Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 1:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Uninstalling items on sims
searching this question on google didn't really seem to give me many results nor did it give me any answers.

I have a sim that I want a skin from and the creator of the sim has never accepted my friend request on sims3.com so I cant send her messages without being her friend.
is there a way that I can uninstall items from the sim i'm trying to install? I tried using the CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner but it just ends up deleting the sim from my launcher.

is there anyway I can unistall the items on the sim and just install the sim itself with the skin?

sounds impossible but I thought i'd at least ask.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:28 AM
When you install a sim through the launcher a .sim file is created in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims, check the file size, if it's less that 500KB then it's a regular sim and the CC was in separate files in the sims3pack.

If the file is several MB in size then chances are that most of the CC used was in .package format, and as a result "most" of it has been copied and burned into the .sim file. Only way to deal with this type is some heavy butchery with S3PE, and that's not for the faint hearted.
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 7:12 AM
Or Delphy's multi installer as nitromom mentioned.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bejaymac
When you install a sim through the launcher a .sim file is created in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims, check the file size, if it's less that 500KB then it's a regular sim and the CC was in separate files in the sims3pack.

If the file is several MB in size then chances are that most of the CC used was in .package format, and as a result "most" of it has been copied and burned into the .sim file. Only way to deal with this type is some heavy butchery with S3PE, and that's not for the faint hearted.

In this case, the sim is already installed or what?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:01 AM
i tried using Delphy's multi-installer, and it not letting me separate the items from the sim, its like the items were made with the sim, so I have no choice but to just not install the sim I found.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 7:55 AM
It is way too late for me to get into this...... but if you install the sim and the sim has the skin you want in your game it must have installed in your game.....so it should be there to use for other Sims, right? That is what you want, to have it for use on other Sims?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:03 AM
The problem is that inside the .sims3pack file you only have one file for it to "install", and that's a .sim that gets put into the SavedSims folder.

Using the multi-installer wont change that, there is still only one file in there to remove, but in this case you will get a .package instead of a .sim.

Using the dashboard on that .package will show it in red with a warning something like - more than one package in file, basically you have merged CC, it was merged by the game when the .sims3pack was first created, and as anyone here that merges their own CC can tell you separating it again is a nightmare.

I have 32 sims with this issue, so I know the problems involved.

The fact you just want the skin means that it could either be quite easy to find or a bit of a PITA. Hopefully the skins creater made an image file to overlay the skin tone slider in CAS, with luck it has writing on it you can read and then google for.

Failing that it's probably going to require some butchery, using S3PE on the .package file you got from multi-installer.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 5:17 PM
You probably wont understand unless you get one of these "badly" done files.

Easy enough to create one though if you want try it.

Just make sure all of the hair, skin, clothing and custom sliders you put on a sim are in .package format in the Mods folder.

Then in CAS dress the sim with all that CC, then use "share sim" instead of saving it to the bin.

In your Export folder you should now find a .sims3pack that you can experiment with.