Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2018 at 2:41 PM
Default Question about gender converting outfits.
Do I delete the body and leave just the outfit behind or leave it alone and try to scale down the breasts and scale the body to reshape it and fit a male body or is it just best to just remake the mesh from scratch? I have a few outfits that I would like to convert for males and females but I don't know where to begin.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 9:52 PM
You have to reshape the clothes. The bodyshape is somewhat different, and if you don't fix the nec there will be gaps in any gender conversion from teen and up. For skintone parts you may have to use the correct gender, but the mapping for those ages isn't too different. You also need to reshape the breasts/chest area, possibly hips and other areas that look wrong for the gender. You'll also have to look into how to make fat/pregnant morphs if you want those for the new mesh. I think the Unimesh tutorials show this.

It would be more time consuming to make the mesh from scratch. Remodeling the mesh to fit the male/female body involves the least work, though it may not be the easiest project to start with.

As always, start with reading tutorials.
The Unimesh/clothing tutorials here are a must for your first clothing meshes (they tell you most of what you need to know, it's the ones at the top with"unimesh" at the front) - https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=445
This shows age conversion, but it's got some important points with the neck gap and such (just don't scale the mesh between female/male, only when doing age conversions) - http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...p?topic=12916.0
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You have to reshape the clothes. The bodyshape is somewhat different, and if you don't fix the nec there will be gaps in any gender conversion from teen and up. For skintone parts you may have to use the correct gender, but the mapping for those ages isn't too different. You also need to reshape the breasts/chest area, possibly hips and other areas that look wrong for the gender. You'll also have to look into how to make fat/pregnant morphs if you want those for the new mesh. I think the Unimesh tutorials show this.

It would be more time consuming to make the mesh from scratch. Remodeling the mesh to fit the male/female body involves the least work, though it may not be the easiest project to start with.

As always, start with reading tutorials.
The Unimesh/clothing tutorials here are a must for your first clothing meshes (they tell you most of what you need to know, it's the ones at the top with"unimesh" at the front) - http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=445
This shows age conversion, but it's got some important points with the neck gap and such (just don't scale the mesh between female/male, only when doing age conversions) - http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...p?topic=12916.0

Wow thank you, you're amazing. I'm trying to reshape a female adult to fit on a child body,the hardest part is trying to get rid of the breast but I always seem to mess up when i'm trying to scale them down until they disappear. The mesh turns out looking weird on a child after I tried doing it. Rescaling the arms,body and the neck is another beast that I would have to tackle as well.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th May 2018 at 11:29 PM.
It's easier to reshape male meshes to child, so unless it's a very female mesh (dress/otherwise girly), try to find a male version if it exists. You may want to try moving the vertices closer to the body in either left or right view and reshaping that way instead of scaling them (scaling can sometimes do weird things to the UVmapping).

If there are skin parts (hands, legs, feet, top of neck - anything skin colored), you absolutely should use those from the child body, because the child and adult bodies are UVmapped differently. If there's a spot in the texture that isn't a separate emsh part you can sometimes get away with using the existing mapping, but larger and separate parts need to use the child body, or most skins will look weird when used with the clothes.

Depending on the clothes you're converting, there's a small chance you'll need a second group for the mesh (the skin parts always need to be on the "Body", "Top" or "Bottom" group so they take on the skintone, and you shouldn't remap those parts). If you're converting from other games TS3/4 in particular), you most likely will need a second group, because all TS3/4 clothes are mapped very different from TS2 clothes, and aren't simple to remap.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 20th May 2018 at 3:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's easier to reshape male meshes to child, so unless it's a very female mesh (dress/otherwise girly), try to find a male version if it exists. You may want to try moving the vertices closer to the body in either left or right view and reshaping that way instead of scaling them (scaling can sometimes do weird things to the UVmapping).

If there are skin parts (hands, legs, feet, top of neck - anything skin colored), you absolutely should use those from the child body, because the child and adult bodies are UVmapped differently.

Yeah it's a female outfit mesh and I managed to flatten the breast a little bit. While working on age conversions are you supposed to delete the fat morphs? It made the base mesh on the female adult mesh much easier to see and i'm starting to make a little progress on it. The red highlights is the female adult outfit mesh and the other is the child body.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:58 PM
You have to make a new fat morph. There are probably some tricks to it, but honestly I've not dabbled mch in making clothes, so I'm not the right person to ask.

The morph needs to have the exact same vertex count as the main mesh, and the vertices have to be in the same spots (with the exception of the bits the morph changes). One way is to duplicate the finished mesh, set all bone assignments on the duplicate/morph to no bones, reshape into a fat morph, and fix names, comments, and whatever else needs fixing. Child meshes only needs fat morphs.

You should read the tutorials, because it's too much info to explain in a post.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2018 at 5:41 PM
You can hide any groups. So if the fat morph is in the way, hide it.
As simmer22 said, you'll need to make a new fat morph once you'll be done. What I would advise, is to copy and paste all morph infos on a note pad. Then delete the old morph.
Once done with your new child body mesh, simply select it then duplicate it.
Rename that new Duplicate to the morph name you copied.
Usually, this : ~00MORPHMOD.0 This is the name you give your new Duplicate.
Then, click on Comment, and delete whatever is there.
Then, add this instead : MorphNames: botmorphs fatbot
Click ok.
Then, select your body mesh group, your new edited one, and click on Comments.
You should have something like this :
ModelName: body
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3
MorphRefNum: 0

If this is what you have, it is perfect, leave it as is.
The line that says MorphRefNum, is what tells your body mesh, which morph to use in case that body gets fat.
It is set to be 0, just like the second number in your new morph name. ~00MORPHMOD.0

You are all set.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)