Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:45 AM
Default Trying to make a Sim pass out while sitting down
I'm shooting a movie and I want a Sim to pass out at the table - but without the food. So far no luck. I've researched a lot of the boolprop cheats but I haven't found any that directly effect needs - at least not to make them go down. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:49 AM
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

you should be able to drag down the needs bar with your cursor

make sure you do

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false

as soon as you're done, playing with testing cheats on can mess up your game.

If you don't have Pets yet, you can get Insimenator - the motive monitor will allow you to make their energy 0. It's safer than using testing cheats and has lots of other nifty stuff!
#3 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:50 AM
Only way you can drag down the needs bar is if you put in the boolprop cheat before going into the house.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:55 AM
And to make sure you did the right thing you should see little black letterings at the top right hand corner of your screen.

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:01 AM
Ummm.....can't you just use moveobjects on to REMOVE the food???

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:23 AM
Actually, Sisaly, that's a pretty good point. So yes perhaps you could try that, heylaheyla..but to get the needs low you have to use the boolprop cheat or just starve your sim

Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:23 AM
Yes moveobjects on will let you take the plate away and put it somewhere else.

Quote: Originally posted by joeySimzee
Actually, Sisaly, that's a pretty good point. So yes perhaps you could try that, heylaheyla..but to get the needs low you have to use the boolprop cheat or just starve your sim

Well starving the sim won't make it pass out.

But if you don't have Pets yet, Insimenator will do the job for bringing down energy and making the sim pass out.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Well starving the sim won't make it pass out.

Oh right! I get what you mean now :p

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:00 PM
Thanks everyone! I figured out the needs bar cheat. Now I'm thinking the problem is that I'm trying to make him pass out in a community lot. Would that make a difference?
#10 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:22 PM
Yes, Sims can't fall asleep on community lots unless you have a hack/mod that lets them (I think Squinge at Insimenator.net has one; he has about everything :P)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Berg
Yes, Sims can't fall asleep on community lots unless you have a hack/mod that lets them (I think Squinge at Insimenator.net has one; he has about everything :P)

Found it! Thanks so much!