Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 2:29 AM
Default Sims 1 Complete Collection won't load
I've been having some issues for awhile with the game, which I think may have been linked to some CC, but certain families would make the game crash, and some issues with freezing up, and a few other small things. Finally I decided to just uninstall it last night through revo uninstaller. Turns out, since I've last installed the game, disc 2 has become slightly corrupted and cannot be used to install the game anymore. Luckily revo uninstaller creates a system restore point so I just used that to restore the game. Well when the files came back, something was corrupted and now when I try to load it, it will open for a split second then close and boot me back to the desktop.
I have also noticed if I try to uninstall it now I get an error that says: An installation support file could not be found, the system could not find the specified file. This has been frustrating because I just want to be able to play my game again. My final idea is, awhile back I had backed up all my files including registry files, I was going to try and find the proper ones to replace the new ones. But I don't want to go messing with all that.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:26 AM
If Windows tells you what file is missing, just try to find that one in your backup files, see where it goes with the sims files, and place it in. Best to try to uninstall, and maybe contact EA if you can get a Disc 2 replacement. That's all I can think of. There might be other options, but I think you'd need to talk to a computer whiz.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:25 PM Last edited by nikkiluvz : 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
If Windows tells you what file is missing, just try to find that one in your backup files, see where it goes with the sims files, and place it in. Best to try to uninstall, and maybe contact EA if you can get a Disc 2 replacement. That's all I can think of. There might be other options, but I think you'd need to talk to a computer whiz.

The weird part is I get no sort of error message or anything, it just closes out. It has been too long since the game was bought to get a replacement of the disc directly by EA. I'm not sure of any experts that I can go to for help.

Update: I noticed something interesting. Today I opened up a program that tells me how much memory I have on my computer, and it shows 11 gb free, whereas before there was only 6gb free (the hard drive doesn't have very much storage from the start)
And I haven't made any more changes besides that, so I think that is related to it not opening.