to have some chubbier body types and different body proportions. I'd also love to customize height, but none of the Sims games let you do that.
Scholar
#4147 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feargarden
I wish there were more than 2 body types in the base game. It's not a big deal to me, but it'd be really cool to have some chubbier body types and different body proportions. I'd also love to customize height, but none of the Sims games let you do that.

Agree, especially since the default 'fat' is hardly even differentiable from slim. 1-day-in pregnant sim bellies are more noticeable. Where's the beer bellies?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#4148 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Where's the beer bellies?

Beer bellies are on the male sims. The women just get big butts.

At least that's noticeable. What annoys me is that "fit" and "normal" appear to use the same mesh. If a sim is fully dressed you can't really tell whether they're fit or not. It would have been nice to have a little bit of muscle meshed onto the "fit" ones and not just abs painted on the skin.
Lab Assistant
#4149 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:28 PM
The sims constantly playing catch! With quick google, i couldn't find hack for disabling that. It would be okay if they did it sometimes, but my sims do it constantly! I want more interesting interactions!
Mad Poster
#4150 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:34 PM
I don't mind that one. It keeps them out of my hair for a while. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 166 of 274