Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 6:47 PM
Selling a business ?
As I work retail myself- I'm not too fond of OfB- HOWEVER while in college I had one of my knowedge sims putter arround making toys. Her and her BF have put ALL the toys she's made( and she made alot) into their inventory. The BF, who she's gonna marry after they graduate, is a fortune sim and wants to make $100,000.

First- can he open a business on campus? so he can sell the stuff before they graduate?

and b) how do you close/sell a business? I'd like him to run his business out of his home as I plan to have them have kids and he'll stay home with the kids while she works...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 7:29 PM
To open a business, either call business, start a home business, from the phone, or real estate, and buy a lot to make the business on. I believe it also works on campus.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#3 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 8:16 PM
To close a business for the day, make sure you buy an open/close sign (from decorative -> misc. IIRC), you can click on that to close the store and people will stop coming.

To sell a business, you can put the deed to a real estate place for sale, or I think for a home business you use the phone
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:29 PM
Yeah... I'm looking to sell/ close permently(sp)... because I do have a family with a home business and I get tired of the "hire..." want.

Heck I started a thread because at the home business the toddler wanted to hire his dead beat dad( who lived with another girl he knocked up).
So I want to be able to sell/close a home business...
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 12:40 PM
I beleive you can close a home business over the phone.
Students can buy community lots in other neighbourhoods, but you can't actually have businesses in the uni 'hood - presumably because the owner wouldn't be able to visit once they graduate

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984