Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
This tool, like other TS3/TSM tools, uses the objects name to create the unique identifier for the game. It's an FNV64 hash. Google it if you want the specifics. Ultimately, to make a unique clone you only have to give it a unique name.

As for files created in GIMP or any other program, the output files is all that matters. I suspect you problems heart lies in the non-unique clone. Try giving your clone a unique name, and therefore a unique FNV64 hash tag.

====
Ok, I guess my computer just can not handle this stuff or something then, because I followed the tutorial exactly, used the same names, used the cloner, and used the files made by the cloner --- and got a non unique part for all my efforts. sorry, I give up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 9:38 PM
Okay, I'm trying to get it to run in wineskin, and it looks like it could work if it could find the files to clone (the window's there with the dropdown menus, but they're completely blank). I tried putting a folder path like the one it assumes in the .cfg into the wineskin bundle (C/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval) and plopping a copy of SASfullbuild2 in there, but the dropdown menu isn't listing any files it could clone. I don't know what the usual PC file structure is, so I'm hoping that it's just that the program's looking for packages in a currently nonexistent folder. So... would the relevant packages normally be right in the Sims Medieval installation folder, or should I put in a subfolder or two to place the packages in? Do I need to place copies of all the packages, or does it look for just one? Will it read any package in the right directory, so I could clone some custom content and have two versions available, or does it only get directed to particular files?

And, uh, let me know if I'm making any stupid assumptions about how the program would work.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 8:48 PM
Default A second effort
OK, so it seems that nobody is doing this anymore and that makes me sad. Well anyway, now that I have ditched Vista and have found that my current o/s (windows 8 pro) is more user friendly and has resolved some of the problems I had before, I want to make another try at this. Yesterday I downloaded 3 TS3 eyepatches, converted them to TSM files and put them in my game. I again find the old non-unique part issue cropping up. Although all 3 of them work fine in the game only whichever one I drop into the mods/packages/whatever folder last will be the one the game uses. This must mean that all were cloned from the same source and are not unique even though all have different package names.

From what I read before it seemed to say that giving a package a unique name would fix this but it does not. If in my ignorance I have misunderstood how to make a cloned package unique, please forgive that ignorance and enlighten me. It is such a shame to have come just far enough to make a clone only to find I can not then use it without loosing the original it was cloned from.

Help, please? (I did not want to upset anyone by posting the files, since I have not yet sought permission to distribute them; being as how they are not yet ready to be posted for distribution.)
Scholar
#79 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
OK, so it seems that nobody is doing this anymore and that makes me sad. Well anyway, now that I have ditched Vista and have found that my current o/s (windows 8 pro) is more user friendly and has resolved some of the problems I had before, I want to make another try at this. Yesterday I downloaded 3 TS3 eyepatches, converted them to TSM files and put them in my game. I again find the old non-unique part issue cropping up. Although all 3 of them work fine in the game only whichever one I drop into the mods/packages/whatever folder last will be the one the game uses. This must mean that all were cloned from the same source and are not unique even though all have different package names.

From what I read before it seemed to say that giving a package a unique name would fix this but it does not. If in my ignorance I have misunderstood how to make a cloned package unique, please forgive that ignorance and enlighten me. It is such a shame to have come just far enough to make a clone only to find I can not then use it without loosing the original it was cloned from.

Help, please? (I did not want to upset anyone by posting the files, since I have not yet sought permission to distribute them; being as how they are not yet ready to be posted for distribution.)

It's what's inside the package that has to be unique.
This is why something like my no jealousy/auto woohoo mod and Shimrods seduce/execute mod will conflict, they have the same instance ID, but they have to so they can over ride the game file which also has the same instance as both mods.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 3:52 AM Last edited by Silverprinz : 19th Feb 2013 at 3:58 AM. Reason: added thanks, which I had overlooked
Default comments from untrained monkey
OK so I totally missed the mark then, remember the comment earlier about trained monkeys? Well the problem here is this monkey (me) is not trained very well yet. So if you have the patience of Job can you perhaps guide me like the untrained lab pet I am? Please, if you can bear it explain to me which file I need to change and how I need to change it. Do I simply rename a file, delete the old one and import the one with the new name or is there more to it? And of course I have no idea which file to mess with.

