Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#12451 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:55 PM
How corrupted would my hood be, If I aged up the papergirl into an adult and still have her deliver the paper?

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12452 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Yep. http://hugelunatic.com/?p=422

Thank you. This offers more information, but again, my numbers don't quite match the ones in this tutorial. Since I do not want to remove all EP's and just get rid of the need of ONE SP, Ikea, I'll just reclone. Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12453 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
How corrupted would my hood be, If I aged up the papergirl into an adult and still have her deliver the paper?

I don't think she'd continue to deliver the paper; the game would likely spawn a new paper carrier. But they have full character files so they're safe.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#12454 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I don't think she'd continue to deliver the paper; the game would likely spawn a new paper carrier. But they have full character files so they're safe.

Darn it. Well, I guess I'll just make her into a townie then. Thanks.

Inventor
#12455 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:21 PM
That's weird. Could it be a jump bug?

I don't think so? It doesn't bring up any errors in debug mode. It's a good thing that it doesn't happen often but it's cost me a few sims who've already been edited to my liking.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12456 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1

You can do that, it's a way to get them to keep the clothes you want them to wear (NPCs in general I mean). Having said that, I've never tried it with the paper person. Maybe make a back up just in case.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#12457 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You can do that, it's a way to get them to keep the clothes you want them to wear (NPCs in general I mean). Having said that, I've never tried it with the paper person. Maybe make a back up just in case.

Alright, I'll try it and see what happens. I'm going to backup my hood folder, right before she makes her transition.

Mad Poster
#12458 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 3:24 AM
I think it determines the memories for "earned $x" and the associated wants.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#12459 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Do you have a mod called "noinstantlove?" I understand it sometimes overperforms.

If you don't have that particular one, a conflict between two mods is the most likely solution. Back up your game so you can put everything right back where it was after testing, and then temporarily pull out your Downloads folder and test. Does he fall in love now? If so, you know the fault is somewhere in the Downloads folder and all you have to do is track it down, which doesn't take as long as you think it will.

If not, please post in the "Help" Forum, after working through the FAQ you will be directed to when you try to start a thread.

You life saver! Thank you, I had the noinstantlove mod installed and didn't know. I'm a fool!
Mad Poster
#12460 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:15 AM
If a Sim starts learning one of the skills (e.g. lifetime happiness, anger management) and then stops, does the progress stay at where it was indefinitely?

Mad Poster
#12461 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:22 AM
If a Sim starts learning one of the skills (e.g. lifetime happiness, anger management) and then stops, does the progress stay at where it was indefinitely?

Yes. If the sim picks up a book to study that skill further, it will first show as an empty bar but after a moment it will jump up to where it was when they last stopped studying that skill. (At least that's what always happens in my game.)
Alchemist
#12462 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:30 AM
I never have a TV set in my sim homes so forgive this really basic question, but can't I change the channel? I remember being able to choose, but maybe that was in Sims 1?
Anyway, I built a sports bar and just want the TVs to show sports, not sports, then xmas shows and teletubby look-a-likes!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12463 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:37 AM
You can tell them to change channels but they will probably change it right back to Tellytubbies. There may be a mod to stop them though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#12464 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:48 AM
Does the pet command "Call to eat" ever actually do anything? That idiot Porthos is wandering around the house whining his fool head off about being hungry, but will not eat anything but table scraps and ignores all calls to eat from his bowl (and yes, he is trained to eat pet food). I seem to have this problem with a lot of pets. Using the middle of the three bowls helps some (finicky pets won't use the cheap one, of course, but for some reason NOBODY will use the most expensive one!), but they're just so annoying and completely unrealistic when there's food there and they won't touch it. The control pets cheat doesn't work, either. I think my pixel pets just enjoy starving.
Mad Poster
#12465 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:04 AM
@BlueAlien - I find that very strange.

From personal experience, Call to eat always works and Porthos normally comes at once if Roseland calls him. I also never had pets refuse to eat from any bowl.

What is more - I discovered it by chance - is that pets who don't eat pet food will eat pet food once you have taught them the Come Here command.

