Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#26 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:18 PM
Ok.. ALL you 'energizer bunny' guys who have made and posted your lots already! GO DO IT BETTER! You have a whole week! sheesh! lol

Round 2 didn't even close until I had gone to sleep and now I'm working (lunch time looking at this). I won't have a chance to even load it into the game until I get home in about 5 hours... then I have to do house-type stuff like cook dinner and wash the dishes... so Just for being too danged-nabbit fast! I am gonna WIN! So THERE! Mwahahahahahahaa

**ok. megalomania moment over... I've recovered. ** lol

oh.. HP... Did you know there was a hole in your plan?
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#27 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
Dear gawd I cannot get inspired. Diagonal foundations make me want to pistol whip Suri Cruise.

@Vampire_somethingorother, Beautiful Houssssseee! And so quickly too. You deserve a prize of somesort. Maybe a pineapple upside-down cake?

NO! I ain't giving No prize to someone who is in Europe and has no job that takes up their time! I mean like I was asleep when R2 closed and now I'm at work at won't even get a chance to play for at least another 5 hours! Don't mind me. I am not interested in 'fast' anyway. I'll have something ready probably by Sunday night.

What really sucks is that I can only use EP stuff. Store content isn't counted as CC and I have some store stuff I'd like to use except I upgraded to Windows 7 and downloads for Windows 7 from the store is BORKED! I can't load it into the game. I CAN install stuff from MTS, but not the stoopeed store! *grrr* I even downloaded the stuff onto one of my other computers which I do not use for games and moved it over but it refuses to install on that Windows 7 machine. which is weird because non store stuff installs fine. - stoopeed EA Launcher security 'features' have hamstrung my game!

I have some great ideas for a hole in the floor lot! I don't know if I can pull if off with EP only stuff.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#28 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:43 PM
LOL I lost my whole neighbourhood just after taking the pics of the house because the lights went down while saving.. so at least I have the memory of the house xDD

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
LOL I lost my whole neighbourhood just after taking the pics of the house because the lights went down while saving.. so at least I have the memory of the house xDD

Just in case you didn't know, if it is your savegame that's borked, Sims 3 always made a backup for each one, it has the same filename except with .backup added to it. Just remove the .backup from the filename and you got the last savegame back (the save before your failed save).

If it's your neighborhood files that's messed up, though... Maybe you could run chkdsk on your disks (if it's a PC)?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:29 PM
Porkypine, I'm having the same problem as well. I extracted the sims3pack of the EA store stuff into package files using Delphy's multi extractor and then join them together into one .package file using s3pe, and some came back up, but a lot are still AWOL.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:31 PM
BGatot/porkypine: You remembered to log in to the launcher to 'verify' that you have purchased the items? Or can't you even install them at all?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM
Well, I remember when they released the patch (or was it WA?) where you have to verify your content as a lot of people where just sharing it. And I had content from two different accounts (mine and my sister in law) and only the ones I bought showed up obviously Took me a long time to realise that was the issue. It installs but just does not show up ingame

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:54 PM
What the FUDGE am I going to do with this foundation!? Gaah! This is gonna cause some sleepless nights for me.

Oh and THANK YOU PORKYPINE for the comments you left on my entry for the previous round. I sadly didn't see them though until it was too late (about 30 minutes ago) Oh well.

Time to go wrack my brain for this foundation now.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#35 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
Just in case you didn't know, if it is your savegame that's borked, Sims 3 always made a backup for each one, it has the same filename except with .backup added to it. Just remove the .backup from the filename and you got the last savegame back (the save before your failed save).

If it's your neighborhood files that's messed up, though... Maybe you could run chkdsk on your disks (if it's a PC)?

Answered in the chat thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...539#post3266539

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#36 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:02 PM
Vampire, you make my mediterranean garden look like shit, so thanks. All in one freaken day day lol.
Inventor
#37 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:04 PM
I think anything I do this go round is gonna look like shit lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:26 PM
I'm so excited for this foundation. I'm going to use the whole week and make my house bloody brilliant.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:51 PM Last edited by PiT91 : 30th Jul 2010 at 2:39 PM. Reason: A little adjustment
Default Round III: Roman Villa
Well, first of all I would like to point out the fact that I had absolutely NO idea that another entry was posted; I thought I would be first, actually. So everything in this house is created by my own mind, and, though I admit it might look kinda similar to the one posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh, the differences are huge! First of all, mine is a REAL Roman Villa, not a Roman-style villa. So it do not have any counters, showers, electric stuff, hydraulic appliances and so long. But it's still playable, in some way! I'll explain as I go along. So:

It is a Roman Country Villa, with every comfort you could demand for if you had lived around 120 A.D.

