Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
OP,

You should probably reinstall to start from scratch. I think the following threads were helpful for stopping the pink flashing in my own game (haven't had any pink since, and I currently play on a Macbook Pro circa 2016 with a bootcamp partition.)

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7909

There are videos in there that are quite helpful as well. I have one more resource that has always helped me figure out graphics rules - which is this old SimsVIP article: https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-...solution-guide/ and another that sadly isn't around anymore, but I'll see if I can find it.

The reason I'm putting those in is that there's only a few things in the graphics rules.sgr file that you need to edit, and you only need to edit those things in the file associated with the HIGHEST EP YOU HAVE.

Sorry for the caps, but it's really important, as it looks like you edited everything and may have borked those files (not sure, hence a recommendation for a reinstall). Highest EP = the one that you're running the game from, so in UC that's Mansion and Garden, and in Super Collection that's Bon Voyage (later EPs and SPs weren't ported over to Mac).

There's two additional places that may be useful: this thread in the help forum here >http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=614833 , and this one on Leefish: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21. I think you should also post in both of those to get some support - the main board isn't really the best place for in depth support questions like this.

Thank you Terula, Suzy and Jo for helping me out. I'm re-installing my game for the third time and I will not put the graphicsrule in every expansion/stuff pack. I got recommended to put it in my base game but I'll only do it to the latest EP. On the Leefish link there are some useful things that I haven't tried so I'll try that out when it fully installs. Thank you all for helping me I really appreciate it <3 Please pray for me
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
There are videos in there that are quite helpful as well. I have one more resource that has always helped me figure out graphics rules - which is this old SimsVIP article: https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-...solution-guide/ and another that sadly isn't around anymore, but I'll see if I can find it.
That article on SimsVip was the best I've ever found on setting resolution. It's so clear and so easy to follow. Since most of the S2 links are going down I copied it and saved it in my 'how to fix it' folder. I wish there were more instructions like that!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
A good explanation I heard once imagined a tube, those not flashing pink have been rendered and are in the tube, the rest can't fit and are flashing. The more you give it to render the more the tube fills then at some point overflows.

That probably came from the following video. There are several possible solutions to the pink flashing offered in this video (turning shaders off, turning settings down, etc.). The OP should watch it all the way through and see if there's anything in it that they haven't tried yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkmxAg7r3Y
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 13th Jan 2019 at 7:31 PM.
Sorry that I am late on this thread. My guess is that the pink flashing is the result of something getting corrupted (in my game it was definitely clothing a while back - and it could be anything, and there is a difference between getting rid of the pink flashing completely or keeping it under control - but that is just my theory).

You are on the UC now and the rules for where to install things are different than when you use the disks. Everyone should perhaps try to keep that in mind. So repair/reinstall and run the (vanilla) game from Origin - if it runs and there is no pink flashing, then you start tweaking the graphics. The UC uses only one game engine - the Mansions & Gardens engine, which is under the Fun with Pets pack in the game files.

There is NO need to uninstall and reinstall with the UC - you can repair the game in Origin (I guess that may be too late for that).Everyone should perhaps keep that in mind too.

There is a graphics card on Leefish somewhere that you can use - here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446. You need to try to install it manually, and it goes here (and ONLY here - in both files):
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Using the 4GB patch is important too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 2:21 PM
The only fix to this glitch is to use the integrated graphics on my pc, so I apologise to everyone that is going through the same problem right now but you sadly have to use the intel graphics. Thank you everyone that helped me out and I really appreciate it but there is sadly no fix to this
Scholar
#31 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:14 PM
beign late too..

honestly - with machine that powerful (for the Sims 2) I'd just quit messing around and run the game in virtual machine with Win7SP1 (even a "liberated one", or one of the trial ISO - in VM it does not matter), at last till there will be a reliable solution, which may never happen.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:29 PM
I think there is a fix for this, it just requires you going back to an older OS which isn't something that many people want to/can do. My game was entirely pink and flashing on Windows10 and even after applying all of the recommended fixes it remained pink and flashing. I bit the bullet and reinstalled an old copy of Windows 8, loaded up my backup game and have had no issues since. Knock on wood of course, but it's been almost a year free of the pink monster.
Alchemist
#33 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 17th Jan 2019 at 1:58 AM.
Another vote for setting up Windows 7, mostly because it lets me bypass Origin easily, and I don't know if it's related, but I've never even seen pink flashing. https://www.howtogeek.com/196060/be...rtual-machines/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 9:58 PM
I got win 7 put on my new machine, It did not prevent the pink flashing. I just keep on deleting the thumbnails whenever it starts up. Which is probably once every two weeks or so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#35 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 10:24 PM
Agree with Jo. I've had pink flashing with windows 7, but it was on a whole different scale. I only got the flashing after long periods of play. If I rebooted the game, the flashing went away.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#36 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by notis784
The only fix to this glitch is to use the integrated graphics on my pc, so I apologise to everyone that is going through the same problem right now but you sadly have to use the intel graphics. Thank you everyone that helped me out and I really appreciate it but there is sadly no fix to this

I'm so sorry to hear that Notis, but hopefully you're able to play the game at least?

Check on your updates too - one way I've solved this problem in the past is by making sure my windows updates are up to date. I found I had to download one the other night - not all of them send you notifications.

I don't know how virtual PCs work sadly, but if it's anything at all like bootcamp, I'd say it's worth a shot if you're computer savvy enough to set it up (I'm not - I googled so hard for the bootcamp partition and I was stingy with my disk volume out of fear of possibly screwing up my laptop lol)
Scholar
#37 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 4:36 PM
if we're sharing anecdotes then, for example, I've never had any problems like "pink flashing" under W7 (Origin UC installation) except these which I put on by myself - like bad/rouge CC.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 9:13 PM Last edited by gazania : 3rd Feb 2019 at 7:49 PM.
Since I cannot use the 4 GB patch without getting rid of a good chunk of my Happy Holidays stuff (and I'm apparently the only one with this problem, and two Knowledgeable Ones here tried to figure this out as well), I do several things to stall the pink flashing:

1. Delete the thumbnails a few times a week.
2. Remind myself to give the eyeballs and the game a rest after an hour.
3. If I know I'm going to encounter a difficult lot (some are more prone to the flashing than others), I play that lot FIRST. I will quit out, delete the thumbnails if necessary, then restart the game.
4. Make sure any unnecessary programs aren't running. My AV and iTunes are not needed with the game, for instance. I either stop many programs from running at startup (obviously not the AV ... I turn that off only before the game) or stop them in Task Manager. That buys me quite a bit of time.

EDIT ... Forgot one thing ... save frequently. That's not a bad thing to do, even without the flashing.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#39 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:56 AM
If you play TS2 on Origin then yup it's pretty darn glitchy i play on Origin and after a while i have to close down and restart cos it just starts to get all glitchy i don't see any pink flashing but it will start to make the lighting glitch and things in the room looking darker and a bit blue or just general weird things happening with the sims it's to do with TS2 just getting too old and certain textures and coding not exactly being supported anymore in newer operating systems
Page 2 of 2