Along these same lines of monkeying around, I have been trying to make a wearable apron work and have gotten it to display (sort of) in my game. I do think some major rework will be needed but do not know exactly what or how to start. Do I need to deconstruct the whole package and build a new one following the tutorial, and making changes or what? I zipped some screenshots and the package and will attach them.

===oh how rude of me, sorry====
I got all wrapped up in trying to think (not easy to do) and went and forgot to thank you. From the bottom of my old pea-pickin' heart I thank you for taking the time to address my last post. If you and I were sims then I would bow and kiss your hand.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Apron.7z (989.4 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#81 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:07 AM
I sent you a pm about the eye patches.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:40 PM
Got it, sent answer back too. Thanks.
Instructor
Original Poster
#83 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 2:03 AM
Ok, I'm coming in late, but have tried to get up to date on the topic. To generate a unique guid you have to clone the object with a unique name. It's not about the package, it's about the guid. ( Global Unique Identifier ). When you clone an object, using my cloner, you must rename it in the cloner for it to be unique. (The cloner does a lot of steps for you, so if you don't use it you have to do it all in hex) Now I've seen some misses with this, but they are rare. FNV64 is pretty tight.
Scholar
#84 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:29 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 23rd Feb 2013 at 1:41 PM.
Ok, I'm coming in late, but have tried to get up to date on the topic. To generate a unique guid you have to clone the object with a unique name. It's not about the package, it's about the guid. ( Global Unique Identifier ). When you clone an object, using my cloner, you must rename it in the cloner for it to be unique. (The cloner does a lot of steps for you, so if you don't use it you have to do it all in hex) Now I've seen some misses with this, but they are rare. FNV64 is pretty tight.

It was errors in the casp files that were stopping them showing up together. I re-did the casps and sent them back so he could see what needed changed. I thought it was the instance IDs at first as well, given the nature of the problem, and was surprised to see there were no conflicts.
Welcome back again btw, great to see you around.
Test Subject
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 2:25 PM
hi guys, i have a question. i have downloaded some dresses and converted them via sp3 for medieval. they show up nicely in game but in stead of the arms hanging down the sides, her hands disapear in her skirt (maybe she has an itch i dont know lol) is there anyway to fix this?

ps: when she moves you see her hands but when she stands still they disapear again
Scholar
#86 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 4:09 PM
It's a difference in the meshes, so unless you can use something like milkshape, then it's not fixable.
Test Subject
#87 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
It's a difference in the meshes, so unless you can use something like milkshape, then it's not fixable.

i have milkshape, but so far i am only able to rescale hair and make a skirt longer, in the geom files are two bodyfiles, i have tried to rescale the arms but no effet. i have to say i am a noob i tried Grimms tutorial but its to advanced for me..ah well the dresses are worth it. ill see if it bothers me....i did want to ask you though, how did you recolor the grass?? im in love with the purple
Instructor
Original Poster
#88 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 5:54 PM
It sounds like your running into a bone issue. As ChickieTeeta said, it can be fixed in Milkshape, but it is one of the more advanced edits. I'm still in the process of reinstalling stuff, so I can't walk you through it right now (I need a refresher), but I'll try later.
Scholar
#89 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicolien76
i have milkshape, but so far i am only able to rescale hair and make a skirt longer, in the geom files are two bodyfiles, i have tried to rescale the arms but no effet. i have to say i am a noob i tried Grimms tutorial but its to advanced for me..ah well the dresses are worth it. ill see if it bothers me....i did want to ask you though, how did you recolor the grass?? im in love with the purple

They're just image files in the build packages. There's a few grass ones and they're layered really nicely in the game, so you can get some nice effects. The purple ones were just a recolor of the texture already used. The snow ones are a complete texture overhaul.

