Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Only if you're using the wrong screen capture program. All I know is that FRAPS works and OBS and the in-game capture tool don't. Actually, speaking of that, I updated to Reshade 3.1.something recently and it's let me reorganize the rendering priority. I believe the shaders now render before the final game composite frame rather than after, so maybe the game capture tool can see the shaders now. I really haven't thought to try.

Alright, I'll try FRAPS.

@HarVee Faster way to kill would be just hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc to go straight to task manager.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:04 PM
I have to play windowed mode because I found myself losing track of the time way too often in full screen and ending up playing for too long.
Site Helper
#28 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:46 PM
I play fullscreen. If I'm gaming, I am not paying attention to anything else, so even if I had the game windowed to be able to see the time at the bottom of the screen, I would be ignoring it and losing track of time anyway. And, for me, it seems to run better in fullscreen.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#29 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 7:13 AM
@AGuyCalledPi

So how do you get fraps to take accurate screenshots? It is not capturing effects e.g. my aa settings at all, it works just like hitting C, in fact, it takes identical shots when compared to using in-game capture tool.

Very obvious with the chairs:
Fraps, bright no effects vs Sharex, dark with effects.

I took both shots in fullscreen. Neither screenshots show how my game actually looks like.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:09 PM
Fraps is supposed to capture the game's window, no ifs or buts. I've never heard of it not functioning properly.with Reshade.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 5:26 PM
These are just Nvidia Inspector effects.

Guess I waltz back to boardless windowless gaming.
Scholar
#32 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Only if you're using the wrong screen capture program. All I know is that FRAPS works and OBS and the in-game capture tool don't. Actually, speaking of that, I updated to Reshade 3.1.something recently and it's let me reorganize the rendering priority. I believe the shaders now render before the final game composite frame rather than after, so maybe the game capture tool can see the shaders now. I really haven't thought to try.

So, the best way to record Sims 3 gameplay footage for a commented Let's Play would be FRAPS for the game and then Audacity for the commentary? Can FRAPS record in windowed mode? I don't recall if it worked on the ZSnes emulator years ago, I think I had to put that into fullscreen for it...
Page 2 of 2