Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 2:40 PM Last edited by SecretX : 13th Nov 2018 at 11:10 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Ramdisk issue (error 5 acces denied) on win 10 (Solved)
Dear Simmers who play The Sims 3 with Ramdisk or have knowledge in data processing,
I really need your help, as described in tittle , I play The Sims 3 with a ramdisk programm (SoftPerfect Ramdisk) a huge alternative to run faster and smoother the game.
But here is my problem, since I discover we can move mod folder to Ramdisk (only if you have 16Gb ram or more) , as I didn't know how to edit the Ramdisk size without recreate a new one, I deleted the previous Ramdisk to restart a new one.
I successed twice to create an image file (11GB) but I wanted a 12GB image file, and I decided to do that a next time.
In the meantime , I had enough to use my hotmail account name to logging to my laptop, so I edit to use an another name and password to loggin directly without to use outlook or hotmail account.
In fact, when I back to Ramdisk programm, it's impossible to create an image file, I get an error message Error 5: Access Denied !
My account is already set as administrator, I tried for an another Ramdisk programm, I still get that error message, Tried different drive, C or E, same results, and size also...
I'm on Windows 10, and now I can't play The Sims 3 with ramdisk, and when I play without, It doesn t run faster and smoother...I'm really desesperate if there is no solution...
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#3 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 9:15 AM
What is this post doing here? Shouldn't it be in help? It much easier to find the right people if you post in the right place.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm going to tag @papaemy in this one.

The OP has already discuss this with me in PM and I am unable to help her b/c of my lack of knowledge with Win 10. I don't believe this is a ramdisk issue b/c she tried 2 different ramdisk program. I think it has to do with Win 10's admin privilege or something.

I never use SoftPerfect RAMDisk before, but from what described above, I think it has nothing to do with Win 10's admin privilege either, but rather it's because when the image was created; the OP was logged in to Win 10 with his/her email account that registered with Microsoft account. I think this is the one that made the image cannot be access, because I think (or I assume) when the image was load the SoftPerfect RAMDisk recognizes that it was being load with different user, not the original user when the image was created.

So by switching to another user name and password account, means the OP was using his/her local account to login to Windows, in Windows 10 the user can create Microsoft account (by registering the user email address) or by creating local account (in local SSD or HDD), the user can switch anytime back and forth but both accounts were not recognized as one account, so I think in this case the OP needs to logout from his/her local account and log back in with his/her Microsoft account (hotmail account name) and then try to load the image back again.

If that still not working either then I'm sorry I'm afraid I can't help the OP any further because I never use the SoftPerfect RAMDisk program, but from what was described, the only thing I can think of was because the OP tried to access the image with a different user account.

I'd recommend to use ROG RAMDisk instead as it's more simple to use and it can be use in any type and brand of motherboard as long as it has enough RAM to spare, the user won't need to create any image to use, just copy the TS3 (or any) folder to the RAMDrive and that's it, I attached ROG RAMDISK installer if anyone want to try it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ROG_RAMDisk_Win7-8-81-10_V20206.zip (9.65 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:01 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Moved to help

I solved my problem, you can delete the thread, thank you very much to PapaEmy and Nitromon
X X X
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:26 PM
Cool, you mind sharing how it was solved? Other people may have similar problems and this thread can help them.

Might be helpful indeed for others to figure it out! That's why deleting solved threads could make it so people with the same issue will never figure out how to fix it themselves, which would be pretty sad! So threads like these are always awesome for the fact that they exist... if you really want to remove it though, you could delete it yourself. But if you want to do so yourself, click on edit the very first reply on this thread and scroll down till you see "delete options". It should be on "Do not delete" by default but when you click "delete message" in theory it should delete the entire thread. But I would really reconsider it. Although the choice is yours of course!
Site Helper
#9 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:49 PM
Now that it's moved to Help, the OP can't delete it anymore, can they? I was under the impression that threads in Help can only be deleted by an admin.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 2:33 PM
Cool, you mind sharing how it was solved? Other people may have similar problems and this thread can help them.

Well as PapaEmy said, I have to back to my Hotmail account instead local account. But be back to my previous account didn't solve my problem, because I always have the error issue when I use Softperfect Ramdisk and Rog asus ramdisk (advice by papaemy).
In other way, I give a try again to ImDisk programm, and I success to make a Ramdisk easily !
SHORT TUTORIAL
No need to create an image file, once you download the programm, you have 3 icons on Desktop (they look like Golden CD), click on Ramdisk configuration
And now you can set the size of your ramdisk and the Letter of your ramdisk, check windows starter and create a TempFile and THAT S IT !
When you make junction links to your ramdisk, don t forget to put The letter of your ramdisk and Temp. (Exemple: F:\Temp)
Here is a link to download the programm : https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/ I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT , more easier than Softperfect and no limit for the size of your RAM !