And speaking of nice effects, there's a tree that's quite strange. It can't be directly edited, but it seems to take the colors of the other trees and mix them to color it's own leaves, so you get one tree that's completely different from the rest. It's the tree that stands at the back beyond the knight's yard. If you're going to recolor or re-texture things, it's worth doing the trees so you can see this tree at work for yourself. I've taken to calling it the magic tree now.
(I don't really want it's process broken down and explained to me just yet, I'm very happy with this little piece of magic in the corner of my kingdom lol)
Test Subject
#90 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:11 PM
It sounds like your running into a bone issue. As ChickieTeeta said, it can be fixed in Milkshape, but it is one of the more advanced edits. I'm still in the process of reinstalling stuff, so I can't walk you through it right now (I need a refresher), but I'll try later.

i will wait patiently, thanks in advance though i did find a tutorial
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=482467
to combine two different meshes but got lost a long the way lol

and chickyteeta thank you very much i will defenetly try that!
Test Subject
#91 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:37 AM
will it help if i send you one of the dresses?
Instructor
Original Poster
#92 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 6:41 PM
I can get the models I need. I'm just a bit rusty pn everything right now, so I may have to work back through my own tuts. I spent half the day yesterday trying to figure out why S3PE was breaking my packages. Any save I made, even one's that had no changes, wouldn't load. I still don't know what fixed it. I still got to get milkshape back on my PC, and need to take some time to look into it in depth. Hopefully it won't take me too long, but I can't pin a date on it. This is something I know many people would like so I'll do everything I can.
Test Subject
#93 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 9:12 PM
I can get the models I need. I'm just a bit rusty pn everything right now, so I may have to work back through my own tuts. I spent half the day yesterday trying to figure out why S3PE was breaking my packages. Any save I made, even one's that had no changes, wouldn't load. I still don't know what fixed it. I still got to get milkshape back on my PC, and need to take some time to look into it in depth. Hopefully it won't take me too long, but I can't pin a date on it. This is something I know many people would like so I'll do everything I can.

im in no hurry, im just glad you are willing to help as i know its a lot of work, i did manage to change my grass in game so im verry happy at the moment :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#94 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 7:27 PM
Ok, I think I've figured out your issue nicolien76. Is this what's happening?

This is actually a Bone Delta issue, and can easily be fixed if you have TS3 and any expansion that this model relies on. This one only used the Base TS3 game.

Open the package you're trying to convert, click on the CASP, and scroll all the way to the bottom of Preview panel. There is a section called "--- CountedTGIBlockList: TGIBlocks (0x21) ---". In this section you can find the instance of the TS3 Bone Delta file used with this model. Look for entries that are of type "0x0355E0A6" (TGI is Type, Group, Instance).

These instances need to be copied from TS3's DeltaBuild0 or FullBuild0 package (if it's in delta use that one). You may notice that these files corespond to the thin, fat, fit, etc meshes.

Just copy those files to your package, and save it, you get this.

The hands are still kindof in the skirt, but that's due to the model itself. You could further modify the bone deltas of the arms to pull them a bit further out, but that requires some quaternion rotation (if you know what a quaternion is).

Also note this particular file has no feet. Youll find many TS3 models are absent feet, because shoes are separated in TS3, and not in Medieval. You could probably add feet in Milkshape using a model that has feet.

Also notice how the dress is black, it should be purple. This is a problem in the presets, and I'm still working out the details, but it seems CTU (the tool used to extract most TS3 clothing) doesn't copy the presets entirely, and uses clones from TS3. These clones don't exisist in TSM. Also, this dress, and others I've messed with, used patterns in their presets. This might work if they were TSM patterns, but so far I've had no luck bringing in patterns from TS3. You can however copy a know good preset, and replace the overlay, mask, and multiplier instance, and get a useable model in TSM.

