Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 10:00 PM
Default Radeon HD 5670 vs HD 6670 For TS2/TS3
Hey guys! I've gotten a wild hair and I'm actually missing my TS3. My laptop can't play it due to overheating issues, but my desktop used to play it well before I upgraded to Windows 8 and ATI ditched support for its card. So, I am considering upgrading my graphics card. (Whether I do depends on if I have any money left over after some trips I have planned.)

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 Mini-Tower model. The specs can be found here (look under the Mini Tower column for correct info.)

http://www.dell.com/downloads/globa...45techspecs.pdf

I may upgrade my graphics card for that PC. I tried looking up stuff myself on Amazon to find the best graphics card. I got as far as which pin connector I should use in understanding but the rest went over my head. So thankfully, I found this thread on Tom's Hardware about which cards are best for my PC.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/3...d-dell-optiplex

So far it's between the ATI Radeon HD 5670 and the 6670. Both have Windows 8/8.1 and 10-compatible drivers. Since 10 is the last major release of windows I shouldn't have to worry about losing support like when I upgraded from XP to 8. The problem with selecting the graphics cards is that there are so many models, I don't know which one is best for my PC. I thought I once saw a thread on another site mentioning a specific model that works well with my PC but I can't find it anywhere! How would I decide that? Also, on both cards, all TS3 expansions are either Yes or Maybe on the MTS Recommendations. Do y'all have any experience with these graphics cards?

Thank you guys. I'm sorry if I sound like a total noob but I am one.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here