Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:03 AM
Default CTU for sims 4
not sure if this should be here but I was wondering if anyone is working on a CTU that Delphy made for sims 3 to be able to work with sims 4. it's really just for sake of ease. I really enjoy having gender conversions in my game and doing it through S4PE can be a hassle sometimes. If not would anyone have any tips on how to making a CTU like program. i'm new to modding but i'd be willing to give it a shot.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yorik91
not sure if this should be here but I was wondering if anyone is working on a CTU that Delphy made for sims 3 to be able to work with sims 4. it's really just for sake of ease. I really enjoy having gender conversions in my game and doing it through S4PE can be a hassle sometimes. If not would anyone have any tips on how to making a CTU like program. i'm new to modding but i'd be willing to give it a shot.
CTU is not a mod. It's a tool for creating mods, that is, a standalone computer application. You don't need modding skills to make a mod tool, you need programming skills: good knowledge of a programming language, associated libraries, interface design and so on, plus probably also the ability to decipher any TS4 data structures your tool is going to mod by looking at the fullbuild package files with a hex editor or the equivalent.

S4PE is open source, so if you have the knowledge, you can look at the source code to identify what it's doing to the data files, and use that information to write a new tool with an easier interface to do what CTU did, or whatever else you have in mind.

As for the first part of your question, there are various people and groups working on various tools... you can find out more about most of them in the tools forum (moving this thread there). They're all evolving; if you want to know the feature set the creators envisage down the road, the creators are the people to ask. I guess currently Sims 4 Studio, Color Magic, CmarNYC's mesh tool, and probably TSRW are the ones dealing with CAS parts, aside from S4PE.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yorik91

The nearest thing we have to CTU at the current time is Sims 4 Studio. It has a very CTU-like interface, but the one snag is that if you are doing meshing, it only works with Blender, so if you're not familiar with Blender, it's a bit of a learning curve. But there are some good basic Blender tutorials on the site, and the members there will also give helpful advice if you run into difficulty.

Another good tool is Color Magic, which is great for quick and easy recolours, but it doesn't have thumbnails for the CAS items like Sims 4 Studio does, so you have to know, or guess, what each one is.