The first floor was also called the noble one: the owner of the house and its family had their bedroom in it, and it was usually surrounded by balconies, while the slaves lived in the upper floor. The ground floor was used for the daytime or, sometimes, there were shops, especially in the insulae.

Living/Dining Room AKA the triclinium (for a real reconstruction look at http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:R...Dining_Room.jpg)

(sorry for the mess, we weren't expecting visitors!)

On the ground floor we also have the compluvium, a roofless part of the house used to collect rain water, which is later mingled with the one in the well in the back of the Villa.

Here's a shot of it, in a breathtaking nightly atmosphere:

Here's the kitchen. Don't care about beds; maybe you'd expect landlords to bake their own food? It was made by slaves, in a totally separated space of the home, apart from the living zone. Through the archway you can see the food stocks.

And there's the owners' bedroom. It may seem very simple, but usually these rooms were richly decorated with wall paintings, which depicted mythical stories or some hero's deeds.

In this case, we can see a big collection of artifacts; the man who lived here was often called to solve major questions into Egypt, and, when he had some free time to relax, he'd spent all here.

We can also see some perfume bottles: Roman women usually wore unguents and fragrances, done with rosemary or lemon/orange juice.

One big improvement were the WCs, the so-called latrinae, placed directly above the sewer, to rapidly wipe away any waste and keep the area hygienically safe and odorless.
The bowl was used to contain some water for every necessity.

(sorry for the crappy photo!)

Finally, here's a shot of the back of the Villa, with the little vegetable garden, the well, the mosaic (don't know if you can see it) and, finally, our guest. Say vale to Anco Marzio Decimo!

Hope you've enjoyed this little tour! NO CC USED!

Oh, yes, here are the floor plans:

Roofing

Second floor

First floor
[IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7056/screenshot6y.jpg
[/IMG]
Ground floor

Foundation

MTS Foundation Contest: [Round I] [Round II] [Round III] [Round IV]
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Waterstar : 2nd Aug 2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Major recoloring and changed some counters
Default Sky Beach Modern
8/2/10: MAJOR EDIT
I wasn't too lazy for once! See the pictures (Which were completely redone) too see what I edited.

I was going for a slight bit modern (As I don't know much modern yet) and a beachy and a sky color scheme with wood in it. Well... I hope this it better than my Cabin (Which now that I thank of it, don't like as much)

Here's the story. The Designer came up with the idea, hired people, built it, and boom, it's there.... uhh... what. Just wait a sec... that was the wrong one.. AHA! Here it is!

One guy, who we don't know, who also had alot of money on his hands, went to a bui... wait... that's just retelling in a diffrent way... ok I give up, I have nothing interesting D: Here's the house (with a bad name again)

-Front-

-Front Room-

-Kitchen/Dining room-

-Master Bed-

-Bath-

-The Hole, I used it as an outdoor space. You'll see what I did to make it an outdoor if you look at the first pic or the top-down)

-Top Down-

-Backyard/Beach-

Stats:
NO KNOWN CC
2 bed / 1 bath
Looks great as beachfront
Can fit 3 sims (2 adults/Elder and 1 extra)
Grill
Outdoor hole in the middle of the house
PLENTY of windows
Bright in most rooms

Well... heres my 3rd entry. Hopefully it's my best so far... though the 1st is what I normaly would make.... what ev, look at the next persons(once it's there)... go on............
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#41 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
BGatot/porkypine: You remembered to log in to the launcher to 'verify' that you have purchased the items? Or can't you even install them at all?

Yep. My game is 100% legit. they will not download.. tells me to look at the logs. I am not the only person with this issue. EA store tech problems site is spammed with others users who can't get and install their previously paid for stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Well, I remember when they released the patch (or was it WA?) where you have to verify your content as a lot of people where just sharing it. And I had content from two different accounts (mine and my sister in law) and only the ones I bought showed up obviously Took me a long time to realise that was the issue. It installs but just does not show up ingame

My machine worked GREAT when it was XP. I upgraded it to Windows 7 home premium and reinstalled the game. the game works fine but I have not been able to get my downloads from the store. Yes, I do log in with my account It just fails to download.

