Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 4:13 AM
Default save game location
hello, sorry to bother. i was wondering where is the save game location for sims 1? i want to save two families for when i reinstall. i searched but there was not too much info. some said to backup userdata, others said to backup the houses folder. any help appreciated, thank you.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:42 PM
You can either save the family and lot, and import them to your game when you reinstall, or else you can save an entire neighborhood and copy that in to your new game.

The save games and userdata are in the location where you installed your game- which is Program Files(x86)\Maxis\The Sims by default. These files are (unless you changed it) protected by UAC, so for this reason I would recommend to reinstall to a location outside of the Windows or Program Files folders; I always create a folder called C:\Games, so my game is installed to C:\Games\Maxis\The Sims.

To save your entire neighbourhood, note the neighbourhood number and exit the game. Copy the entire Userdata folder for your hood- which is by default Program Files(x86)\Maxis\The Sims\Userdatax where x is the neighbourhood number. That folder can then be copied into your new game installation- you can renumber this folder (so call it Userdata9 if you like) to have more than the standard 8 neighbourhoods.

Here are instructions for importing a specific family/ house to a new hood:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...oz&guccounter=1
See the comment by 'Peezo Puffer'.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 11:55 PM
thank you for the very detailed and helpful post simsample!