Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Undead Molten Llama
#4051 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have to wonder where you looked and what styles you're looking for? Because after your post I thought, I don't have enough dreads etc. type hair and I went and downloaded a ton off allthehairs. It's all under curly.

Yeah, there are many hairs with dreads/twists textures applied there, but not every person with kinky-curly hair -- which isn't only black people -- wears dreads/twists/braids. While there are some such hairs that aren't dreads/braids/twists -- Checking the "Natural Black Styles" filter on the hair database will bring them up -- there aren't a LOT of them. Only three pages on the database, and most of them are dreadlocked styles. One of the non-dread ones that exists is this one: http://allthehairs.podserver.info/?q=node/3931 but to me that shape's a bit extreme. (Sure, there are people who wear a style like that, but not your typical average person. ) I do like the texture of that hair, though. What I'd like to have is a "stock" texture like the one on that hair that can somewhat easily be more universally applied to the more typical straight meshes as well as to "black styles." Sort of like the way the "stock" dread/twist textures have been applied to ponytail meshes and such. I haven't really seen such a texture around.

Maybe once I finish my Massive Hair Defaulting Project I'll poke in Photoshop and see what I can come up with. Of course, making the texture is the relatively easy part. The hard part is making it such that it looks good when applied to meshes. Meshes have weird, stretchy mapping and alpha shapes that don't lend themselves well to non-straight textures. Even Nymphy's curls, which aren't nearly as detailed as a kinky-curly texture would be, can't be applied to every mesh because of the shapes in the alphas or because the mapping will stretch the texture oddly either vertically or horizontally. But perhaps it can be done. More likely I'll utterly fail. But I dunno. I don't play with real-world races in mind in my game, especially because I don't make Sims, myself, just letting the game randomly generate them, but I'd like to have some Sims with kinky-curly hair, whatever their skintone.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4052 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:13 PM
Curlies, probably require scrolling:

https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/17211.html
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/15331.html

Wavy--looks like my girls' hair when I take them out of protective styles:
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/23049.html

Bathed, detangled, nearly air-dried:
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/9759.html

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4053 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:19 PM
@iCad my antivirus blocked that. Also I am thinking all these links probably should go on the Look what I found thread rather than the growl thread, lool its kind of derailed. @Sunbee You want to copy them over to that thread as well and try to get this thread back on track. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4054 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:53 PM
Sims with the Family aspiration who have fears of changing a diaper . I'm talking to you, Brandi Broke and Sarah Baxter (Riverside)...
How, on earth, do they roll wants to have 10 children (not that they ever get them in my game, I'm just saying ) when they are squeamish to change one diaper???
I would expect that from sims with other aspirations but Don Baxter (Romance) is doing just fine when he is changing his son's diaper ( Don!).
Mad Poster
#4055 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:36 PM
I think the fear of changing a diaper has more to do with how neat/sloppy a sim is. Sloppy sims hate cleaning and I think they are mostly the ones that fear the diaper change? I could be wrong, but that has been my impression over the years. Not that I take any notice of that fear - some fears have to be conquered
Top Secret Researcher
#4056 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:03 AM
By the logic in my mind, I would think neat sims would roll that fear. "Ew, you want me to touch what?"

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Test Subject
#4057 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 4:17 AM
When a stair case obviously has enough room for two sims but they wont go two at a time >:[
Mad Poster
#4058 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
Sims with the Family aspiration who have fears of changing a diaper . I'm talking to you, Brandi Broke and Sarah Baxter (Riverside)...
How, on earth, do they roll wants to have 10 children (not that they ever get them in my game, I'm just saying ) when they are squeamish to change one diaper???
I would expect that from sims with other aspirations but Don Baxter (Romance) is doing just fine when he is changing his son's diaper ( Don!).

Maybe they dream of hiring someone to do that (literal) shit.
Field Researcher
#4059 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:11 AM
Justpetro, that could be the answer... Brandi and Sarah are both sloppy (Brandi - 3 sloppy personality points and Sarah - 2 sloppy points) but there is Don Lothario too who has 1 sloppy/neat point and when he gets married to Cassandra and they have babies, he never rolls fears for diaper changing. In fact he is like a model father, always ready to care for his kids. I think it has to do only with their aspiration and not their personality.