Note that I don't have a lot of mods, and this is also how it works in the vanilla game. Maybe you have a mod or some cc interfering.
Mad Poster
#12466 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:36 AM
Sometimes the bowls just glitch up. The only solution I've found is to delete and buy a new one. There's a chew bone/fish treat here on MTS that fulfills hunger.

Top Secret Researcher
#12467 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
@lordtyger: Not too technical for me, but then I've earned a living doing system administration for unix/linux/Windows servers. I think that touching Terminal and using the command line is pretty scary for a lot of people though, so I'd planned to hand hold them through that part and make the process as easy as possible.

I'd like to link to your open files limit instructions for some of the background information, if that's okay? I've done further testing on the upper limits of what can be set though, so have new information to add for the plist settings.

@muridae You have my permission to use anything that I posted that you want to use. Credit to me is good. A link is nice thanks.

As for my instructions on how to change the max open file limit, I state that they just need to copy and then paste and then I tell them how to set the proper ownership and persmissions of the file, Not real sure how to make it that much easier and you are welcome to try to do more handholding.

Share some of your knowledge regarding the upper limits of what can be set in the plist setttings in a PM? Please.

The one completely original thing I did was my post on how to add the CEP. If you could get that post that I did on how to add the CEP moved to tutorials that would be cool.

I spent a lot of time trying to gather information and I had a hard time finding any useful and up to date information regarding playing the Sims 2 on a Mac.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#12468 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:56 AM
Sometimes the bowls just glitch up. The only solution I've found is to delete and buy a new one. There's a chew bone/fish treat here on MTS that fulfills hunger.

I also never put them against walls - they seem to turn around all by themselves
Forum Resident
#12469 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:22 PM
for some reason when I enter appartments not owned by the sims I am currently playing is it super super dark in there. I did fix my game to work but idk if other have had the same problems with the game?

I build small houses *^*
Test Subject
#12470 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:52 PM
I have a pretty technical modding question, and I'd be happy for any help.

I've downloaded an object mod that pulls its mesh and texture from a basegame object.

Say I wanted to create another object with the similar functions, but using a different base-game model. How would I go about that? I guess it would just require swapping two things in Simpe, but how do I find what to replace?
Field Researcher
#12471 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:58 PM
Is there a way to set up a Tap Dancing recital for Princess Applebloom? She is a sim that I created and she is a Tap Dancer.

Prince Avalanche
Field Researcher
#12472 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maraudine
I have a pretty technical modding question, and I'd be happy for any help.

I've downloaded an object mod that pulls its mesh and texture from a basegame object.

Say I wanted to create another object with the similar functions, but using a different base-game model. How would I go about that? I guess it would just require swapping two things in Simpe, but how do I find what to replace?

This is the wrong forum for that. Try this forum instead.
Scholar
#12473 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:15 PM
How does everyone keep their decorative pillows and blankets (think jonesi-slaved stuff, for example) organized in such a way as to be able to quickly figure out which stuff actually coordinates physically with which furniture?

Like I pick a sofa or a bed and go through a zillion different blankets and cushions, and usually fail to find stuff that aligns properly.
Alchemist
#12474 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:36 PM
Can I just change names of default skin files to replace them, or is it much more complicated than that? I don't like the range of skins we have for default and I've looked at lots, but the thing is, I practically never use the lightest, so i was wondering if I could just replace that one with one of the dark ones, so that two skin types would have the same darker tone. This should make a lot of pale pre-mades change immediately. Would that work?
Mad Poster
#12475 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
How does everyone keep their decorative pillows and blankets (think jonesi-slaved stuff, for example) organized in such a way as to be able to quickly figure out which stuff actually coordinates physically with which furniture?

Like I pick a sofa or a bed and go through a zillion different blankets and cushions, and usually fail to find stuff that aligns properly.

I do not personally use them, but how about taking the time to gather sofas and their cushions into a collection? One for each...

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Can I just change names of default skin files to replace them, or is it much more complicated than that? I don't like the range of skins we have for default and I've looked at lots, but the thing is, I practically never use the lightest, so i was wondering if I could just replace that one with one of the dark ones, so that two skin types would have the same darker tone. This should make a lot of pale pre-mades change immediately. Would that work?

Don't touch the names, replace the textures. Export the dark ones, replace the light ones with them.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 499 of 1347