Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Aug 2023 at 8:53 AM
Default Non-students in lecture room
For people who don't want "outsiders" on college premises:

I've used Visitor Controller (by TwoJeffs, I think) to keep annoying cows, llamas, coaches, cheerleaders and all the rest out of the dorms for quite a while, so I tried using it when I sent a Sim to the lecture room - and succeeded in blocking them all. It continued to work on the lecture hall lot after that particular sim had left - and I was also able to use it to exclude my own Sims who are not students. The only problem is that I can't remember where I found this particular - and very useful - mod: perhaps someone else (TwoJeffs? MTS?) could post a link.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Aug 2023 at 12:53 PM Last edited by beestew : 5th Aug 2023 at 11:14 PM.
What's Next
Thank you to everyone who has tested the mod so far. I would love some feedback from anyone trying out the 'interruptions' feature

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@beestew any feedback? I posted about a week ago now.
I am about to have some YA in a clean and empty neighbourhood and wondering about the no proff spawning and using this mod.

Hey! I'm still keeping an eye on the thread. Irl is very busy atm, so it will be some time before I release an update. With everyone's feedback, here are changes I am considering:

- Prevent the podium throwing an error if there are no professors in the hood
- Add a tunable option to the podium to enable it to create new professors. (I am against this being on by default, but am open to adding it as an option).
- Create two separate .packages that suppress Maxis 'Go To Class', flavour one: Suppress with podiums on lot only, flavour two: Always suppress
- Buff Academic increase
- Nerf Feverish Note Taking Need decay

Quote: Originally posted by Lauroonil
The mod worked well for me. I was playing in a university hood and still had adults/elders walking around the lot but only the Young Adults attended the lectures. I was hoping that by manually assigning a professor, that I would be able to assign any Sim I wanted, such as those working in the Maxis Education or Science career as professors and was disappointed to see only NPC Professors showing up. Otherwise, it worked well. Thanks!

P.S. I should also add that my students had just started at college and I could see that their Class Peformance was going up a little bit during the class.

Yes, you can only manually assign Professor NPCs atm. I might consider allowing all Sims to be assigned, but I'm not fond of the idea. I will cave in to substantial demand (leave comments for features or changes you'd like to see, folks - if many people want something, I'll be more inclined to invest time into it )

Glad the mod worked well!

Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
I've found some time to play some more with your mod. Indeed, it was the blue notebook, so no worries. I guess some Sims really like interrupting lectures by trying to do their assigments on professor's desk.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 5th Aug 2023 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beestew
Thank you to everyone who has tested the mod so far. I would love some feedback from anyone trying out the 'interruptions' feature

Where was that feature? I didn't see it when I tried.

Quote:
Hey! I'm still keeping an eye on the thread. Irl is very busy atm, so it will be some time before I release an update. With everyone's feedback, here are changes I am considering:

That's okay.

Prevent the podium throwing an error if there are no professors in the hood
That would be nice

- Add a tunable option to the podium to enable it to create new professors. (I am against this being on by default, but am open to adding it as an option).
I would love that option and yes options are always good.

- Create two separate .packages that suppress Maxis 'Go To Class', flavour one: Suppress with podiums on lot only, flavour two: Always suppress
I would not want it always set to suppress, again options to do or not do something are always IMO best.
On the note of suppressing class, young adults in the main hood not doing uni at all, which is a sub section of YA that I play. Even though I never start their college clock, they still get that 'go to class' push that I have to cancel out. Maybe if the podium was tucked away on the lot they live on this go to class could be suppressed on a sim by sim bases?

- Buff Academic increase
I would not want that. Again maybe as an option that could be turned off or on, but for me uni is too easy as it is.

- Nerf Feverish Note Taking Need decay
I think its fine. You have already provided options.

Quote:
Yes, you can only manually assign Professor NPCs atm. I might consider allowing all Sims to be assigned, but I'm not fond of the idea. I will cave in to substantial demand (leave comments for features or changes you'd like to see, folks - if many people want something, I'll be more inclined to invest time into it )

Could you make it so any playable in the hood who is actually a guest university lecturer in the education career could be signed?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Aug 2023 at 8:26 PM
Could I make a custom universty for realse for using this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Aug 2023 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabbypie64
Could I make a custom universty for realse for using this?

Yes, for realse.
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Aug 2023 at 11:18 AM Last edited by mrcsthernr : 31st Aug 2023 at 1:13 PM.
I started getting a persistent "undefined transition" on the lecture podium when the lot loads. The game won't proceed until I delete the podium. HCDU doesn't report any conflicts and I haven't been able to narrow the problem down via What Caused This/Log Watcher yet.

SOLVED: Figured it out...
1) I completely forgot I generated a new save and hadn't created professor NPCs. I generated two and manually assigned one to the podium.
2) Before the changes took effect, I had to visit the lot again and delete student/podium controllers from the previous visit.
3) I returned to the lot a third time and everything is going swimmingly so far (besides Tank Grunt trying to muff Johnny Smith of course...)!

So...I'm torn about plans to eliminate the podium error because 1) it isn't a game breaking/corrupting error, and 2) it actually was the sign I needed that something was missing (i.e. the mod wasn't set up right). When generating new saves + playing with several mods, its easier (for me at least) to forget small things at times - that error message was the reminder I needed.....BUT I suppose that being able to generate profs from the podium object would be just as effective. My only question would be - how would players know that the issue they have is a missing prof? I hope this comment makes some sense.

I love this mod and it plays well (so far) with Go To School (Chris Hatch; this mod uses an entirely different lecture hall - now I have two!), Simlogical Schools, Opportunity Pack(s) (Sophie-David).

I noticed that my Lifestyles Mod (like the original religion mods) throws an error when a sims interacts with NPCs (because they aren't supposed to have lifestyle/religion data). The error is benign - you just have to hit reset. I need to look into adding BHAVs to that mod so it knows to skip NPCs (something I have no idea how to do at the moment)? **Just wanted to add this bit for those also playing with either of these mods.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 9th Nov 2023 at 11:36 AM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 9th Nov 2023 at 10:51 PM.
This mod looks great - but I'm a little confused. I have built a lecture hall and placed a podium and some black notebooks on desks, then the lecturer begins the lecture. You have said " Playable Sims are directed to attend lectures via the Lecture Podium" but when I click on the podium the only option is "when is the next lecture". My sim does not "attend" the lecture and no notebooks are visible or can be interacted with.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

EDIT: My bad, I had the notebooks facing the wrong way... It is working well. Are you still working on the mod?

A few suggestions:

- the class performance bar should go up a lot more after a lecture - I can barely see any change
- students shouldn't be doing their assignments in class!
- a plug in to stop playables being called to class would be great - I don't mind going with my sims to their lectures, but they don't need to "go to class" as well.

This is a very immersive mod, I love it.
Page 2 of 2