StrangeTownChick, your opinion could be mine too, but sims ignore human logic. Very neat sims don't roll fears when they have to change a baby's diaper, they prefer to "lecture" their "bundle of joy" like they are scolding a dog for peeing in the living room. They probably think that if they lecture their babies enough, babies would age up already potty trainned or they could go pee in the back yard

EA's logic beats us all...
Mad Poster
#4060 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:51 AM
If the puppy can learn it then why can't you!
Alchemist
#4061 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:07 PM
Well, after finishing Round 1 of the Apartment Mania contest, I have a few peeves and Grrs to get out.

1. That the only plain white toilet is one of the most expensive ones in the game! K&B finally gave us another white toilet, albeit with a wood trim, but that too is fairly expensive. Like, that many people have green toilets?

2. That the stupid, stupid, stupid apartment coding doesn't tell you which apartment has the error or even what the error is! It just tells you that one or more apartments is invalid. So. Helpful. I spent at least an hour, maybe two fiddling with my apartment before I finally stumbled upon the reason: the stairs. I had to delete my modular stairs and all their surrounding walls and re-add all the stairs without using Move Objects to get the apartments to zone/show up correctly.
This brings me to...
3. Some EP or SP borked the modular stairs. It used to be that you could place modular stairs with no problem and little fuss. But some installment (I can't remember which one, but AL, I'm looking at you with lots of suspicion) changed the coding so that you can't place stairs if there is a wall immediately next to or behind (or in front!) of where the stairs are going. Which is why I usually use Move Objects. But nooo. Who builds stairs before walls, I ask you? Like, wouldn't you want an idea of where the stairs should be first? Anyway.
4. It's been said before and it'll be said again until the end of time (or maybe just until the end of computer games): Why doesn't Eaxis complete their sets?! Tile walls with no matching floor, floor tiles with no matching walls, floor patterns in 3 or 4 colors but the matching walls in only 2 or 3, appliances from the same set in slightly different colors/hues, furniture from the same set have different numbers of recolors available, if at all--the list goes on and on and on. At least TS3 had CAST to help deal with that nonsense. It wasn't perfect but it was something.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Link Ninja
#4062 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Charmful : 6th Jul 2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: another yep because there were 4 points.
Default I feel ya.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Well, after finishing Round 1 of the Apartment Mania contest, I have a few peeves and Grrs to get out.

1. That the only plain white toilet is one of the most expensive ones in the game! K&B finally gave us another white toilet, albeit with a wood trim, but that too is fairly expensive. Like, that many people have green toilets?

2. That the stupid, stupid, stupid apartment coding doesn't tell you which apartment has the error or even what the error is! It just tells you that one or more apartments is invalid. So. Helpful. I spent at least an hour, maybe two fiddling with my apartment before I finally stumbled upon the reason: the stairs. I had to delete my modular stairs and all their surrounding walls and re-add all the stairs without using Move Objects to get the apartments to zone/show up correctly.
This brings me to...
3. Some EP or SP borked the modular stairs. It used to be that you could place modular stairs with no problem and little fuss. But some installment (I can't remember which one, but AL, I'm looking at you with lots of suspicion) changed the coding so that you can't place stairs if there is a wall immediately next to or behind (or in front!) of where the stairs are going. Which is why I usually use Move Objects. But nooo. Who builds stairs before walls, I ask you? Like, wouldn't you want an idea of where the stairs should be first? Anyway.
4. It's been said before and it'll be said again until the end of time (or maybe just until the end of computer games): Why doesn't Eaxis complete their sets?! Tile walls with no matching floor, floor tiles with no matching walls, floor patterns in 3 or 4 colors but the matching walls in only 2 or 3, appliances from the same set in slightly different colors/hues, furniture from the same set have different numbers of recolors available, if at all--the list goes on and on and on. At least TS3 had CAST to help deal with that nonsense. It wasn't perfect but it was something.

Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4063 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:42 PM
Welcome to the joys of building CC free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4064 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:00 AM
@Charmful - did I ever tell you I hate apartments
Field Researcher
#4065 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:17 AM
It was M&G with the double wide stairs with the flared end and banister sliding that stopped stairs from being place-able next to walls.
Link Ninja
#4066 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 2:38 AM
@justpetro - despite all that, I still love playing them XD

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4067 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
Justpetro, that could be the answer... Brandi and Sarah are both sloppy (Brandi - 3 sloppy personality points and Sarah - 2 sloppy points) but there is Don Lothario too who has 1 sloppy/neat point and when he gets married to Cassandra and they have babies, he never rolls fears for diaper changing. In fact he is like a model father, always ready to care for his kids. I think it has to do only with their aspiration and not their personality.

StrangeTownChick, your opinion could be mine too, but sims ignore human logic. Very neat sims don't roll fears when they have to change a baby's diaper, they prefer to "lecture" their "bundle of joy" like they are scolding a dog for peeing in the living room. They probably think that if they lecture their babies enough, babies would age up already potty trainned or they could go pee in the back yard

EA's logic beats us all...

It's always primary or secondary aspiration Romance sims who roll that fear for me. Since Brandi gets a secondary of Romance, I always see her have it. But it's a low point fear, so it gets swamped by "Have a baby" "Get caught cheating by SimName" "Get caught cheating by OtherSimName" and "Get caught cheating by AnotherSimName" for most of my primary romance sims, who have a tendency to act on every romantic want and run afoul of ACR's auto try for baby and risky woohoo regularly.

Don's probably too busy fearing getting caught cheating by various lady friends to have a slot free for something as minor as changing a diaper. Who has time to fear having to change a diaper when he's trying to decide if he fears Kaylynn, Cassandra, Nina, Dina, Jessica, Charity, Chloe, or Sharon catching him most? (Give you a hint, fear the family sims, dummy--ACR insures the romancers don't care, and your fortune girlfriends have pleasure secondaries which offers some protection!)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4068 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 12:25 AM
Oh family sims are fierce. Also in a Bachelor type challenge, they are the ones going in for the kill. Move aside romance sims you aint got nothing on a family sim with their eye on a prize.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4069 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:46 AM
Have to agree. Family sims tend to get down right desperate. In my game, if I don't pair them up with anyone, they will fling themselves at any available sim--they won't have that waiting for true love nonsense. Any sim with a smidge of chemistry will do. That's why I've set up ACR to make it so that Knowledge sims are the most "chaste" and need the highest relationship levels to woohoo autonomously, followed by Fortune sims. Those two aspirations really couldn't care less if they ever get married or have a baby. Though they occasionally roll wants to do so, they'll be perfectly happy without and it's entirely possible they won't ever roll those wants. I think only Grilled Cheese sims can be more apathetic about romantic relationships.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#4070 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:00 PM
A bit frustrating when mesh names are something completely different than the recolours. Makes cleaning up the download folder harder than it should be.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4071 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:19 PM
PhantomKnight, I always find that Knowledge sims, even those with no sexual orientation set at all, are desperately curious about intersim relationships. I always get generic romantic wants from them, until they've tried them. Not "I want to woohoo with John" but "I really want to try woohoo and see what all the hoopla is about" sort of wants.

Mad Poster
#4072 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
Knowledge Sims love rolling the "WooHoo 3 different Sims in public" want, regardless of their relationship status.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#4073 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:32 AM
Bulbizarre, I haven't seen that one, but my knowledge sims do roll wants to woohoo and make out, etc., and other romantic wants. Sunbee, it's the getting married and have a baby wants that are more rare. Sometimes they roll them, but more often than not, I come across stubborn knowledge sims that refuse to want to get engaged or married, no matter how many dates I send him or her on. So yeah, they can be curious, but once they see what all the fuss is about good luck getting them to focus on anything other than, well, knowledge. Again, not every knowledge sim is like that, but enough are to be noticeable. Fortune sims, I find, tend to roll wants for marriage and family way more often, if only due to date coding. And soon after they get married some will usually roll a want for a baby--but just the one and you'd better lock that want, because I've yet to see it roll again.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4074 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:55 AM
I have seen the 3 sims want in knowledge sims quite often over the years, also the service sims want. They want to learn all about it. Research.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4075 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:15 AM
Research - as Jo says. Knowledge sims simply want to know everything - and everyone
Page 163 of 274