Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:40 AM Last edited by muddy : 5th May 2017 at 11:13 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED: Windows 10: I can play the Sims 2 but I can't patch it
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been here!

On my old computer I had been playing the Sims 3. Now I have a new computer and I've been a bit nostalgic for the Sims 2 (OFB etc). So I am installing them and playing as I go along. No problems. I haven't inserted my old CC's yet because - I don't know where to put them - and I can't place them until I've installed and patched all expansion and stuff packs.

I can install and play the games. I can download the patches. But I can't install the patches. I keep getting errors.

Also, when I click on the update button on the DVD itself, it says it is up to date. But I checked and it isn't. So now I'm up to Pets, and I've realised my games aren't patched at all.

I have done a search on your site and google, and I only get results for people who have trouble with installing the game and getting it to work on windows 10. So far that isn't my issue.

Please help!

edit: sorry! I saw the grouchyloader solution. I am trying it now! Also I would like to THANK the people here for making such an informative website and for supporting players even when ea can't/won't help them. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:00 AM
You say DVD - does that mean you have collections like Double Deluxe? They are patched already!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
You say DVD - does that mean you have collections like Double Deluxe? They are patched already!

No, I just have the original DVDs. They weren't patched.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2017 at 6:18 AM
It WAS solved, but I didn't end up using the grouchyloader solution. I sent @EAHelp a message on twitter explaining the issues I was having. They simply sent me TS2 Ultimate Collection to download. Which I did. I had to then update my bios but then it all worked!

If anyone else is having issues using the dvd/cd versions for their new pcs, just send @EAHelp a message explaining your issues. They will ask for proof (a photo) that you have the games, then they will update your Origin account by giving you the digital version of the entire set "Ultimate Collection". Hope that helps!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:41 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:02 AM
Yes EA will still giveing out the UC free if you get a good rep, get a bad one and you will be told no. The UC comes fully patched and can also be fixed by going into origin, right clicking and fix.
The downfalls are you can't use AGS, some programs you will need to help see it and I'm not sure about some of the other programs like lot adjuster or Hood replace will work with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#7 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm not sure about some of the other programs like lot adjuster or Hood replace will work with it.

Both work well with UC.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2017 at 7:40 AM
Jo, yes, I believe AGS is the only program not working with UC - I have certainly used the Lot Adjuster quite often.

Ellu - you will need to download a new copy of the CEP (it installed normally into my game) as well as a new Clean Installer (which has been updated to use with UC).
Enjoy