Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 7:40 PM
Default TS1: Canceled IOS Port
Hello everyone.

A couple of days ago, looking at freeso site (which I found in Sims 2thread) I discoved this:
http://freeso.org/ts1-ios-port-cancelled/

I played a little bit in TS1, my first game was TS2. I think it could be an excellent port of the game. It's a pity that the EA closed this production. Although production OTTD, ORCT does not stop. They are created in order to Transport Tycoon и Rollercoaster tycoon it was possible to play everywhere: on the modern hardware and on the phone. Also these games are officially ported too. I played port of Transport tycoon on Android. It looks like Chris Sawyer Locomotion. I like this game. Port of Roller Coaster Tycoon released in future. Why EA don't want create port of TS1? Maybe because this game is difficult to monetize?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:42 PM
Hello! Good question. In respect to the FreeSO port... clearly EA stopped the project simply because The Sims is their game, and they don't want anyone else messing with it; or maybe they saw it as competence to their Sims Mobile games line. But the reason why they don't just port it to Android and IOs, I frankly can't say. If I recall correctly, when TS2 came out, EA and Maxis kind of forgot about TS1, and let that community die. I certainly don't think it's because TS1 is difficult to monetize; not only they released (and re-realeased) the complete collection, but I still see the game sold at second hand and 'first hand' stores. I don't live in the US, though, so maybe there the situation is different.