Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:29 AM
Default Color Magic Won't Recognise The Sims 4
I downloaded Color Magic tool, yet for some reason, it doesn't display the Sims 4, only the Create-A-Sim Demo. I can't really go into the folder manually since ClientFullBuild0.package doesn't display any of the textures for the clothing. Does anyone know why this is happening, and if there is a way I could fix it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM
you have to load sims 4, try this in manual C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client...also I messed mine up at one point, and it would not load anything but a single package file I had asked it to open. I had to reboot it a few times and put that in manual
Inventor
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:13 PM
Which version of Color Magic did you use? I have version 0.5.0 and it works perfectly fine for me - the drop down field is greyed out but I can chose either The Sims 4 or the CAS Demo. The newest version is 0.5.2, btw.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Which version of Color Magic did you use? I have version 0.5.0 and it works perfectly fine for me - the drop down field is greyed out but I can chose either The Sims 4 or the CAS Demo. The newest version is 0.5.2, btw.

I use 0.5.2 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and the drop down displays the CAS Demo which works fine, but even though I have the Sims 4 installed, it won't display that. Going into manual holds no results since ClientFullBuild is split into 9 different files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by violablu
you have to load sims 4, try this in manual C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client...also I messed mine up at one point, and it would not load anything but a single package file I had asked it to open. I had to reboot it a few times and put that in manual

Erm, exactly how would I do that?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:21 AM
This post (granthes @ EA forums, same issue) might probably help you to sort it out.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:24 AM
Welp, I finally got it to work. It turns out there was a problem with the registry key, so yeah. Thank you all for your help, though!
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:34 PM
I'm having the same problem. Please help!
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuffieCutie1
I'm having the same problem. Please help!

Did you try this? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12616505