As a test - to see if it was a permissions issue with Windows 7 - I installed basegame only on a Vista computer to see if I could get the downloads and it let me download my stuff. (which is surprising because Vista is known to balk with so many programs)
However, I do not play sims on that Vista machine. I just used it to get my stuff. I got my downloads and brought them to my game computer and tried to install them. They install fine but only some pieces show up in the game and the next time I start the game, it goes whacko. The bugginess is really annoying and I may have to put it aside again. Which is a shame, since i like to make stuff for the game but the bugs are totally ticking me off. I don't want to spend my little available free time troubleshooting these problems I can't fix.

Do you have a magical cure, other than reinstalling it AGAIN? (which does not fix the bugs, by the way.)

Yea. I have the latest patch. CAW works again but downloads are still borked.

This really suckethe because I want my Japanese house build stuff for R3 and it refuses to show up in game! *grrrr*

I will go try Delphy's installer and see if that works. BBL! (I want my danged SHOJI's)
Forum Resident
#42 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Waterstar
I was going for a slight bit modern (As I don't know much modern yet) and a beachy and a sky color scheme with wood in it. Well... I hope this it better than my Cabin (Which now that I thank of it, don't like as much)

Here's the story. The Designer came up with the idea, hired people, built it, and boom, it's there.... uhh... what. Just wait a sec... that was the wrong one.. AHA! Here it is!

One guy, who we don't know, who also had alot of money on his hands, went to a bui... wait... that's just retelling in a diffrent way... ok I give up, I have nothing interesting D: Here's the house (with a bad name again)

Wow, yet another quick entry! I'm certainly not an expert builder here, so I might not be the best to give advice, but your house feels like a sea of blue and it's not very flattering, at least on the outside. I'd try to go with something that's not so monotonous.

Maybe try a different texture on the foundation, in the blue color, if you want to stick to blue, and maybe go for a wall foundation that has two channels, so you can pick two patterns that break it up a bit.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 9:57 AM
I am so even more excited for this house. I have to do some research before I continue working and trust me when I say this guys, you will love the back story and description of this house. I'm giddy about it.
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:16 AM
Waterstar: I'm already sorry, I don't want to be mean but where is your landscaping?Put some bushes terrain paint whatever. The front view really lack some plants.
Did you want to do a patio with the hole? Then google patio and watch some images of patio. Put some terrain paint/ floor tiles, palnts or bushes.
Inventor
#45 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 1:33 PM
I never thought I'd be glad to see disagrees to any of my posts. But at least that lets me know what I make isn't going to be total crap. lmao

Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:39 PM Last edited by sandymdh : 4th Aug 2010 at 6:00 PM. Reason: addition
Default Retro-Futuristic
Theo Tate is what you and I would call a nerd. His interests, or some would say obsessions, include computer games, science fiction and old movies. At high school he had few friends and was bullied for being 'different'. After the death of his parents though he had little time for his interests as he took care of his younger brother in a small motel room for over 3 years. There was no inheritance and no help from anybody.
These days the outlook is more positive for Theo - after the sale of several science fiction role-play computer games that he designed himself the Tates have moved into a luxury home designed by Theo with a retro-futuristic theme encompassing his love of old sci-fi movies. At a sci-fi convention last year he met Alex, a beautiful young woman with very similar interests -she was dressed as Barbarella and he always says it was love at first sight. Life hasn't been easy for Theo but he couldn't help but smile when he was served by the ringleader of the bullies at the McDonalds drive through last week.

Front View

Second Floor

First Floor

Ground Floor

Lounge

Kitchen

Bedroom

'The Hole'

Pool Area

Games Area

No CC used but a heck of a lot of store stuff was.
Inventor
#47 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:15 PM
Very nice, I love the lounge

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:26 PM
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#49 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM
Agree. Love the bridge over the pool and the open area downstairs that leads outdoors. Very breezy.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#50 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 4:17 PM
Maybe I'll stick with it then. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Page 2 of 13