Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 1:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Some custom content are displayed as Maxis content names
I don't know if anyone else is having a same problem, but I have a lot of mods downloaded. However, some of the CC I downloaded are not displaying the names and descriptions of the CC, instead, they show only information displayed from the original meshes. For example, if I select a Nintendo Wii console in Buy Mode, it says "Maxis Game Simulator" instead of "Nintendo Wii", or the cars like the 1994 Dodge Caravan, it says "The Landwhale by Heaveola".

It really ticks me off, because I created some custom TV channels like Cartoon Network, but when I was changing the channel on the TV, the pie menu button is displayed as "KidzTube" instead of "Cartoon Network". Some of the mods are named as original Maxis names, despite the custom content is working well.

If I create numerous kids TV channels other than KidzTube, the pie menu would be all of the same names.

Is there a link for the fix? I know most other mods have bug fixes, but I couldn't find the fix for that. I had the black box shadow glitch once, and then I downloaded the shadow fixes, and the problem's solved. I have an image to let know what I'm talking about. https://imgur.com/SMJmiwT

Thank you.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 2:15 AM
http://modthesims.info/t/71411 scroll down to Change Description. The creator left the original description. This is also why you might get what looks like a cheap item, yesterday I had a 4K cake tin... I changed it to $20- because the creator used the Ming vase.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
http://modthesims.info/t/71411 scroll down to Change Description. The creator left the original description. This is also why you might get what looks like a cheap item, yesterday I had a 4K cake tin... I changed it to $20- because the creator used the Ming vase.

This don't only happen to my custom content, it also happened to other creator's custom content. It's just the game that is acting up. Usually when they install Sims 2 games, they get various bugs and found solutions on this site. The mods still work fine, but not all of the custom content are named differently, I just don't want to end up being confused what vehicles are they called. If there are four computers that were modified from the "Moneywell Computer" mesh, like one Alienware computer, one Dell Windows computer, one laptop, and one Mac computer, all of the computers will be named Moneywell Computer. It's very confusing. Imagine in real life, you asked for a Moneywell Computer, but which Moneywell Computer? I want the gaming one. All of them are called the same brand or type. Very confusing and stupid, I know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 6:42 AM
Not sure what you mean by the game is acting up. If you have an item like those games and it has the Maxis wording on it, its because the creator left it there and didn't change it when they made the item.

if you have some other issue maybe you can explain.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not sure what you mean by the game is acting up. If you have an item like those games and it has the Maxis wording on it, its because the creator left it there and didn't change it when they made the item.

if you have some other issue maybe you can explain.

No. I had played the game on my previous computer, and it's showing the text strings based on the Catalog Description of the custom content. But when I got a new computer, or I got a new copy of The Sims 2 core game after I lost the old copy, the text strings from the custom content were replaced by the Maxis text strings. I checked the text strings for the Nintendo Wii on SimPE, and the text strings are modified, but as I got into gameplay, the modified text strings won't show up, instead, it is replaced by the Maxis default text strings.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:53 AM
Okay, that's really strange. Have you tried holding down CTRL while right-clicking on the item in the catalogue? Try that and see if anything changes.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 9:51 AM
In SimPE, click the "Default lang only" button to the left. It makes all languages use the custom description. If this is left unclicked, and the creator didn't translate, and you use a different language (could be the case of British/American or some such?) the custom description won't show for you.

Either that, or go through the languages until you find the one your game uses, and change the text.

Personally I'm too lazy to translate, and don't mind some English descriptions mixed in with the language my game uses, so I always click the "Default lang only" button when making meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In SimPE, click the "Default lang only" button to the left. It makes all languages use the custom description. If this is left unclicked, and the creator didn't translate, and you use a different language (could be the case of British/American or some such?) the custom description won't show for you.

Either that, or go through the languages until you find the one your game uses, and change the text.

Personally I'm too lazy to translate, and don't mind some English descriptions mixed in with the language my game uses, so I always click the "Default lang only" button when making meshes.

I just did that, and it actually worked! Why I wouldn't knew that before? Thank you. That solved the problem. I would actually have to click on Default lang only. I don't think the languages for the game are only affected, but also the regions for the game are also affected as well.