I hope this help you and others a bit.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#95 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 5th Mar 2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: added hint
Default feet
Hmm, no feet? Or you could just put a pair of shoes on her. Hint: The boots I put on the sim in the screenshot are set up as an accessory.
Screenshots
Scholar
#96 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
Hmm, no feet? Or you could just put a pair of shoes on her. Hint: The boots I put on the sim in the screenshot are set up as an accessory.

Awesome! How does she look when she walks?
Field Researcher
#97 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:50 PM
Everything appears normal so far. I am also getting closer to my naked tattoo and have made a custom skin that now stays on even when naked so should only be a matter of making the skin images. I will post it when I am finished and satisfied as to how it looks. I want to use the skin colors which I always use in my game so it probably will need to be delayed until I can get the CAS thumbnails changed, I have looked and looked but can not find the images.

The only problem I have noticed is that the boots and stockings stay on when my simgirl gets naked. Since in the casp file of both accessories I have naked false, I can not account for this. Any suggestions?
Instructor
Original Poster
#98 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 4:31 AM
That's a nice hack/fix, but I'm positive that "normal" feet can be added to the mesh. It's truely a Milkshape / Modeling issue. If you're a 3D modeler I'm sure I could get you through it. If you're a newbie in 3D modeling, it will require more than just a simple explanation.

But, modders make sh*t work, and you've done just that. Great call, great work, great thinking outside the box. Really Silverprinz, you've done some great work here, which is why I personelly offered to help you.

One, Naked in a CASP has to do with sim reactions. I don't think Medieval sims have "those" reactions, so it a null variable. In TS3 if your sim ran around naked your sim would get responses from other sims. In TSM, as far as I can tell, there are no responses, so the flag is pointless. I've seen no other usage, in game or in code, for the naked flag.

Two, the nude mesh has feet. Your accessory is only covering up the feet, they're still there, or "not" depending on the model. Accessories are shower proof, from my TS3/TSM understanding, meaning they don't come off with outfit changes.

It's a good work around, but it's only a work around. I'm not trying to devalue it a bit, it's an awesome work around, but it will always suffer from these flaws. Unless ChickieTeeta proves me wrong (she's done it a few times), but on this topic, I doubt it.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 7:07 AM
You are correct about the feet, and since they are slightly larger the toes will stick out a bit. A work around only, as you said. I never meant it to be anything more. Thank you for the info on the naked tag, I did not know that so I learned something, always good to learn.
Test Subject
#100 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 1:10 PM
Ok, I think I've figured out your issue nicolien76. Is this what's happening?

This is actually a Bone Delta issue, and can easily be fixed if you have TS3 and any expansion that this model relies on. This one only used the Base TS3 game.

Open the package you're trying to convert, click on the CASP, and scroll all the way to the bottom of Preview panel. There is a section called "--- CountedTGIBlockList: TGIBlocks (0x21) ---". In this section you can find the instance of the TS3 Bone Delta file used with this model. Look for entries that are of type "0x0355E0A6" (TGI is Type, Group, Instance).

These instances need to be copied from TS3's DeltaBuild0 or FullBuild0 package (if it's in delta use that one). You may notice that these files corespond to the thin, fat, fit, etc meshes.

Just copy those files to your package, and save it, you get this.

The hands are still kindof in the skirt, but that's due to the model itself. You could further modify the bone deltas of the arms to pull them a bit further out, but that requires some quaternion rotation (if you know what a quaternion is).

Also note this particular file has no feet. Youll find many TS3 models are absent feet, because shoes are separated in TS3, and not in Medieval. You could probably add feet in Milkshape using a model that has feet.

Also notice how the dress is black, it should be purple. This is a problem in the presets, and I'm still working out the details, but it seems CTU (the tool used to extract most TS3 clothing) doesn't copy the presets entirely, and uses clones from TS3. These clones don't exisist in TSM. Also, this dress, and others I've messed with, used patterns in their presets. This might work if they were TSM patterns, but so far I've had no luck bringing in patterns from TS3. You can however copy a know good preset, and replace the overlay, mask, and multiplier instance, and get a useable model in TSM.

I hope this help you and others a bit.

that's it! TY very much
Page 4 of 6