Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:37 AM
Default Kittens going up and down stairs?
My poor little kitten just sits at the bottom of the stairs and meows its head off. It can't make it up. I tried asking my sim to pick it up, and go up the stairs, but that isn't the right combination I suppose. I ended up using move_objects to move her up a flight and put all her things on that floor. I checked manual, says nothing.
I could use some help =')

Thanks ahead of time!

-Krissy
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:39 AM
I dont think they can go up and down stairs.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:40 AM
It seems to be a bug. Usually you're supposed to be able to carry kittens and puppies up stairs (they can't climb much like toddlers). However a large number of people are reporting issues with this. I'm guessing it's something that will be fixed when Maxis releases a patch for the game.
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:48 AM
Hmm... OK. Looks like I'm keeping the Move_objects hack handy Thanks for the help! I hope they get a patch out in a timely manner, it'd be nice if I could get my Sims to move their little kittens and puppies around without having to stop the entire game and manually do it.

-Krissy
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:24 AM
so far i havent had any roubles with my sims moving my puppies and kitten around...although ive only done this in maxis made homes since i usually make single lvl homes with out the foundations

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:38 PM
i have this issue as well, it has to be a bug, you would think this would be a natural thing for sims to do....I always feel so bad for the kitty sitting and crying at the bottom of the stairs.....
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:43 PM
You don't have any custom stairs installed, do you?
I haven't got any custom stairs (not even recolors) and i don't have this bug.
#8 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 8:54 PM
On my computer I can move puppies fine, but not kittens. I don't know why this is. I've also noticed that there is no option to put DOWN the puppy. Be careful when your sim is holding them, if they are holding them when their carpool comes they won't put the puppy or kitten down - they'll take them to work! They also will watch clouds while holding them, it's cute.

I'm not sure why it works for puppies but not kittens on my computer. I guess you'll just have to use moveobjects on for a while. It's annoying when your house is on a foundation because your pets have to go down the steps to pee, but they won't (><).