Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Markymaxy : 27th Dec 2017 at 12:13 PM.
Default Problem with TS4 to TS3 clothes conversion - Texture Bleeding
Hello,

I'm completely new to creating CC, so please excuse me if the solution to my problem seems obvious. I started a "project" where I try to convert TS4 Vampire clothing to TS3. With the help of Mimi's World and Eikeefuls tutorials I was somewhat able to create/converse a female top.

Here is a picture of the top. She is basically making the same face as I do while I try to find the solution. As you can see I already assigned the bones, and the top seems almost ready for gameplay (there are some clippings around the pants which need to be fixed). However, when I loaded the top into TSRW for the final steps, the texture was bleeding into the skin underneath the top

The Hands

The chest area and upper arm cutout areas

The neck area

The texture looked just fine in Blender, before I imported the model into Milkshape 3D and added the EA body. Here are some pictures from blender

So does anyone know what causes this problem and how to fix it please? I attached a zip file with all necessary files, if you want to take a look at it yourself. Contents of the zip are:

"Cropped Jacket Milkshape -seperate groups" - Milkshape file with the clothes mesh and EA body seperated
"Cropped Jacket Milkshape -merged groups" - Milkshape file with the clothes mesh and EA body merged
"Cropped Jacket Blender" - the blender file that I imported into Milkshape
"multiplier" - the texture file
"Cropped Jacket TSRW w Bones" - the final TSRW file with assigned bones

Thank you for any input in advance!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_Markymaxy_TS4toTS3_Top.rar (779.0 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 6:25 PM
It seems like it still needs some UV map tweaks As you can see here, the uv map of ts3's body seems to overlap with the actual textures:

So as you can see it's basically overlapping the sims 4's texture. Now something to keep in mind first before actually doing anything, NEVER touch, move or edit the sims's body, you can only do this with your ts4 mesh in this case. Why? since your ts3 body is using a skin, and else, in this case, the cleavage will be basically on the right boob, which would be... problematic

What I'd do with this conversion is trying to delete as much skin as you can and use the 'knife tool' on ts3's body so it meets well with the actual body gap with conversions you always have to edit the default texture since ts3's map is just different compared to ts4's setup.

Here's a video on that:

I'd also recommend checking this out:

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
It seems like it still needs some UV map tweaks As you can see here, the uv map of ts3's body seems to overlap with the actual textures:

So as you can see it's basically overlapping the sims 4's texture. Now something to keep in mind first before actually doing anything, NEVER touch, move or edit the sims's body, you can only do this with your ts4 mesh in this case. Why? since your ts3 body is using a skin, and else, in this case, the cleavage will be basically on the right boob, which would be... problematic

What I'd do with this conversion is trying to delete as much skin as you can and use the 'knife tool' on ts3's body so it meets well with the actual body gap with conversions you always have to edit the default texture since ts3's map is just different compared to ts4's setup

Hello Lyralei,

You are right, I didn't realize that the skin also uses the multiplier/texture (kinda obvious in hindsight since the "skin parts" are also part of the clothes mesh).

I was able to solve the problem by fitting the TS4 texture to a TS3 body, but in the process of resizing the texture its qualitiy dropped noticeably and it became really pixelated... one problem after another

Anyway, thanks for the reply and for your help!