Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:06 PM
Default Need a manager
I think this goes here, but I'm never completey sure. I'm new, so forgive me if I've missplaced this.

But anyways, I'm having a problem with one of my buisnesses. I opened a pool hall, and got the whole thing up and running. It's a good business but I don't want to have my sims working there, at least not all the time. So I hired a sim and had her (a teenage girl) sell the items (the time stamped tickets, as I don't actually sell anything but just have sims pay for their time there). She quickly got a silver talent badge in sales so I promoted her to manager and told her to mind the store. But everytime my sim leaves his business, he closes down the place and kicks everyone out. Then when I have him call to "check in on business" it says that it doesn't have a manager, when I know full well that it does. Is there something I'm doing wrong. This is really starting to make me angry and I can't have my sim start up another business until I can get a manager to run the one he's already got.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:18 PM
I think that the manager must be an adult.
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 3:06 AM
So that's it, the manager just needs to be an adult? I'll give it a try.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:31 AM
I've had manager problems too, where I couldn't leave without the business shutting down. It discouraged me from attempting to do it again too :/ I'll try again though, with a for sure adult.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 12:32 PM
I've had it work with a teen before. The business will shut down when you leave, you just get a certain amount of money at midnight each day (based on your previous profits). You won't gain loyalty stars etc when you're not playing the lot.

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 9:34 PM
On my game, it wouldnt let me asign a manager, however after a bit of searching around i found out what was up. Your employee has to have 5 badge points. Three for a gold badge, two for a silver badge and 1 for a broze. so any combination up to five. then it will let you permanently assign the manager