Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DrChillgood's Kids Can Die of Anything - Updated

by scumbumbo Posted 17th Apr 2015 at 6:48 AM - Updated 1st Jan 2016 at 6:48 PM by maybesomethingdunno

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:48 AM
Yes!!!! Thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 11:02 AM
Scumbumbo you're the god amongst gods! Thank you so much! Does this mean that you will be updating all of DrChillgood's mods eventually? Not a request, just a question.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:29 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for the update! I hate rejoicing over the possible death of sim children, but how can I do historical reenactment is the children can't die?
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 6:08 PM
Great work, thank you!

Do you plan to also update the "Kids can starve" (the version where they can die of starvation, but not of the emotional deaths)?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:45 PM
Thank you so much for picking this up and updating it and thank you so much to Dr. Chillgood for his many wonderful mods!
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:49 PM
The March 26th update caused a glitch and now when Sims die, they don't have any death animations, they just vanish and turn into a urn/gravestone and then they vanish from the family tree. The only death animation that is still there is drowning but none of the other ones. If a sim grabs a cowplant cake, they will turn into an urn and the cake will still be outside. After the last "update" and installing Get To Work, the death glitch has not been fixed in anyway

Also even without this mod in my game at least, the children still die of hunger but they turn into urns with no death animation, the EA "updates" always ruin the games more than actually updating them don't they? Everyone has different glitches, not everyone has the death glitch I think

Your mods are the best ones on this site can you make a mod that is similar to the Dexter Teddy bear from the sims 3?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 11:04 PM
Thank you for updating this! I loved Dr. Chillgood's mods, and while I don't have any children (yet) I've always hated the stupid Social "Services" interfering with my games. Sorry, EA, but children die. :P
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 9:54 PM
The March 26th patch also has made my game get a death glitch. My sims simply wont die. If I am playing a certain house the elder that is supposed to die does ,death comes and the game force closes. It is very annoying. Your Mods are great and i was currently using it before the patch. Keep up the good work.
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 7:53 AM
Regarding the March 26 patch and the death glitch, one cause was the old version of this mod. It's quite possible that another death-related mod is also causing issues. There's an excellent thread here on MTS with discussions about mods that are known to be broken and/or fixed. If you haven't already looked at it, be sure to check it out: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551495
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 3:14 PM
Thanks for carrying the torch when I dropped it.
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Thanks for carrying the torch when I dropped it.

@DrChillgood - Thanks! We'd far rather have you back, but I understand your reasons for wanting to retire. All the best!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 11:04 PM
can children die from the cowplant?
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 6:51 AM
Can not get married. Why?
Scholar
#15 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 8:10 AM
Is it possible scumbumbo you could also update DrChillgood's emotions don't kill mod? - I take it the remark about dropping the torch...um, means no updates from DrChillgood? I just can't play without emotions don't kill. This emotion system in Sims 4 is nuts!

P.S. I would be eternally grateful.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th May 2015 at 10:43 PM
This mod prevented my sims kids from aging up! I wish that it would have worked.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th May 2015 at 1:15 PM
I'd rather my kids die than be taken away...they came out SO wrong! >.< Thanks though! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
yay idk why i got this mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd May 2015 at 8:31 PM
Couldn't evolve plants because of this mod.
Deceased
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 7:25 AM
This mod has been checked for compatibility with the July 9th game patch and no changes are required.
Page 1 of 2