Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:06 AM
"i'm glad you're finally leaving, thanks for making my party lame" notification but my sim didn't do anything?
before i explain anything: i'm not sure if this should be in sims 3 help or sims 3 general discussion since this is a very minor glitch, so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place
what happened: my sim, violet simmons, who's in university, got invited to paris vanderbuilt's party. i said yes, and violet went to the party. she talked to paris a bit, intent on making friends with her, and after a bit paris had to get food and violet had to use the bathroom
and this is when it went weirdly - i noticed that violet was stinkin' up the place so i had her go home to take a shower and i suddenly see the "lost a friend" moodlet on her. i was confused since she has the long distance friend lifetime reward, then i see a message from paris saying "im glad you're finally leaving, violet. thanks for making my party lame".
i also received a message from ashley that said "violet is behaving inappropriately! if it continues, i'll have to ask them to leave". i'm confused because i didn't see violet do anything that could be deemed "inappropriate"... was it that she left the party before receiving the "thanks for coming to my party, violet!" message or was it that she was smelly? or something else? is leaving before receiving the "thanks for coming to my party" notification? and if needed: violet has the friendly, irresistible, good sense of humor, charismatic, and virtuoso traits - thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 11:42 AM
My guess would be being stinky and using the bathroom as the reasons. Perhaps also leaving quickly, that seems to tick sims off I've noticed.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:16 PM Last edited by Elynda : 25th Jul 2018 at 12:27 PM.
I was wondering if you did what I have sometimes done, i.e. clicked on the shower on your home lot to make Violet go home and shower whilst she was still at Paris' house. That might account for your getting the 'Violet is behaving inappropriately...' message since the game seems to regard that as the same as using the shower on somebody else's lot. That happens too if you click on your own fridge to get your sim to go home and eat. I've actually had sims follow my sim home, barge their way into the kitchen and stand there glaring at them whilst they're eating. It's not a glitch, as such, just one of many little peculiarities about the game.

As for her being smelly: I may be wrong, but I've never noticed it effecting relationships much, certainly not that drastically. Same goes for leaving early.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor