Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisible default oufits

Hello there, I have done a search for this but couldn't find anything. I am having a few issues with defaults showing up properly, they seem to be invisible except for certain parts of the outfit. As far as I'm aware, you don't need the mesh for the defaults to show up (but even when I then have downloaded the meshes, they just show up as separate custom content and the default is still invisible). No one else seems to be having problems with the defaults or surely there would be comments on the download page of the item? An example is this maid outfit by Lottie Sims.

Would really appreciate any help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:38 AM
Some defaults don't like being in subfolders. I have one coat default that has invisible legs unless it's directly in the Downloads folder. Are yours subfoldered?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:17 AM
We all get stuff like that. I think right now I have some invisible pants, swimsuits and a shirt like that, Can't be bothered to even try and fix it right now. Since it's the maid and you will see it, try moving it out of its subfolder and if still does that try it alone in a test game with no other CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 1:23 PM
@Pixelen, do you have any sort of category mods, such as recategorizers or unlockers, which affect Maxis outfits such as the AF maid outfit? After looking at your screenshot and the default, what seems to be happening is that the game is only showing one of the default's two subsets. That can happen if there's any mismatch between the subset names in the mesh and those in the Property Set; the mismatched subset will be invisible. Since the Maxis maid outfit uses "body" and "body_alpha", while the default uses "body" and "noblend", that will happen if a category mod for the AF maid outfit loads after the default, because the game will use the mesh from the default, but the Property Set from the category mod.

Anyway if that's the issue, try to push the problem defaults as far down in the load order as you can.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 8:35 PM
@dharden, you've absolutely cracked it, thank you! Made sure to add a few 'zzz' to change the load order and it's fixed. Ironically, was using a clothing unlocker to check whether the default replacements had worked.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 9:53 PM
Oh, I'll have to try this. I really wanted this mail career default but the female one suffered the same fate, invisibility. I've had it so many times now I thought it was par for the course when using defaults.

I guess a mod to unlock all outfits and a mod that allows elders to wear all adult Maxis clothes would do this since I have both.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~