Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 2:48 PM
Sims 3 Water Table - new hole filling with water.
I'm trying to build a boat at the moment, it's going fine except I seem to have a problem with the 'water table'. It appears to me that the water table is being set for individual lots, and this is what has happened to me.

I have created a large pool of water which my boat is being built in. That's fine so far. But... now, when i try and dig down with the lower terrain tool, it starts filling in water when I get down to the level of water at the main pool!?

This is getting extremely annoying as I need to build 'scaffolding' to use with CFE to build the boat, but it's hard to build scaffolding underwater
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 4:30 PM
I think, if you start digging a VERY deep hole at the corner of your lot, the water table will recede. Try that, and then when you're done, fill the deep hole back up. That should restore the water level. (I'm not sure about the latter. You might want to try in an empty lot first)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:03 PM
RobiBue - I managed to get the water table to go down, but I can't get it to come back up. This is getting very annoying!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:44 PM
cazarupt - are you using foundation for the lower part of the boat?
if so, then you can add the water at the end.
I played around with the water tool and the terrain shaping tools and found that if you make a hole beside the "pond" with the stairs, then, depending on how far from the "pond" you are, the water level sinks.
I built a foundation and then with the water tool I made a pond under the foundation.
if I added stairs at the side, and the water table sank, afterwards, with the "level terrain" tool (not the "flatten lot") I filled the hole I made with the stairs, and the water came back up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 8:14 PM
The lower part is actually a wall. I made the wall, then used the water tool around it to make it sink. I am then building the boat on top of that.
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 7:40 PM
Don't use the watertool until after you finish the entire lot. Same thing as waterfalls, if you touch any terrain tool after you do the water it will do this. Leave adding the water till the end of the build